Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park

Bryce Resort to Open Mountain Bike Park | Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition

I think we all can agree; this is wonderful news!

mtbr member
    Yes yes yes yes yes. DH just 2 hours away = my life made. It's being built by the same trail builders who built Whistler. Even tho it's a small mountain, there's no possible way it will suck.

mtbr member
    I am pumped.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am too... but then again, biased.

Jul 2009
    This is awesome! only 45 minutes from harrisonburg! Will any trails open this summer?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yep, we hope to have the first 3 open by mid June.

mtbr member
    very cool!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Yep, we hope to have the first 3 open by mid June.
    Is it known if the bike park will be open and lifts running during the weekdays?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi JT,

yes the direction right now will be 7 days/wk from June opening until Labor day wkend, then going to weekends from Sept until end of Oct. We have not established rates yet as they will depend on number of trails, completion, etc but they will be below $30 for a lift ticket and we'll have a variety of passes as well. We think that on most days hours will be around 12-6 or so with 12-8 on Friday/Sat but again these are moving targets!

mtbr member
    Hi JT,

yes the direction right now will be 7 days/wk from June opening until Labor day wkend, then going to weekends from Sept until end of Oct. We have not established rates yet as they will depend on number of trails, completion, etc but they will be below $30 for a lift ticket and we'll have a variety of passes as well. We think that on most days hours will be around 12-6 or so with 12-8 on Friday/Sat but again these are moving targets!

I foresee a few ahem, ahem, "sick" days in my future!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ha View Post
    ha! Why the heck do you think we choose these industries! Whistler Canada, in the early 90's the 30cm (1ft) rule was an actual valid excuse to close the doors. If it snowed a foot overnight we would spend the day on the slopes instead of working. Not the most guest oriented program but back then it worked...

mtbr member
    Exactly the reason why I asked the question. can't wait!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi again,

I've received quite a few PM's thanks for that! Unfortunately I can't answer them yet as I have not hit the 10 post minimum but I will once I do. In the meantime to answer a few questions...

Yes I'm with Bryce Mtn
    We're really anxious to get cracking, in fact we're waiting on the first demo of the bike rack for the chairlift being custom built for us.
    Design by Gravity Logic out of Whistler, many of the features in the woods will be left up throughout the year but the features which will be on the ski slopes will have steel bases bolted into concrete foundations for easy removal to allow for snowmaking in the winter. These features will be designed by us/GL but built through a professional company. We may be looking for trail crew to help with build but do not know yet. We expect to be able to have most work done with a combination of our crew, GL project mgr and a couple of people who have helped build trails locally and in Northern VA. That being said, if you would like to, please PM me your contact info and I can reach out to you once we have more direction.

thanks!

Old N Slow
    How far is Bryce Mt from York,PA?

mtbr member
    Super excited to see more Downhill options.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Is this project all DH stuff ? Curious if there will be any XC type trails connecting to GWNF. I live 20 minutes from Bryce.lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Bird,

currently it will be all gravity. we don't own the land adjacent to the hill but as you know there is a ton of great XC riding around here. We will be working on trail maps eventually though so that people will know where else there is to ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    four hours from me, but no doubt ill go there as much as possible.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi all,

Just an update, with all the recent snow we had stayed open for skiing and have not yet started to cut. That will now start within the next couple of weeks. I'm still pushing for a mid-end of June open date with the first 3-4 trails and learning area.

Demo bikes are being shipped. They will be Trek Session 8's and Slash 8's all sizes available. We haven't yet gotten our body armor or helmet programs. Waiting on a demo of the bike carrier we plan to use, still in engineering, however we have decided on the style which will be a roll on tray that will hold 3 bikes. No metal touching your rims, scratching, lifting, etc. Simply walk behind the lift, roll your bike on and get on the chair behind. Our staff will remove the bikes at the top.

Hours, we will be pushing for 7 days per week once we open. Mon-Fri 12-8pm, Sat 10-8pm, Sun 10-6pm please know that these could change once we get going.

