mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Calling Brandywine Creek Riders

Hello everybody,

A couple weeks ago I decided to give brandywine creek a try. I parked on Garden of Eden road. All of the trails I found were either super easy double track. Or Trails with tall logs that I was unable to get over with my capabilities.

It also didn't help everything was covered in thick leaves making it difficult to figure out what was trail and what wasn't.

I know I need to work on bunny hopping logs; however, I was hoping to find some in between trails I could practice on.

Could anybody point me to a good area to ride there that's kind of a middle ground?

Any help is appreciated

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Try Shaeffer Farms. Has lots of nice singletrack, an area to practice logovers and even a skills track that's like a half pipe for mountain bikes that flows back and forth down a ravine. There's a few section of super bumpy technical roots too if you want to practice that.

mtbr member
    If you are close enough to Brandywine, then Middle Run, White Clay and Fair Hill are all within your reach. Middle run is probably your best bet for the most groomed trails in this area. There are log features but most if not all can be avoided.

With the weather today and the next week or so it looks like Mother Nature will be keeping us off the trails for a while unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thank you ISO100 I've looked up shaeffer farms and It looks like a sweet place to ride. I will have to plan to make a trip up there.

eBayrider yes those are the trails I most frequently ride. Mostly middle run and white clay. I've only ridden fair hill during the fair hill classic race.

I haven't noticed many logs on trail at either place as they seem to be very well kept up by the trail spinners.