Thread: Brandywine

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Brandywine

I rode Brandywine for the first time in a few weeks and it is in pretty bad shape. A few BIG trees down, the ridge trail is a mess (but the side trail that has been created is actually staying pretty dry), somebody destroyed the ladder that was recently made, and tons of water bars even on the big bowl by the river trail. I know there was recently some trail work done there a few weeks ago. Are there any plans for further volunteer work to be done? I love Brandywine because of it's technical aspect, but it is tough to get over trees that are 4ft in diameter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I've notice a few large trees down after the last storm,but I think some of the other damage is being caused by people riding the trails when they shouldn't be out there. So far as the technical aspects of Brandywine , I love that too, but have noticed someone is taking some of that away as well. Not saying that it's the people doing the trail work, but the rock garden by the destroyed log bridge you mentioned has also been "worked on" to the point that it's not even a challenge anymore. I could go on about alot more things that have been removed, but I won't bother. I'd just hate to see it turned into another White Clay.
    Last edited by God of Everything; 09-04-2009 at 10:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Im right there with you. I would hate to see it smoothed out. I ride wc/mr all the time because it is near my house and it gets boring after a while. I love the rock gardens and all of the other technical features there. I think the weather this year has played a big part in washing out a lot of dirt and soil from some of the steeper trails. One thing, I guess we are fortunate to have these two different styles of singletrack in such a close proximity.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Save B-wine from the trail maintenance Nazi's!! I enjoy the overgrowth, down trees, and rock gardens.

mtbr member
    Are you talking about Brandywine MD?
    If so where are the trails located?

Rider and Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by lumber825
    Are you talking about Brandywine MD?
    If so where are the trails located?
    DE-
    I Just wish I could ride more!

Members who have read this thread: 0