Hopefully more news over the next few weeks along with pics of construction. We will also update our FB page pretty regularly once we get going.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    This is fantastic. I am looking forward to this summer..

mtbr member
    Awesome! I'm happy to hear that the winter season has been an active one... and that you're carrying the energy into the spring/ summer. I am really looking forward to this summer too!

mtbr member
    Less winter, more spring. Please and thank you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Weekend update

Hi folks,

Just wanted to give a quick update in case you don't follow us on FB (we put quite a few updates there this week). Design has gone very well and we have a week of construction under our collective belts. We have Brad and Tom from 402 Trails/Gravity Logic project managing the crews which include our staff. Gotten a ton done. We've received the first of the rental bikes and I've included a pic of the bike carrier we had built for the lift in Oregon. This is a test unit for us to work the kinks out with but is the design we will be using.

Pricing is coming along as well. Tip, we will be giving discounts on day tickets to people who belong to organizations such as MORE, IMBA, SVBC, etc.Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-photo-1.jpg

mtbr member
    What is your Facebook page? There is more than one Bruce Mountain page

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ah,

well there's only one "official" one and here it is!

https://www.facebook.com/BryceResort

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    What is your Facebook page? There is more than one Bruce Mountain page
    Check Shenandoah Bicycle Company for the updates. They get posted on the Bryce Resort page but it doesn't post on our timelines when they do it that way.

https://www.facebook.com/Shenandoah....ocation=stream

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Not sure how I missed the original post, but glad to see a resort in VA getting back into bikes again. Will definitely be there on opening day.

two wheel whore
    Awesome stuff. I'll be keeping an eye out.

mtbr member
    Wow, the pics on facebook are looking sick! This place can't open soon enough.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ditto for us as well! I got a chance to ride the top of the blue jump and the beginner run. Brad and Tom from 402 Trails (via Gravity Logic) are doing an incredible job. For thise that want to get their friends into the sport the green trail has an average grade of 4-6%, I barely used my brakes at all. For those that know what they're doing the blue and black runs are looking really promising! Bikes are rolling in and protective gear has started to come in as well for the rental program

mtbr member
    YES! so stoked on this

mtbr member
    Update? Any word on opening date just yet guys? Just checking in.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey sorry about that we've been updating via FB a fair bit. Build is going incredibly well. Features on the advanced trails are looking good. We have a few manufactured items being built in Colorado that won't be on site until mid July. That being said I think we're still on track for a mid-late June soft opening. We will be announcing pricing around June 1st. Carriers are being galvanized in Oregon as I type.

mtbr member
    Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I've been following pretty closely on FB as well. I really dig the updates and photo's to keep motivated! HA!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This is bad, I went Tallboy instead of TBLT because there wasn't any close that I felt needed the travel. Oh man, if only the LTc came in red like the TBc, wife wouldn't notice.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

Formerly of Kent
    Mainly an XC racing/training, lycra wearing sort, but glad to see this will be happening near my future home of Blacksburg!

Park riding will make any rider better.
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Same here. I'm not crazy enough to DH but it's awesome to see another place for those that do. Anything to maintain or increase mountain biking of any type gets two huge thumbs up from me. Great job Bryce Mountain!!!

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Re: Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park

Can't wait to see some pricing!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi folks,

So we've announced pricing, check out website for that. The Slash 8 is a great rental bike for all the trails, including the tighter singletrack. The Session 88, is incredibly stable and a good bit of fun. Trails are coming along nicely and we're still eyeing the 22nd of June for opening (assuming that all signage comes in). Some trails will be updated weekly with new features for the first couple of months. On the advanced trails we have a nicely sized Whale Tail and Step Up that won't be in use until mid July but gives you a reason to come back!

