Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bryce 2014

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    that's the one. Conrad the carpenter from Gravity Logic will be up on Thursday getting a few items tidied up for the weekend, couple new pieces to make things even lovelier!

another bozo on the bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    AGAIN, with the no advanced notice. Do you guys really only plan these things a couple days out?
    yeah, this is a bummer. I would like to take the course, and every time there has been one in the area, less than two weeks notice is given. Its a shame the industry sees the area as an afterthought. Perhaps if more notice was given, more folks would sign up and the region would be on their radar.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by washedup View Post
    yeah, this is a bummer. I would like to take the course, and every time there has been one in the area, less than two weeks notice is given. Its a shame the industry sees the area as an afterthought. Perhaps if more notice was given, more folks would sign up and the region would be on their radar.
    yeah hopefully. I think that most of us recognize the need for great instruction and instructors (I think we have a great group but I'm biased of course). It's an integral part of growing the sport. The challenge is pretty simple, the best course is given by a very small company based out of Whistler. Their primary clients are the big kids, Whistler and the others in Colorado. Those of us in WV, VA, and a couple of other places try to tag into a circuit based on availability.

I'm hopeful that next year we'll be able to plan ahead, and maybe work something out with our partners like Snowshoe or Timberline for a central area where we can do the training.

mtbr member
    My first time at Bryce this Sunday, and I will definitely be coming back. Awesome people and sweet trails!

mtbr member
    I saw something somewhere saying that the lift is closed this Saturday from 3:30-4:30...true?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforlunch View Post
    My first time at Bryce this Sunday, and I will definitely be coming back. Awesome people and sweet trails!
    Great to hear thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by jtorlando25 View Post
    I saw something somewhere saying that the lift is closed this Saturday from 3:30-4:30...true?
    Yep, that's right. We have a wedding going up at that time, won't take too long (mountain top ceremony), so good time to have a beer or bite to eat! Those with 4 hour tickets will have an hour added on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Yep, that's right. We have a wedding going up at that time, won't take too long (mountain top ceremony), so good time to have a beer or bite to eat! Those with 4 hour tickets will have an hour added on.
    They don't want mountain bikers photo bombing their ceremony??

Thanks for the verification!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Guess not! I tried to convince them to zipline down after the ceremony but they haven't taken me up on it. Strange, when I lived in Whistler almost all of the people who I knew that had Mtn Top ceremonies would ski/board down in their outfits. I'd bet there have been a few bike park ceremonies as well

mtbr member
    Guess not! I tried to convince them to zipline down after the ceremony but they haven't taken me up on it. Strange, when I lived in Whistler almost all of the people who I knew that had Mtn Top ceremonies would ski/board down in their outfits. I'd bet there have been a few bike park ceremonies as well
    lol! Dude. I love that idea!

mtbr member
    There were two guys taking pictures of riders on the hill today on upper Brew Thru and the end section of Car Bomb, any idea who those guys are and if the pics are gonna be posted anywhere?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Here is what one guy took, trying to find out the other

Photofortytwo Photography | Mountain Biking in Bryce Park

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hey Bryce - I'm hoping to come down next weekend with my buddies (either the 26th or 27th). Would it be cool if I brought my video drone to shoot some footage on the features at the bottom?

Is there someone I should clear it with on your staff?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    yup no problem. I'll let patrol know as well as staff. Just make sure that there are no hazards near the trail, buzzing people, potential to crash on trail, etc.

Look forward to seeing the footage (and maybe using it too )!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    yup no problem. I'll let patrol know as well as staff. Just make sure that there are no hazards near the trail, buzzing people, potential to crash on trail, etc.

You guys could look at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on-sports-dron and work something out. Good advertising for them and you could have a rental or two.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Maybe we can work out a lift ticket deal for the footy?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Watch out for the zip lines and chair lifts that run overhead in very near proximity to the features at the base!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    Watch out for the zip lines and chair lifts that run overhead in very near proximity to the features at the base!
    Yeah this too!

mtbr member

Bryce 2014

I'm going to bring my DSLR and shoot some photos/video (when I'm not riding) if that's cool. Not my first time shooting MTB, so I know well enough to stay out of the way!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Sounds good. We're always happy to have respectful folks with just the right blend of common sense taking pics. So long as you let us know where people can find them.

mtbr member

Bryce 2014

Yeah, only took a few shots yesterday before the rain got too hard to keep shooting. I'll be back and aim to make a day of it, though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Pants, were you out there on Sunday as well? There was a guy snapping photos down near the features before lunch. If so, looking forward to seeing if you inadvertently got me!

mtbr member
    No, that wasn't me. I was only up there on Saturday, and was posted up by the drop on Car Bomb. I was only there for about 20 minutes before the rain got to be too much, but I had plans to go down and shoot at some of the newer features at the bottom.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'd like to say a big thank you to the Bryce Bike Park team. I had a stupid fall on Sunday that required stitches and they were awesome getting me off the hill and the wound cleaned up.

I'll be back as soon as I can bend my knee again!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey there,

So sorry to hear about your injury! I hope at least it happened towards the end of your day? Thanks for the compliments, we're very proud and lucky to have such a great crew of first responders and crew.

Heal quickly!

mtbr member
    I should have posted earlier, but it has been a crazy few days...

Huge shout out to Bryce Resort for hosting the Ladies Clinic with Sue Haywood a couple of weeks ago. It was an awesome time and I was able to really hone some skills!

Thanks again!
    You have to earn your downs...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast