mtbr member

Arundel High Trails

Does anyone here ride the trails behind Arundel High School? I went over there to check it out but there were signs posted in the parking lot threatening to tow my car away if I do not have a parking permit. There are also "Private Property" signs in the parking lot. Public school = private property, how does that work?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone rides there and if they have ever had any troubles with the locals for parking is the school lot.

mtbr member

Never had Problems...

Quote Originally Posted by huddled_mass
    Does anyone here ride the trails behind Arundel High School? I went over there to check it out but there were signs posted in the parking lot threatening to tow my car away if I do not have a parking permit. There are also "Private Property" signs in the parking lot. Public school = private property, how does that work?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone rides there and if they have ever had any troubles with the locals for parking is the school lot.
    I park by the elementary / middle school basketball court. It is next to the High School, just down the hill along the woods. Last time I was there was February 04. No problem.
    I've also parked at the nearest shopping center, which is just a short ride away.

mtbr member

We ride there all the time....

It's a quick stop off after work. If you loop all the trails together in figure eights few lap variations, you could get 7 or 8 miles easy. We like to night ride there because no one hassles us there. Call Johnathan at Family Bikes in Crofton for the skinny. We could probably hook up to go out with you some night.

Trevor