For those that know what they're looking for, I think you'll be pleased with the terrain, and for those of you who want to get your less experienced friends into the sport this park will be fantastic for progression.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Also, if you know of anyone looking for a PT gig, we're looking for a part time mechanic/rental technician, Mon-Wed roughly. Basic repairs for guests, rental fleet, etc. needs to have some experience and be great with guests since the service area is front and center. Person will also be handling rental duties since these will be slower days of the week. Good perks, obviously bike park pass, reduced food and beverage while on shift, golf, zip line, etc. we're about 45 minutes from Harrisonburg and 45min-1hr from Winchester. PM me if interested. thanks!

mtbr member
    Me and the boys down here in Virginia Beach are getting amped to make the road trip guys. We are all newbies when it comes to lift riding, so the place is looking super attractive from a progression standpoint. We want to have a blast, but arent down to kill ourselves either. Thanks for all the updates and hard work. We'll be ready to shred and will hopefully plan out a nice weekend shortly once you are opened.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Me and the boys down here in Virginia Beach are getting amped to make the road trip guys. We are all newbies when it comes to lift riding, so the place is looking super attractive from a progression standpoint. We want to have a blast, but arent down to kill ourselves either. Thanks for all the updates and hard work. We'll be ready to shred and will hopefully plan out a nice weekend shortly once you are opened.
    You'll definitely enjoy yourselves. I haven't ridden much mountain over the last few years but the Blue Jump trail (Brew Thru), is a blast, you can roll all the jumps easily and then work on your style and start to get air, but you're not penalized with a nasty landing if you can't huck it. The tighter single track trails are simply incredible. We'll be continuing to work on additional features, etc as the season goes to keep people coming back. But so far for the few who have been fortunate enough to ride it a bit, the comments are that from a design and progression standpoint the park is on a level not currently available in the region. And for those hellbent on the dbl diamond stuff, yeah you'll be happy too!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just a quick update for all, We will definitely be opening this Saturday. All 6 trails should be open, obviously some features and additions will completed over the coming weeks/months, but the trails all ride beautifully. We'll be open 7 days/wk from Sat on!

mtbr member
    Just a quick update for all, We will definitely be opening this Saturday. All 6 trails should be open, obviously some features and additions will completed over the coming weeks/months, but the trails all ride beautifully. We'll be open 7 days/wk from Sat on!
    Awesome... See ya this weekend!

mtbr member
    I had such a good time at the park this past weekend! Thank you for all the hard work and great service. I'll surely be back soon!

mtbr member
    I had such a good time at the park this past weekend! Thank you for all the hard work and great service. I'll surely be back soon!
    +1 here. let's see some opening day pics! I saw lots of cameras out!

ride more
    Mar 2007

Re: Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park

Pics!

mtbr member
    There are some videos and pic popping up on facebook of some great riding. Looks like a blast. Here is one link to something Bryce put out if you havent seen it.

https://vimeo.com/m/68889517

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks guys, happy you all enjoyed yourselves. It will continue to be a work in progress all season with some great features, extensions to be added as we go. Here is a link to someone's gallery who took a bunch of pictures.

Bryce Mountain Biking Opening Day - DaVinci Galleries I Fine Prints & Paintings

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    rode this on saturday...amazing park, the jump trail is too good, going back on wed. for more!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Great to hear thanks! No crowds on weekdays, remember to keep one of your receipts, if you decide to buy a season pass they will credit one day of lift tickets towards it.

mtbr member
    Hey Bryce, tried the website but cant locate a number to you guys to talk some deets on a few questions for you guys. I'm heading a group of guys from VB up there on the 6th. Can you drop me a number where the guys in rentals or the shop can be reached?

mtbr member
    Also, can you identify the best/value hotel and campground for us?

mtbr member
    Got a hold of the boys in rentals and I am all taking care of with the exception of the lodging question.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    good to hear. on lodging we have some options for operators on our website, my suggestion would be Chalet High at 540-856-3770 they are one of the only operators that do single night stays and they're right here at the resort on the golf course. Townhome style with full kitchen, multi room, etc.

There is also a campground at Mt Jackson about 15 minutes away from the resort, here is a link to their site. I know our marketing guy recently visited them, seemed nice, I don't know that it would do any good but maybe in either case let them know you're here to bike at Bryce who knows!

Home Page

mtbr member
    Opening Day at Bryce Bike Park Video - Pinkbike

A few clips from opening day... Please disregard the noisy camera and my giggles!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Made reservations for Saturday, not taking the Santa Cruz, instead renting one of the Session 88s, how fast are the trails?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GFMarlin13' View Post
    Made reservations for Saturday, not taking the Santa Cruz, instead renting one of the Session 88s, how fast are the trails?
    I'm debating on if I should just rent or try it with my TBc. I've built on the heavier side with Fox 34mm and FlowEX wheelset.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I look at it a couple of ways, one I ride a 2012 Nickel, suites my freeride style at Freedom Park just fine, however its not made for DH, and well I want to have as much fun as I can. Another, I don't want to break anything on my bike lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I look at it a couple of ways, one I ride a 2012 Nickel, suites my freeride style at Freedom Park just fine, however its not made for DH, and well I want to have as much fun as I can. Another, I don't want to break anything on my bike lol
    I have to read the rental agreements for their bikes, does it include insurance so you don't have to pay if you break it? It looks like fun, but so far I haven't seen any videos that make it look like you really need a DH rig for it.

But I admit videos can be deceiving.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Video looks like a blast. Wish I had the skills/balls to do DH.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Looks like a blast! How long were the lift lines on Saturday?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Bryce, we are thinking about driving up this weekend. Do you guys have any 20" or 24" rental bikes? Also, do you have rental protective gear for kids? My daughter is 7 yrs old @ 51" & 60lbs. She just started riding a Felt 24", but still enjoys her Trek 20". Do you really need a DH bike for the beginner trails?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    not bad at all, i think the longest i waited was about 2-3 minutes, theyve got it pretty dialed, 1 out of every 3 chairs is a bike rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian23693 View Post
    Bryce, we are thinking about driving up this weekend. Do you guys have any 20" or 24" rental bikes? Also, do you have rental protective gear for kids? My daughter is 7 yrs old @ 51" & 60lbs. She just started riding a Felt 24", but still enjoys her Trek 20". Do you really need a DH bike for the beginner trails?
    Green trails are nbd with a hardtail,i was debating whether or not to take my rigid hardtail up there tomorrow, but it looks like the girlfriend is using the handlebars from it on her cake for a little more stable ride :/

i'd ride just about any trail up there with a hardtail with a suspension fork, except for maybe copperhead...def want a lot of squish for that one...

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Hi folks,

We don't have any kids 20-24" wheel bikes, we do have some dual suspension Lush S's with 26" wheels that we've gotten some 10 year olds on. Your daughter will be fine from a skillset stand point for Sundowner (green trail and maybe even a little single track) if she's comfortable. The key will be the equipement, the bikes must have either cantilever, V, or disk brakes (no pinch caliper or coaster brakes), just ti ensure she's comfortable on the descents. I had a 7 year old the other day with no problems with the right gear.

We do have some protective gear which should work, either elbow pads that will double as knee pads, I also have some new kali knee/shin protectors that will be shorter than what I had this past weekend that might work.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    I have to read the rental agreements for their bikes, does it include insurance so you don't have to pay if you break it? It looks like fun, but so far I haven't seen any videos that make it look like you really need a DH rig for it.

But I admit videos can be deceiving.
    We do have an insurance program for an additional cost of $20, this would protect you against problems/crashes but does not include intentional abuse or theft. This past weekend a guy trashed a rear wheel, legitimate enough was not going crazy, just unfortunate, had the damage waiver, saved himself roughly $300

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroywashere View Post
    not bad at all, i think the longest i waited was about 2-3 minutes, theyve got it pretty dialed, 1 out of every 3 chairs is a bike rack.

Green trails are nbd with a hardtail,i was debating whether or not to take my rigid hardtail up there tomorrow, but it looks like the girlfriend is using the handlebars from it on her cake for a little more stable ride :/

i'd ride just about any trail up there with a hardtail with a suspension fork, except for maybe copperhead...def want a lot of squish for that one...
    Thanks for this feedback, from the video posted it looked like I could ride it fine with my Yelli hardtail. I'd rather bring my HT than my FS, the HT fits much better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    We do have an insurance program for an additional cost of $20, this would protect you against problems/crashes but does not include intentional abuse or theft. This past weekend a guy trashed a rear wheel, legitimate enough was not going crazy, just unfortunate, had the damage waiver, saved himself roughly $300
    Awesome to hear, never would intentionally damage any bike. However you never know what could occur on the mountain. Ill gladly pay 20 to feel more comfortable. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Awesome to hear, never would intentionally damage any bike. However you never know what could occur on the mountain. Ill gladly pay 20 to feel more comfortable. Thanks
    yep, Id say pretty much everyone except first timers took the damage waiver, total price still around $25 less than other spots for much more bike (If I do say so myself )

