Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryce 2014

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Bryce 2014

Hey Bryce, I know you guys are still in the mix of a record snowfall season, but can you give us any idea on a possible opening date? I need to do some planning for the 757 crew! This winter madness is killing me.
    2014 Devinci Troy Carbon XP

I just let one RIP
    According to their brochure, June 22
    A ride a day keeps the therapist away.

mtbr member
    2012 Turner DHR
    2013 Turner Burner

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well there you go, J-Ha got it out!

Our hope is for May 3rd but depending on snow of course that might get pushed a week. We'll get cracking on new builds mid April.

We received the first 40 rental bikes last week and built up a Slash for fun, beautiful new version of a pretty darned good bike already. The new one's are 650b wheels and Shimano XT equipped vs. last year's SRAM 7 mix. Session's are the same as last year's version (but new of course). We'll start to build out the fleet and new retail gear in April.

Carrying some new stuff this year including a decent mix of Troy Lee, wider selection of helmets at all price points. We've signed on as a Leatt dealer but it seems like they've discontinued the braces that we felt were in our ball park ($199 retail), so all of the models are now $299 and up. What do you think, some of you up for that? I can order a few. Just got an amazing deal on 8 Kali Avatar 2 carbon helmets as well, $250-$275 range vs. last year's $350

mtbr member
    Hey Bryce - for those of us who are new to park riding . . . are there guides around to do a half day or a few hours of instruction prior to riding the park?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cecald View Post
    Hey Bryce - for those of us who are new to park riding . . . are there guides around to do a half day or a few hours of instruction prior to riding the park?
    Absolutely, we have a package called "find your bearings" goes at 11, 1, and 3pm. Comes with two hours of instruction for park riding, an all day lift ticket, an all day bike rental (Session or Slash but I like the Session), full face helmet and body protection for $135 so to give you an example and all day lift ticket and rental on a weekend is $125 so you're essentially paying $10 for two hours with a certified guide/instructor.

New this year as well for experienced riders (coming late June), will be a "Go huck yourself" clinic to teach people how to handle air and man made features. This will be taught by a select few of soon to be certified level 2 instructors (J-Ha, hoping you'll be in )

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Good deal guys. I'm looking forward to another great season out there. Hopefully as things get rolling you can keep us juiced up in this thread with some photos and what not. Of course I will be eyeing FB as well like a little kid. ha!

I just let one RIP
    May 3rd? That's cool! Why do the brochures I saw while skiing there a few weeks ago say June 22? Can't wait to try it out!
    A ride a day keeps the therapist away.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Looks like the prices increased from 2013. Will Bryce continue to offer discounts on lift tickets for some internet purchases?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwiffle View Post
    May 3rd? That's cool! Why do the brochures I saw while skiing there a few weeks ago say June 22? Can't wait to try it out!
    You're probably seeing the brochures from last year, that's when we opened. New ones are not out yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsb View Post
    Looks like the prices increased from 2013. Will Bryce continue to offer discounts on lift tickets for some internet purchases?
    yep they went up a bit (more trails and more features). However insurance on bike rental has gone down, and the new instruction package is cheaper than last year. We're also doing 4 hr and 8 hr tickets vs. last year's full day or after 4pm to make things easier.

There are still a few discounts available. If you're a part of an association such as IMBA, MORE, SVBC, etc. then prices are reduced by 10%. I don't really plan on doing much discounting online except for perhaps weekday tickets.

Couple of other options and one HUGE one... If you work for a bike shop, bring a letter from the owner/mgr or pay stub, we give shop staff a larger discount.

We're launching a promo with Trek dealers starting in May. You can get a coupon for a 50% discount on lift ticket (good any day until the end of July), and all you need to do is buy any Trek or Bontrager product, so even a $7 inner tube would get you one of the coupons.

Our goal this year is to really drive the park experience amongst people who have never thought of going to a park before, we believe that we have a great spot that once people try will get them back again.

Hope this helps!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looking forward to it. When can you start giving us hints on the plans for the new trails?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for the Trek dealer discount, hopefully will include Spokes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Looking forward to it. When can you start giving us hints on the plans for the new trails?
    Hey TwoTone - I know you saw this in the old thread, but for many others who may have missed it I've copied it below so its documented in the new 2014 thread. Maybe Bryce can fill us in as the work details become clearer

" Dave from Gravity Logic will be up the first week of April (or so we hope), but for now plans include:

Changing Screwdriver to make it full top to bottom
    Re-alignment and more features for Car Bomb
    New Amateur Downhill track (skillset in between Car Bomb and Copper Head)
    Beginner Skills course at the bottom for instructors and newbies
    New jumping clinic
    Some new features all around! "

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looking forward to breaking my new Lenz there.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for the Trek dealer discount, hopefully will include Spokes.
    Only if the spokes are made by Bontrager! Basically you would get a coupon with any purchase of a Trek or Bontrager item, i.e. bike, inner tube, arm warmers, whatever so long as it has one of those names on it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I meant the LBS chain Spokes, etc. they carry Trek and Specialized

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey, just out of curiosity, if we bring our own bike but something busts, do you guys have an onsite bike shop that might be able to help our, or would be we S.O.L?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayman121 View Post
    Hey, just out of curiosity, if we bring our own bike but something busts, do you guys have an onsite bike shop that might be able to help our, or would be we S.O.L?
    They have some great mechanics on site...not to mention plenty of friendly folks in the parking lot who are always willing to help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kayman121 View Post
    Yup we have a full service repair shop, tubes, brakes, etc. We can generally get you back up and running same day unless we need order parts (we keep a small inventory of derailleurs, etc but not a ton). It's pretty laid back but we have great mechanics and shop staff!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I meant the LBS chain Spokes, etc. they carry Trek and Specialized
    Whoops, right I should have caught that. I've met with most of the managers at the various locations and they've been really cool about putting out our stuff. Their Trek Reps will be handing out the coupons for us but myself and Doug will continue to make the rounds of all the shops in the region shaking hands, etc as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorlando25 View Post
    They have some great mechanics on site...not to mention plenty of friendly folks in the parking lot who are always willing to help.
    Thanks JT! I agree although biased...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    New this year as well for experienced riders (coming late June), will be a "Go huck yourself" clinic to teach people how to handle air and man made features. This will be taught by a select few of soon to be certified level 2 instructors (J-Ha, hoping you'll be in )
    Definitely count me in!
    2012 Turner DHR
    2013 Turner Burner

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i'll 3rd that. terrific shop, great people at the shop/rental area. full service and knowledgable. cant miss experience.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    thanks guys!

FYI for anyone with young ones, just bought 8 Kona Stinky Jr 24's, full suspension, hydraulic discs, 13 inch frame with 24 inch wheels. Also got a few of the Kona Entourage's to try out.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast