featherweight clydesdale

6-hour Paranormal Mt. Bike Race 10/20/2012

Hey Everyone,

The annual Paranormal Mountain Bike 6 hour is next weekend!! The fun starts on Saturday at 3pm for the kids race and 4pm for the 6 hour event.
    Registration is on Bike Reg here: https://www.bikereg.com/Net/17264

Prizes from Blue Ridge Cyclery and "donations" from New Belgium Brewing are all on tap!
    CAMBC is serving food as a fund raiser and Scud Fries are up for sale as well with all funds going to CAMBC.

Prizes range from grips and tires to cash payouts for fastest laps both light and dark!
    If the solo categories go over twenty riders: $300 payout to the winner!
    Any duo category that goes over 40 riders: $300 Payout to the team!
    Time Bonus for anyone in costume at the start line (Mama T is judging this year....so bring your "A" Game!)

Bonfires, ghouls, goblins, roots, rocks, bats, Fat Tire, and mountain bike community and camaraderie.....
    The party will be awesome!! Come on out for it all!

We are holding four pre-rides of the course over the next week.
    Tomorrow: Saturday the 13th (semi creepy date) 2pm.
    Tuesday the 16th-6pm
    Wednesday the 17th-6pm
    and Thursday the 18th- 8pm

All rides are open to anyone....not just registered riders for the race! Waivers and all appropriate safety equipment are required.

Make plans to be at the most enjoyable race of the year!
    Charlottesville Area Mountain Bike Club
    www.cambc.org

amd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    How much of a time bonus are we talking for a costume? Can the costume be taken off after the first lap?

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    How much of a time bonus are we talking for a costume? Can the costume be taken off after the first lap?
    I'm not in charge of it but in the past I've seen 20 seconds to 2 minutes. You can strip the costume after the 1st lap, but you're unlikely to win any costume awards. Many costumes are simple and not restrictive, on the other hand I've seen motor cycle leathers, a guy dressed as a keg, cross dressers, Mr. T, and more. It's easy to overheat in the wrong costume.
    www.cambc.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm new to the area, only have my SS and haven't ridden for 6 hours since this Spring, but have a need to meet some mountain bikers. Is there anywhere to stay over there Saturday night? How much elevation is in a 7 mile lap?

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by ludachris View Post
    I'm new to the area, only have my SS and haven't ridden for 6 hours since this Spring, but have a need to meet some mountain bikers. Is there anywhere to stay over there Saturday night? How much elevation is in a 7 mile lap?
    You can camp on the site. I'd guess there's 800-900 feet of elevation per lap. It's a course without many places to rest because you're always going up or down. I'll ask someone who knows about the elevation.

Edit - word is, 600' per lap. Seems like more because somehow you're working all the time.
    Last edited by Fattirewilly; 10-18-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    www.cambc.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Ok. Cool. Sounds like fun.