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    ^ Id agree, prices for rentals are very good and considering I started off on a Trek a few years ago(santa cruz now), im stoked about it. So see you guys Saturday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Also Bryce, what are you guys weather restrictions? I see that there is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday. We are driving from 4.5hrs away, just want to see what your policy is.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Should be fine. We shut down the lift if lightning, but open immediately after. The trails drain very well so no worries!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I appreciate it, were looking forward to riding up there tomorrow. Actually leaving tonight so we can get a good nights sleep before riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    GF, hope you had a good time!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yep, meant to come in here and post. Went Saturday, I believe Steve? was the guy who helped me. Outstanding customer service, and knowledgeable techs/staff. I as well as my buddy really enjoyed the trails. I rode all of them, and blew thru is hands down my favorite, I even complimented the builders at lunch lol.....such a smooth flowing jump line. Incredible time. I do believe I will be coming back on the weekend of the 13th with another buddy. Oh and btw ,the last double on Copperhead is deceiving, looks pretty small from the lift, but oh boy it's not when your cranking to TRY and get speed for it after the creek jump. I cased HARD lol....next time. Thanks Bryce.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    nice! Techs on Sat were Derek, Tim, or Sam but everyone is pretty cool. Was nice to have Shawn and Dave from Gravity Logic in for the weekend. Some flagging and new alignments then a nice Sunday of just riding and enjoying ourselves!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Awesome stuff, well ill be calling next week to make reservations for that saturday. Im looking forward to coming back out, worth the 4hr drive all day long. Any clues as to when if any new features or trails will be going in?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Whale Tail and Step Up will be here late July (more advanced) and positioned where the ribbon is at the bottom (exit of Copperhead), they will be working on the features on Carbomb throughout.

mtbr member
    Gotta group of 5 coming to ride this Saturday out of VB (one guy meeting up with us from DC). We are beyond stoked and looking forward to our first lift operated experience. BOOM!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Great to hear! This Saturday should be a blast as it's also our annual Brycefest, lots of outdoor vendors (gift kind of stuff), food, music at night and an amazing fireworks show once it gets dark

Love4Mtns
    May 2009
    For those of you who've ridden at Bryce. Would you recommend renting a full-face helmet for experienced riders or would my skate-style lid suffice?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've ridden there a total of 3 times now, didnt get a chance to ride today after work as much as i wouldve wanted to, but ive gone ahead and pulled some money aside to buy an actual full face helmet. if your going to be doing this style of riding more often, it just makes sense as you get more comfortable with it all. the faster you go, the harder you can fall, and the more messed up you can get...its kinda a no brainer now that i think about it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Also, if you are renting bike it comes with body protection and full face helmet, if not you can try out a helmet for $15/day. We are selling Kali full face helmets here if needed (small selection of Savara at $90 and Durgana @ $150), or of course purchase through your favorite LBS!

mtbr member

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park

How do you all think a Santa Cruz Heckler with 150mm of travel front and rear would handle out there for a solid intermediate-advanced rider?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    im takin my rigid 29er there tomorrow, ride what ya got. plan on hitting sundowner and probably screwdriver, should be good fun, the trails are too good.

Love4Mtns
    May 2009
    @Pantsless
    Sounds like the perfect bike for this park.

My wife and I were out there celebrating Independence Day on 120mm and 130mm bikes. We saw hardtails riding down the blues. Depending on your comfort and ability, you should have no trouble on the blacks with that bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    This is the first I've heard about this.....AWESOMENESS! Anyone want to get together for a group trip from the Baltimore Area? I'm not really a DH guy but always wanted to try it out so I'll be staying on the easier trails.

mtbr member
    Me and the boys returned Saturday night from a fun filled day of adventure. We had a blast, including my 58 year old Dad who hadnt been on a bike for 15 years. We had newbies all the way through a nationally sponsored ex moto kid with us in our crew of 6. We were all able to have a blast.

