I'm on a 3 person team (male).

Who else is racing?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Iridethedirt View Post
    I'm on a 3 person team (male).

Who else is racing?
    I'm in, on the 3 person GEEZER team Denkiyama. This will be my
    first time racing there, as I just started mtb racing late last summer.
    The 500 racer mass start should be a hoot!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Just got signed up last night, best race on the east coast! On a three man team, riding my el mariachi, if I don't pick up a mukluk before then. The start is awesome but don't underestimate your speed and drop to the back like I did last year, it is easier to get passed then pass on this course. Will also be doing snotcycle here at the end of the month. Snotcycle is my training race for bakers. See you all there!
    E.P.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-Yukon View Post
    Just got signed up last night, best race on the east coast! On a three man team, riding my el mariachi, if I don't pick up a mukluk before then. The start is awesome but don't underestimate your speed and drop to the back like I did last year, it is easier to get passed then pass on this course. Will also be doing snotcycle here at the end of the month. Snotcycle is my training race for bakers. See you all there!
    E.P.
    I'm registered for Snotcycle too! I haven't raced there either, but a buddy of mine
    and I went out there a couple of weekends ago and preroad what we could find.
    Looked pretty fun, even with the snow and ice on parts of the trail from the Christmas
    snow :-)

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    I'm lazy...you all should include links to the races so I don't have to Google them. Hey thanks! lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    I'm lazy...you all should include links to the races so I don't have to Google them. Hey thanks! lol
    This should get you started: BikeReg.com - online cycling event registration

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Marshall View Post
    I'm in, on the 3 person GEEZER team Denkiyama. This will be my
    first time racing there, as I just started mtb racing late last summer.
    The 500 racer mass start should be a hoot!
    Its a pretty big start but nowhere near 500 as about 1/2 of the folks are on teams. Probably 275 actually start the race and it sorts out pretty quickly - within 2 or 3 miles you are settled into your similarly paced place in the field.

Pray for a really hard freeze at SnotCycle or it will be a disaster out there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yeah, there needs be some good 20 deg days leading up to snotscycle or else the trail will be done after the first lap. was out there 2 weeks ago when there was still snow on the trail and it was bad then. Bakers will run the trail in reverse of last year so no pine barons in the first mile which i think will help thin things out quicker. I was difficult to pass at the start last year once you were in the pines because it is such a fast section yet sill pretty narrow. Looking forward to the pre rides!
    E.P.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Anyone have photo links?

If so, post 'em up.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Have not found any yet, one video from this year of the first lap. They just posted tentative results, our team was not last!!! I checked the photo blogs that have been there in years past (too fat to race and a.e. landes) but did not find anything yet. Another awesome weekend to race, perfect weather, perfect trail, and a bunch of awesome riders. mmcclusk where did you pit? were you on a team or ridin psycho i mean solo?
    E.P.
    2013 Mukluk 3
    2012 El Mariachi
    2012 Specialized Carve comp (work bike)
    2005 Banshee Chaparral
    2008 Felt F4C (roadie)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    We pitted in an RV near-ish the Pines Entrance/Exit.

Raced 2-Man Geezer. Got 4th. I was the one on the course riding with the prosthetic leg.

A few photos can be found here: one leg matt

I have some video coming soon of the start, probably by the end of the week. I'll post link here.

-onelegmatt

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Nice finish, we were a three man team, just happy not to be last! Saw your guys set up at least 6 times, I was riding by on the orange fat bike, a salsa Mukluk. Great pics! Hopefully the photographer at the drop off in the pines got a good one of me hucking off the ledge!!! We were pitted directly opposite of you against the fence next to the "big tree". I will keep looking for photos.
    E.P.
    2013 Mukluk 3
    2012 El Mariachi
    2005 Banshee Chaparral
    2008 Felt F4C (roadie)

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    A.E.LANDES PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG.

First I have found so far, not sure who else was out there taking pictures.
    2013 Mukluk 3
    2012 El Mariachi
    2005 Banshee Chaparral
    2008 Felt F4C (roadie)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Found some start video.

https://vimeo.com/64020944
    Last edited by mmcclusk2; 04-16-2013 at 11:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Here's another video of the start: Leesburg Bakers Dozen 2013 start - YouTube