Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

Carvins Cove riders: Please stop throwing sticks into muddy crossings!

I thought I had posted this before, but I can't find it, so I'll post it again because it keeps happening.

To whoever keeps throwing sticks into crossings of small muddy intermittent streams out at carvin's cove: Please stop. I know it seems like a good idea at first, but in the end it just makes it worse. I am particularly thinking about the crossing on Shoolhouse that you pass a few minutes after you go by the picnic table headed towards the parking lot. Somebody keeps putting a pile of branches in the mud in order to make it easier to cross. That is fine until water needs to come through, and then it just makes mud on either side of the stick pile, and then that gets turned to mud, and now what was a 1' wide mud pit is now a 2' wide mud pit with a pile of sticks in the middle. The part that is now about 6 feet wide and all mud used to be about a foot wide until people started using the pile-of-sticks trick. Anyway, I just pulled sticks out of it for the forth time in about a year and a half. If you know who keeps putting them in there, please ask them to stop, or call them names if they don't.

Thanks.

www.justthebonnet.com
    What names would you call them?....a stick in the mud!
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_phun
    What names would you call them?....a stick in the mud!
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Members who have read this thread: 0