Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 179 of 179

Thread: Bryce 2014

  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    that's the one. Conrad the carpenter from Gravity Logic will be up on Thursday getting a few items tidied up for the weekend, couple new pieces to make things even lovelier!

  2. #102
    another bozo on the bus
    Reputation: washedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    AGAIN, with the no advanced notice. Do you guys really only plan these things a couple days out?
    yeah, this is a bummer. I would like to take the course, and every time there has been one in the area, less than two weeks notice is given. Its a shame the industry sees the area as an afterthought. Perhaps if more notice was given, more folks would sign up and the region would be on their radar.

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by washedup View Post
    yeah, this is a bummer. I would like to take the course, and every time there has been one in the area, less than two weeks notice is given. Its a shame the industry sees the area as an afterthought. Perhaps if more notice was given, more folks would sign up and the region would be on their radar.
    yeah hopefully. I think that most of us recognize the need for great instruction and instructors (I think we have a great group but I'm biased of course). It's an integral part of growing the sport. The challenge is pretty simple, the best course is given by a very small company based out of Whistler. Their primary clients are the big kids, Whistler and the others in Colorado. Those of us in WV, VA, and a couple of other places try to tag into a circuit based on availability.

    I'm hopeful that next year we'll be able to plan ahead, and maybe work something out with our partners like Snowshoe or Timberline for a central area where we can do the training.

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mudforlunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    557
    My first time at Bryce this Sunday, and I will definitely be coming back. Awesome people and sweet trails!

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jtorlando25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201
    I saw something somewhere saying that the lift is closed this Saturday from 3:30-4:30...true?

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforlunch View Post
    My first time at Bryce this Sunday, and I will definitely be coming back. Awesome people and sweet trails!
    Great to hear thanks so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by jtorlando25 View Post
    I saw something somewhere saying that the lift is closed this Saturday from 3:30-4:30...true?
    Yep, that's right. We have a wedding going up at that time, won't take too long (mountain top ceremony), so good time to have a beer or bite to eat! Those with 4 hour tickets will have an hour added on.

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jtorlando25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Yep, that's right. We have a wedding going up at that time, won't take too long (mountain top ceremony), so good time to have a beer or bite to eat! Those with 4 hour tickets will have an hour added on.
    They don't want mountain bikers photo bombing their ceremony??

    Thanks for the verification!

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Guess not! I tried to convince them to zipline down after the ceremony but they haven't taken me up on it. Strange, when I lived in Whistler almost all of the people who I knew that had Mtn Top ceremonies would ski/board down in their outfits. I'd bet there have been a few bike park ceremonies as well

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jtorlando25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Guess not! I tried to convince them to zipline down after the ceremony but they haven't taken me up on it. Strange, when I lived in Whistler almost all of the people who I knew that had Mtn Top ceremonies would ski/board down in their outfits. I'd bet there have been a few bike park ceremonies as well
    lol! Dude. I love that idea!

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mudforlunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    557
    There were two guys taking pictures of riders on the hill today on upper Brew Thru and the end section of Car Bomb, any idea who those guys are and if the pics are gonna be posted anywhere?

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Here is what one guy took, trying to find out the other

    Photofortytwo Photography | Mountain Biking in Bryce Park

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7
    Hey Bryce - I'm hoping to come down next weekend with my buddies (either the 26th or 27th). Would it be cool if I brought my video drone to shoot some footage on the features at the bottom?

    Is there someone I should clear it with on your staff?

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    yup no problem. I'll let patrol know as well as staff. Just make sure that there are no hazards near the trail, buzzing people, potential to crash on trail, etc.

    Look forward to seeing the footage (and maybe using it too )!

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,646
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    yup no problem. I'll let patrol know as well as staff. Just make sure that there are no hazards near the trail, buzzing people, potential to crash on trail, etc.

    Look forward to seeing the footage (and maybe using it too )!
    You guys could look at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on-sports-dron and work something out. Good advertising for them and you could have a rental or two.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Look forward to seeing the footage (and maybe using it too )!
    Maybe we can work out a lift ticket deal for the footy?

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    140
    Watch out for the zip lines and chair lifts that run overhead in very near proximity to the features at the base!

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    Watch out for the zip lines and chair lifts that run overhead in very near proximity to the features at the base!
    Yeah this too!

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PantslessWithWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    76

    Bryce 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    yup no problem. I'll let patrol know as well as staff. Just make sure that there are no hazards near the trail, buzzing people, potential to crash on trail, etc.

    Look forward to seeing the footage (and maybe using it too )!
    I'm going to bring my DSLR and shoot some photos/video (when I'm not riding) if that's cool. Not my first time shooting MTB, so I know well enough to stay out of the way!

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Sounds good. We're always happy to have respectful folks with just the right blend of common sense taking pics. So long as you let us know where people can find them.

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PantslessWithWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    76

    Bryce 2014

    Yeah, only took a few shots yesterday before the rain got too hard to keep shooting. I'll be back and aim to make a day of it, though.

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Pants, were you out there on Sunday as well? There was a guy snapping photos down near the features before lunch. If so, looking forward to seeing if you inadvertently got me!

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PantslessWithWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    76
    No, that wasn't me. I was only up there on Saturday, and was posted up by the drop on Car Bomb. I was only there for about 20 minutes before the rain got to be too much, but I had plans to go down and shoot at some of the newer features at the bottom.

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7
    I'd like to say a big thank you to the Bryce Bike Park team. I had a stupid fall on Sunday that required stitches and they were awesome getting me off the hill and the wound cleaned up.

    I'll be back as soon as I can bend my knee again!

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Hey there,

    So sorry to hear about your injury! I hope at least it happened towards the end of your day? Thanks for the compliments, we're very proud and lucky to have such a great crew of first responders and crew.

    Heal quickly!

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sunyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    83
    I should have posted earlier, but it has been a crazy few days...

    Huge shout out to Bryce Resort for hosting the Ladies Clinic with Sue Haywood a couple of weeks ago. It was an awesome time and I was able to really hone some skills!

    Thanks again!
    You have to earn your downs...

  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Awesome thanks so much for the feedback! We had a great time as well. Something to be said for keeping with small groups.

    Not sure if you're aware or not but here is another women's event that Sue (and others will be back for)!

    Queen of the Mountain | A Womens MTB Event

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    Hey Bryce. I went online looking for ticket prices in September, and there was nothing available. I know you guys have the all mountain festival in late September. Are you guys closed that month? I really hope not. I was looking forward to checking Bryce out. Never been to a bike park before. Thanks in advance

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sunyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    83
    The info is on their web page:
    Bike Park Hours & Rates - Bryce Resort

    Maybe you missed it because it is under "Spring and Fall Hours".

    If you are looking for ticket prices, they are on the page as well.
    You have to earn your downs...

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    Frightening that I missed that. Thanks

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Sorry for the delay in my reply. Yp we're open on weekends throughout Sept and Oct. When the online sales portal isn't loaded with inventory then it says that we're sold out even though we don't cap quantities so it can get confusing.

    No worries though we will be open and ready for the masses!

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    507
    So psyched! Can't wait to go!

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PantslessWithWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    76

    Bryce 2014

    Thanks to the aid station staff for patching me up after I went down on Brew Thru yesterday! It was my first and hopefully only trip there, but the helpful and friendly staff took the pain out of the antiseptic spray on my back. Although I'm stiff as all hell today, I left with a big smile on my face as always. Got some decent pictures, too:










  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17
    Had an absolutely fantastic time on Saturday-- cool weather, great trails, and a new bike. Can't wait to get back out!

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mQ652wKq-Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chuch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    462
    Decent crew from EVMA headed up Saturday! Watch out for yard sales folks! LOL
    2017 Stumpy 29 FSR Carbon/2016 YT Capra Al

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by PantslessWithWolves View Post
    Thanks to the aid station staff for patching me up after I went down on Brew Thru yesterday! It was my first and hopefully only trip there, but the helpful and friendly staff took the pain out of the antiseptic spray on my back. Although I'm stiff as all hell today, I left with a big smile on my face as always. Got some decent pictures, too:
    Great Pics! I'm curious though….why is it your "hopefully only" trip to Bryce?

    FYI, I'm a Bike Patroller there. I wasn't there the day you were injured, but I'm curious if you have some input…we're always looking for ways to improve our service.

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jtorlando25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    Great Pics! I'm curious though….why is it your "hopefully only" trip to Bryce?
    I think he means, first and only trip to the aid station.

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorlando25 View Post
    I think he means, first and only trip to the aid station.
    Ahhh yes…I'll chalk this up to poor reading comprehension at 6:30am.

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Great pics pantsless! Happy that you're recovering well with a perma-grin!

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PantslessWithWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    76

    Bryce 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    Great Pics! I'm curious though….why is it your "hopefully only" trip to Bryce?

    FYI, I'm a Bike Patroller there. I wasn't there the day you were injured, but I'm curious if you have some input…we're always looking for ways to improve our service.
    That was clumsy writing on my part- meant first and only trip to the aid station. I've been to Bryce three times this season (four last year) and plan on making several more visits before the season ends. Y'all are great, never heard anything but good stuff from people who have gotten tweaked and needed some help.

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    319
    Aw Man! I was hoping to go on 9/15 but it looks like they are under fall hours. Bryce stay open for one more week during the week please! I was hoping to meet my brother there for a day of riding. Oh well. Anyone know of any good singletrack rides near Bryce? say in the 15-20 mile range?


    Quote Originally Posted by PantslessWithWolves View Post
    That was clumsy writing on my part- meant first and only trip to the aid station. I've been to Bryce three times this season (four last year) and plan on making several more visits before the season ends. Y'all are great, never heard anything but good stuff from people who have gotten tweaked and needed some help.
    Last edited by beachbum1; 08-27-2014 at 01:28 PM.

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum1 View Post
    Aw Man! I was hoping to go on 9/15 but it looks like they are under fall hours. Bryce stay open for one more week during the week please! I was hoping to meet my brother there for a day of riding. Oh well. Anyone know of any good singletrack rides near Bryce? say in the 15-20 mile range?
    It's not 15-20 miles, but the Tillman West/Narrowback trails down near Bridgewater are pretty top notch.

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    There are quite a few great rides right from here. Good 14 mile loop within 5 minutes of the resort as well. When you come up ask for Ryan and he can fill you in!

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chuch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    462
    Again, another great 2 day trip up to Bryce. New milestones, great riding and some tacky conditions.

    Bryce,
    The promoter of the races in September has the trails outlined very clearly for DH and Enduro, but no one can seem to translate details of what the climbs look like for the enduro on Sunday. Clearly 5 runs from the top of the mountain. Someone told me two climbs up sundowner and 3 lift rides. Any clarification??

    Thanks!
    2017 Stumpy 29 FSR Carbon/2016 YT Capra Al

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Again, another great 2 day trip up to Bryce. New milestones, great riding and some tacky conditions.

    Bryce,
    The promoter of the races in September has the trails outlined very clearly for DH and Enduro, but no one can seem to translate details of what the climbs look like for the enduro on Sunday. Clearly 5 runs from the top of the mountain. Someone told me two climbs up sundowner and 3 lift rides. Any clarification??

    Thanks!
    Stand by I'll find out. Happy you had another great time!

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    So no real climbs, there is one area where you climb up Sundowner briefly before accessing Carbomb (or so it seems)

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5
    Had a great time this past weekend, although it ended shorter then I wanted on Monday. I will be recovering the rest of this week from my spill wound up with some bruised ribs but I will be back next season for sure with a new bike. Thanks for having a fast response team and everyone being so friendly.

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Ouch, but happy you're ok!

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    319
    BryceMtn,

    Thanks for the reply. We would like to do some riding in and around Bryce this coming monday. I know the park isn't open, but is there anyone I could talk to/email to get info on local trails before monday? Thanks.

    Greg

    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    There are quite a few great rides right from here. Good 14 mile loop within 5 minutes of the resort as well. When you come up ask for Ryan and he can fill you in!

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    whoops sorry for my lateness! Most of the regulars are not in today but call me on my cell 540-333-1007 and I'll steer you as best I can to a couple of loops.

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Hi folks,

    Just a heads up, couple of good events happening this month. I've put links into this post for you.

    Friday October 10th will be our annual Trek Demo Day, spaces are limited, lift tickets are free. Try out the newest and best for 2015 both MTB and Road Bikes (we will have some loops mapped). Remember though to bring your own bike as well since the demo allows only a couple of laps on each bike style so that everyone gets a chance.

    Bryce Resort Events Schedule - Bryce Resort

    Also, our closing weekend Bike Bonanza Saturday October 25th, always a great party. Music, deals, give away's, raffles for a couple of season's passes.

    Bryce Resort Events Schedule - Bryce Resort

    See you soon!

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jtorlando25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    201
    Was there ever a race? How'd that go?

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chuch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    462
    The race went down but from what I could tell from facebook the turnout was low (20-25 riders), but fun was had.
    2017 Stumpy 29 FSR Carbon/2016 YT Capra Al

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Hi folks,

    Just a heads up, couple of good events happening this month. I've put links into this post for you.

    Friday October 10th will be our annual Trek Demo Day, spaces are limited, lift tickets are free. Try out the newest and best for 2015 both MTB and Road Bikes (we will have some loops mapped). Remember though to bring your own bike as well since the demo allows only a couple of laps on each bike style so that everyone gets a chance.

    Bryce Resort Events Schedule - Bryce Resort

    Also, our closing weekend Bike Bonanza Saturday October 25th, always a great party. Music, deals, give away's, raffles for a couple of season's passes.

    Bryce Resort Events Schedule - Bryce Resort

    See you soon!
    Just signed up for Trek demo day, do you know what bikes are going to be available?

    Thanks!

  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplatpc View Post
    Just signed up for Trek demo day, do you know what bikes are going to be available?

    Thanks!
    actually I just found the answer on your Facebook page :-)

    (in case anyone is curious)

    "Trek comes in with a truck mixed with MTB and Road bikes, we don't know the full scale. Last year though they had a really nice mix. Just remember to also bring your own bike since you only get a few runs on each style of demo so that everyone gets a chance."

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,961
    Anyone going to the demo day from Baltimore could fit one more? I'd like to go, but have no car this weekend.

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    So they had the dealer day yesterday, good mix of bikes including both new 27.5 Session and Park Session. Remedy's, Slash's the whole kit.

    Little drizzly today but nothing bad at all

  57. #157
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,386
    Looking at coming down your way this Sunday. Looks like rain in the forecast. Are you guys rain or shine? How do the trails hold up?
    Bikes

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    We're not showing much of a chance of rain tomorrow over here, but yep we are rain or shine, if there were to be any thunder/lightning then we stop the lift until it's over but nothing like that in the forecast.

    The trails drain incredibly well, especially with slow steady rain like we've had. The trails yesterday were great albeit a little muddy.

    Judging by the smiles on people's faces yesterday I'd say you will be in for a good time, heck it's not mountain biking without some filth!

  59. #159
    Unit 91
    Reputation: TheProphet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,386
    True that! Thanks!
    Bikes

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17
    An awesome and muddy day today at Bryce. Brew Thru was sticky and fast!! Probably my last day of the season, thanks for an awesome place to ride. See you all next year!!

    <img src="http://www.corsalogistics.net/400d/yeti/muddy-yeti.jpg">

  61. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Great to hear, but sorry that this will be your last weekend, with a few weekends left. Try not to miss Bike Bonanza, lots of give aways!

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Well only one weekend left so hope many of you will join us for Saturday's Bike Bonanza, outdoor grilling, give aways, fun times.

    Also MTB Parks is conducting their annual "Best Of" survey, hope we can count on many of you to enter and rate us up high! Link is below

    2014's Best Mountain Bike Parks Survey

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceMtn View Post
    Well only one weekend left so hope many of you will join us for Saturday's Bike Bonanza, outdoor grilling, give aways, fun times.

    Also MTB Parks is conducting their annual "Best Of" survey, hope we can count on many of you to enter and rate us up high! Link is below

    2014's Best Mountain Bike Parks Survey
    This weekend looks like absolute perfect weather, very excited for Saturday and Sunday! GOOOOOOOOO beer tent!

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7
    Got some decent pictures last weekend:









    Hoping to make it back out for the Bonanza this weekend!

  65. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    140
    Super bummed I can't make the Bonanza....post photos!

  66. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by peisenberg View Post
    Got some decent pictures last weekend:









    Hoping to make it back out for the Bonanza this weekend!
    Great shots!

    Thanks to all for another great season!

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PantslessWithWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    76

    Bryce 2014

    Hey, it's your mountain and your features, we're just the people who ride them!

    Bike Bonanza was a lot of fun. Great conditions, great weather and a very chill vibe all day. Good turnout, too- lift lines were longer than the three other times I've come up this season, but the staff did a great job managing the line and I didn't hear any complaints.

    You guys clearly care about the trails and the experiences of the people who ride them, and it's evident. Looking forward to May 2015 and hoping that it doesn't fall on Dirtfest weekend again!

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Thanks Pantsless!

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Chuch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    462
    Bryce, best of luck to you guys during the winter season out there. Will you promise to keep us in the loop this winter and into next spring with teasers of anything being done or built for the next season?
    2017 Stumpy 29 FSR Carbon/2016 YT Capra Al

  70. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    Bryce, best of luck to you guys during the winter season out there. Will you promise to keep us in the loop this winter and into next spring with teasers of anything being done or built for the next season?
    Absolutely!

  71. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,961
    While we're talking about next season, I have a humble request:

    Carbomb would be perfect if only there was a berm, or better yet wall ride, at the bottom to get you turned back to the lift. You know, instead of that orange net fence.

    please think about it. With all the speed you have from that last drop, whipping around a wall ride there... it would be dope.

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    We'll take a look to see if we can fit it in without affecting loading of chair 2 in the winter!

  73. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Happy holidays from us here at Bryce, new vid just posted by our friends at Synaptic!

    Fall Finale | Synaptic Visuals

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    140
    Nice vid!

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    17
    Awesome video, makes me wanna go ride!!

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OneSlowBusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    154
    Apologies if this is already mentioned... but this looks like more fun than going swimming with Kate Upton:

    https://www.bikereg.com/bryce-resort-winter-bike-jam

    "The course will begin at the top of Lift #1 at the top of the mountain. The first section will just be a straight stretch until you arrive at the first slalom gate. Racers will work their way through the gates until the first head wall (steep section). Racers will then begin working their way through more gates on the first head wall until they reach a banked left hand berm where they will begin a high speed decent until reaching a right hand berm. Racers will work their way through some rollers until reaching the finish line. The course will be entirely on snow."
    If you Google "Judy Butter" to reminisce on the good ole days, do NOT click on images...

  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    104
    can't wait for the park to open! The lessons sound sweet!

  78. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J-Ha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    The Winter Bike Jam this past weekend was so much fun!

    The team at Bryce is so awesome for opening up their eastern slope to gravity bikes during the winter session. I feel they truly demonstrated great versatility and teamwork during the event. The staff did a great job of getting riders and equipment up the mountain all while seemingly not interrupting the ski/ board traffic that were on the other slopes.

    Some of the riders were flailing around like fish-out-of-water, while others were clearly very comfortable with the snow and were just pinned. It was quite a sight... fatbikes, hardtails, squishy bikes, big squishy bikes, spikes, costumes, etc.

    Oh yeah, I got pictures too:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/oinkid...7648963010353/

    Again, this event was awesome!

  79. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Ha View Post
    The Winter Bike Jam this past weekend was so much fun!

    The team at Bryce is so awesome for opening up their eastern slope to gravity bikes during the winter session. I feel they truly demonstrated great versatility and teamwork during the event. The staff did a great job of getting riders and equipment up the mountain all while seemingly not interrupting the ski/ board traffic that were on the other slopes.

    Some of the riders were flailing around like fish-out-of-water, while others were clearly very comfortable with the snow and were just pinned. It was quite a sight... fatbikes, hardtails, squishy bikes, big squishy bikes, spikes, costumes, etc.

    Oh yeah, I got pictures too:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/oinkid...7648963010353/

    Again, this event was awesome!
    Thanks J, we had an amazing time as well. I can't believe I forgot to post prior (headslap)!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Bryce vs Snowshoe???
    By 2bfluid in forum Virginia, WV, Maryland, DC, Delaware
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2013, 06:20 AM
  2. Snowshoe or Bryce...or both?
    By MtnMan1 in forum Virginia, WV, Maryland, DC, Delaware
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 01:00 PM
  3. So tell me about Cedar city to Bryce...
    By Whason in forum Utah
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 06:30 AM
  4. MTB in Bryce in March?
    By tittiot in forum Utah
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
  5. Comeon Bryce! You can do it!
    By Silver_Slug in forum Arizona
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •