Souperbad
    Sep 2009

Access to Dody Ridge denied!!

I was riding the Black Horse Gap-Dody Ridge loop today until I reached Quarry Rd. about 1/4 mile in I ran into 4 people with several of their vehicles blocking the road. One of them flagged me down to inform me that I was on his property and he didn't allow access to anyone and that he is currently in litigation with Verizon wireless and the local quarry over the same thing. I hope this is not a permanent problem, he just seemed like a selfish person on a mission to make others lives miserable, kinda sad when you think about it.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Bummer - that's the second time I've heard of this happening on that road. Blocking a private road to a public trail, don't think there is much we can do about it. Just like Fort Lewis Mountain.
    http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/CraigCreekRider
    Its Jake - From State Farm. What are you wearing?

Souperbad
    Sep 2009
    It sucks big time that one individual can hold an entire area hostage. His only reason to me was "I moved up here 20 years ago to get away from people and I pay taxes for this property". I saw no signs posted stating that Quarry Rd. was private, only an open spindly black gate at the intersection which was new to me. This is very sad as it is one of the area's classic rides and part of the Glenwood Horse trail. Hopefully it upsets enough people to either cause a re-route of the trail or coerce the owner to grant access.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigCreekRider View Post
    Bummer - that's the second time I've heard of this happening on that road. Blocking a private road to a public trail, don't think there is much we can do about it. Just like Fort Lewis Mountain.
    Isn't there an unofficial way to get to Dody Ridge from off the Parkway (sort of through the woods) that eliminates having to go through the restricted road? Not that I've ever done it....
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Private roads are bad news a lot of times. Banks don't like them for you always have some bozo pulling stunts like this, and then trying to get people to share maintenence is a constant struggle.

I'm not sure of what Kapusta speaks of, but if wmcneace doesn't know about it I will be glad to share what I don't know about it with him in a PM.

It would be nice if they would just reroute the GHT around that whole chunk of private land.
    http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd66/CraigCreekRider
    Its Jake - From State Farm. What are you wearing?