Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park

Bryce Resort to Open Mountain Bike Park | Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition

I think we all can agree; this is wonderful news!
    2012 Turner DHR
    2013 Turner Burner

mtbr member
    Yes yes yes yes yes. DH just 2 hours away = my life made. It's being built by the same trail builders who built Whistler. Even tho it's a small mountain, there's no possible way it will suck.

mtbr member
    I am pumped.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am too... but then again, biased.

Jul 2009
    This is awesome! only 45 minutes from harrisonburg! Will any trails open this summer?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Yep, we hope to have the first 3 open by mid June.

mtbr member
    very cool!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Yep, we hope to have the first 3 open by mid June.
    Is it known if the bike park will be open and lifts running during the weekdays?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi JT,

yes the direction right now will be 7 days/wk from June opening until Labor day wkend, then going to weekends from Sept until end of Oct. We have not established rates yet as they will depend on number of trails, completion, etc but they will be below $30 for a lift ticket and we'll have a variety of passes as well. We think that on most days hours will be around 12-6 or so with 12-8 on Friday/Sat but again these are moving targets!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Hi JT,

yes the direction right now will be 7 days/wk from June opening until Labor day wkend, then going to weekends from Sept until end of Oct. We have not established rates yet as they will depend on number of trails, completion, etc but they will be below $30 for a lift ticket and we'll have a variety of passes as well. We think that on most days hours will be around 12-6 or so with 12-8 on Friday/Sat but again these are moving targets!

I foresee a few ahem, ahem, "sick" days in my future!
    2012 Turner DHR
    2013 Turner Burner

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ha View Post
    ha! Why the heck do you think we choose these industries! Whistler Canada, in the early 90's the 30cm (1ft) rule was an actual valid excuse to close the doors. If it snowed a foot overnight we would spend the day on the slopes instead of working. Not the most guest oriented program but back then it worked...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ha View Post
    Exactly the reason why I asked the question. can't wait!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi again,

I've received quite a few PM's thanks for that! Unfortunately I can't answer them yet as I have not hit the 10 post minimum but I will once I do. In the meantime to answer a few questions...

Yes I'm with Bryce Mtn
    We're really anxious to get cracking, in fact we're waiting on the first demo of the bike rack for the chairlift being custom built for us.
    Design by Gravity Logic out of Whistler, many of the features in the woods will be left up throughout the year but the features which will be on the ski slopes will have steel bases bolted into concrete foundations for easy removal to allow for snowmaking in the winter. These features will be designed by us/GL but built through a professional company. We may be looking for trail crew to help with build but do not know yet. We expect to be able to have most work done with a combination of our crew, GL project mgr and a couple of people who have helped build trails locally and in Northern VA. That being said, if you would like to, please PM me your contact info and I can reach out to you once we have more direction.

thanks!

Old N Slow
    How far is Bryce Mt from York,PA?

mtbr member
    Super excited to see more Downhill options.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Is this project all DH stuff ? Curious if there will be any XC type trails connecting to GWNF. I live 20 minutes from Bryce.lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Bird,

currently it will be all gravity. we don't own the land adjacent to the hill but as you know there is a ton of great XC riding around here. We will be working on trail maps eventually though so that people will know where else there is to ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    four hours from me, but no doubt ill go there as much as possible.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi all,

Just an update, with all the recent snow we had stayed open for skiing and have not yet started to cut. That will now start within the next couple of weeks. I'm still pushing for a mid-end of June open date with the first 3-4 trails and learning area.

Demo bikes are being shipped. They will be Trek Session 8's and Slash 8's all sizes available. We haven't yet gotten our body armor or helmet programs. Waiting on a demo of the bike carrier we plan to use, still in engineering, however we have decided on the style which will be a roll on tray that will hold 3 bikes. No metal touching your rims, scratching, lifting, etc. Simply walk behind the lift, roll your bike on and get on the chair behind. Our staff will remove the bikes at the top.

Hours, we will be pushing for 7 days per week once we open. Mon-Fri 12-8pm, Sat 10-8pm, Sun 10-6pm please know that these could change once we get going.

Hopefully more news over the next few weeks along with pics of construction. We will also update our FB page pretty regularly once we get going.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    This is fantastic. I am looking forward to this summer..

mtbr member
    Awesome! I'm happy to hear that the winter season has been an active one... and that you're carrying the energy into the spring/ summer. I am really looking forward to this summer too!
    2012 Turner DHR
    2013 Turner Burner

mtbr member
    Less winter, more spring. Please and thank you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Weekend update

Hi folks,

Just wanted to give a quick update in case you don't follow us on FB (we put quite a few updates there this week). Design has gone very well and we have a week of construction under our collective belts. We have Brad and Tom from 402 Trails/Gravity Logic project managing the crews which include our staff. Gotten a ton done. We've received the first of the rental bikes and I've included a pic of the bike carrier we had built for the lift in Oregon. This is a test unit for us to work the kinks out with but is the design we will be using.

Pricing is coming along as well. Tip, we will be giving discounts on day tickets to people who belong to organizations such as MORE, IMBA, SVBC, etc.Bryce Resort- New Mountain Bike Park-photo-1.jpg

mtbr member
    What is your Facebook page? There is more than one Bruce Mountain page

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    ah,

well there's only one "official" one and here it is!

https://www.facebook.com/BryceResort

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast