mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Any good trails in va. for a dh/fr bike?

Hey everyone. I recently moved from san diego to east virgina. im having trouble finding riding spots. anyone know of any tech spots with jumps, big drops,etc.. any good trais for a dh/fr rig?? im also looking or people to ride with. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    East VA?

never even heard of such a place. haha

head west.

youll run into a big ass chain of mtns that run clear from georgia to nova scotia

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Yeah ive heard about those mountains. i was just hoping for something closer. i live in ivor. nothing around here but farm feilds. not alot of freeriding in them. i guess ill just have to work on my john deere tattoo...haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Check out the Cycling Central Virginia forum. You will find plenty of people to ride with. Take the Jamestown Ferry to Freedom Park in Williamsburg. Mostly TTF but a great place to ride.Also for riding with others check out EVMA.org.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by irieside619
    Yeah ive heard about those mountains. i was just hoping for something closer. i live in ivor. nothing around here but farm feilds. not alot of freeriding in them. i guess ill just have to work on my john deere tattoo...haha
    are there any hills at all?

It wouldnt take that much of a hill to make a flowy DH run with some jumps and berms.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks Big Al. As for hills?...not so much. but theres definatly alot of mud! Not to mention theres alot of hunters. I dont want to get shot at tring to find a good line..lol

Gravity addict
    if your out towards waynesboro/ sherando area...(blue ridge mountains) give me a shout I'll show you some cool stuff but most is shuttled/ or some climbing/pushing involved....
    How's that dirt taste?

Members who have read this thread: 0