Most of us rode our own FS bikes (Stumpy 29's, Fuel EX, Hifi) and were just fine. We had two renters. I will say that the rental process is dialed and I was really impressed with the crew and the quality of the facility. The lift system is dialed as well. All staff we ran into were stand up folks. I was hoping that the thank you's were helping the lift staff along as they yanked our bikes off the lift in 90 degree heat all day. I also appreciated the mechanic setting my dad's bike up being super responsive to my annoying requests to tweak a few items.

The mountain isnt huge, but rode larger than it looked. The Sundowner and Brew Threw were the crowd favorites. The other blue's were fun as well, but a bit to rowdy for our flatlander liking. We are all from Virginia Beach. LOL.

We'll be back...with more people. Well worth the day trip. Unfortunately one of our crew got hurt at the end of the day pretty badly on the big double. His fault...dont want to get into that. I will say that the medical crew was awesome in helping us out....so mad props to those guys on staff Saturday.

Suggestions if you are listening Bryce from our conversations? Couple of things. There needs to be a porta potty at the top. LOL. Water everywhere was awesome. Also, just from our perspective, the two jumps (creek gap and final double) at the bottom of Copperhead need a little dirt/lip on the faces. None of us, but one were ready to hit them based on that overall feedback. Anything in the "Blue" range that you can add as far as features (especially wood) would be awesome.

Overall...killer job guys. Keep it up!!! We'll be back to shred shortly. Wrote the review hoping it encourages others to give it a shot. Just about anyone can progressively ride this mountain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    There needs to be a porta potty at the top. LOL.
    lol I don't know how many times I've gotten on the lift only to remember that I have to pee halfway up the mountain.

mtbr member
    Man riding down that jittery crap needing to take a leak is the worst. HA! You drink at the bottom after a ride, or on the way up and then all of a sudden it hits you on that 13 minute lift ride. I think all of us found a way to relieve ourselves at various points, but whatever. There were a lot of people riding the lift and what not during Brycefest Saturday and we were trying to keep the scene clean.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just called a bit ago and reserved a few bikes for some buddies and myself. I know my Santa Cruz would be fine there, but those Sessions are so much fun lol. See you guys again on Saturday.

two wheel whore
    Reserved a couple of rentals, we'll see you guys out there on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Copperhead Video - Pinkbike

Here's another link to a bit of "video stoke", as they say... a run down Copperhead!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Nice run, I had issues on that trail was quite a bit looser than I was ready for. And I didn't carry my speed after the creek jump and cased pretty bad on that double. Ill hit it better on Saturday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback. Trail crew was working on the gap this week I think. After our last site visit with GL we're also working on some realignment of screwdriver which will essentially have it be it's own run from top to bottom (less merging with Sundowner). Some of the blue-ish features will be done next season, and of course we will be continuing to build a few this year for Carbomb. Stay tuned over the next couple of weeks for install of the "show" features of a whale tail and Step Up/Down.

As for the porta a potty, well, not sure that that is in our future for now, but heck it only takes 3 minutes to get down if you're motivated !

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Ask and you shall receive. New intermediate feature just finished on Snakebite. Not bad for 4 hrs of work and wood leftover from other features. As with our other Blue trails there is a ride around.

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-new-feature.jpg

mtbr member
    Perfect. A skinny was needed somewhere, that looks like a blast!

When's the pump track going in at the bottom? I kid I kid. You guys are crushing it. Thanks for the update.

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new feature.jpg 
Views:	4252 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	814779
    NICE! more of that please!!

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

This thread is useless without pics....here are a few from Saturday's first ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-img_5306s.jpg  

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-img_5401s.jpg  

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-img_5478s.jpg  

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-img_5666s.jpg  

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-img_5388.jpg  

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-img_5396.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Wow great pics! If you want you should go to gravity logic's Facebook page, They are looking for submissions for their profile pics From people who have ridden gravity logic desiged trails!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4