mtbr member

Adjustable height seat posts in N. VA or MD?

As I'm working on a new bike build and contemplating component choices, I was curious if anyone here uses a height adjustable post? I could maybe see it coming in handy at the Shed or Fountainhead, but I'm not sure it's warranted for the other trails I frequent like Wakefield/Accotink and Lake Fairfax. Any thoughts or dropper post converts?

mtbr member
    I never need to change my seat height at Fountainhead, it's so smooth and flowy now. Dropper post could be warranted for the Shed. Definitely unnecessary for Wakefield and the like. I like to keep things simple and haven't found the need for a dropper post even on technical rocky stuff yet, although I'm sure I would find benefits if I tried it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Well, I wouldn't necessarily go by what's warranted for a single trail system...unless all you plan on riding is just Wakotink. I'm assuming at some point in 2013 you will ride more technical trails as well. With dropper posts, there's no trail that necessarily "warrants" one either. Clearly a dropper post would come in handy at places like the Shed, Patapsco and even at FH...but obviously we've all gotten along fine without them at these trails too.

mtbr member
    I have a Reverb on my Mojo HD (which I ride everywhere). It definitely falls in the "luxury" category, but after having it for a while, I definitely find it useful even at easy trails like Wakefield/Lake Fairfax (if nothing else, it makes it much easier to bunnyhop logs at speed).

I'm in Reston and ride Lake Fairfax fairly frequently, I'd be happy to meet up if you want to check it out.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I recently moved from the West Coast and still appreciate the utility of an adjustable seat post on the all the local trails here. @Jabberocky: I'm also rolling on a Mojo HD...(white w/carbon haven wheels). I haven't seen any other Mojo owner's on the trails, but am happy to see a lot of Cdale owner's as I have been a Cdale fan since the early nineties.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender90 View Post
    I recently moved from the West Coast and still appreciate the utility of an adjustable seat post on the all the local trails here. @Jabberocky: I'm also rolling on a Mojo HD...(white w/carbon haven wheels). I haven't seen any other Mojo owner's on the trails, but am happy to see a lot of Cdale owner's as I have been a Cdale fan since the early nineties.
    Welcome to the area! I've seen a few Mojo Cs and SLs, but not many HDs. Its a kickass bike though!