mtbr member
    Jun 2006

2nd Annual Trailspinners Fall MTB Jamboree at Fair Hill

Come one, come all to the 2nd Annual Fall MTB Jamboree at Fair Hill Natural Resources Management Area sponsored by the Delaware Trailspinners.

WHERE: Gallaher Road Parking Lot at Fair Hill NRMA

WHEN: Sunday 4 November 2007, 10:00 AM to ???? (don't forget to set your clock back !)
    Rain date 11 November 2007

WHY: Because I said so. And it'll be a blast.

COST: The Jamboree is free; however, there will be a minimal park entry fee (probably $3). Donations for trail maintenance activities are appreciated.

EVENTS:

- Guided tours of various lengths and pace of the best trails at Fair Hill.
    - Free food (donations accepted to offset cost), but bring your own beverages.
    - Live music.
    - Fun games after the ride like a slow race, Huffy toss, and bicycle polo.
    - Socializing after the ride with other MTBers from across the Mid-Atlantic.

The inaugural event attracted well over 100 riders from Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. Don't miss out this year. I met a lot of new friends and everyone had a great time at the first Jamboree, so be sure to make it to this one.

More details are available here:

http://www.trailspinners.org/

Look in the officer's notes column on the right of the page. More information and a direct link will be available soon, so keep checking the website.

Hope to see you there. Find me and let me know you heard about it here.

Tim S

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Bump, for a great event!!! And I think last year was almost or just at 200 riders!!! Hanging out and relaxing with great company is highly encouraged and DTS will be providing food!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Another bump for a fun event.

Don't miss it.

TS

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    One more bump in case someone has missed this. We've had a lot of rain the last few days but the extended forecast is for lots of dry weather, so hopefully the trails will be perfect for some great fall riding.

See y'all there.

Never trust a fart
    Planning on going myself. Can't wait. Bump.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

A Final Bump, Just in Case You Missed It

OK, so why come ???

1) the weather looks perfect
    2) the trails are perfect
    3) free food (bring your own drinks)
    4) free tour of the best of Fair Hill trails, various speeds and distances w/optional bail outs
    5) demo bikes, including the Trek women's-specific design (WSD) demo trailer and bikes
    6) home made baked goodies
    7) slow ride and Huffy toss contests w/prizes

Check out www.trailspinners/org for more info (you know, like directions and time)

C ya there

TS

Smarter Than He Looks
    What a great event; thanks Trailspinners! The weather was perfect, the ride was a blast and the food was great. I ran into some old friends and made some new ones.

Tim, I looked for you....were you the guy in the helmet?

Baller/Biker

Jamboree Ride Today at Fair Hill

This was a great event with lots (200 or more) of riders and great ride Guides.
    I've been to Fair Hills in the past but never did I get to loop together a ride like today. Special Thanks to our ride guides today.. Jim Ireland and TIM..not sure of his last name but he was an excellent guide with a very good competitive pace to keep the game honest. Next Year we will have to brings the grills out

mtbr member
    Yeah,

Special shot-out to Jim and Tim our guides on 1 of the many B rides yesterday.
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

mtbr member
    It was a great event...Tons of riders in all skill levels...Funny story....I've only been back into mountain biking for about 2 1/2 months now and my friend about a month.We usually do about 6-8 miles 2-3 times a week on mostly flat terrain.We knew we were in trouble when we get to the event and see most of the guys wearing race jerseys and putting energy gel packets in their drinks.
    Anyway...We decide not to join the beginners group but to ride with the "B" class or the intermediate riders,man..what a mistake...first off they said it was going to be a 15 mile ride...I looked over at my friend and he was just laughing...There was 10 people in our group with one trail leader in front and one in back...I was about the 5th person in line going down the trail but soon as some of the hills hit...the front 4 were gone...They waited up once or twice but after that the trail leader that was behind us just told them to go ahead...I guess I dont have as much wind as I thought...Come to find out the lead trail guide was an expert rider who used to race...Just my luck !!
    Me & my friend bailed out after 2 trails that totalled 6 miles...I was pretty tired but still had alot of fun...Cant wait till next year !!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    V,

Sorry you and your bud got mixed up in a faster group, but glad you had fun anyway. Good to see the attitude positive even though it might not have been the best ride group for you.

Did you stay for the free food and entertainment ?

I had to coordinate leaders and run the slow race and huffy toss, so I took an "advanced beginner" group, left late and had to come back early. Still, we got in almost 12 miles at about 6 MPH or so and everyone had a blast. I geared the pace to the slowest person in our group and that worked for us.

As long as the trailer stays behind the slowest person in a group, we can get almost any group of varying skill level out w/o losing anyone; however, next year we'll try to be more descriptive of what a "B" ride entails. This is easy for all the racers, we just use the normal race speeds, like "beginner (or sport) race pace for 15 miles". Obviously, those who come to the event and don't race really need a bit more description to make an informed decision. We'll work on that for next year.

And to all who attended and made donations - thanks for your support. Apparently the donation bin brought in over $1,000 for trail maintenance (excluding the park-mandated $4 user fee).

Tim S

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I had a blast!!! Thanks Trailspinners for the awesome guides. I put in the most miles I ever put in on one day. "The Crusher" crushed me for 23 grueling miles where I finally bailed out. Feels good to hit the limit!!

Vyper, were you in one of the first groups to head out?

mtbr member
    Troutboy,
    It was about 11am when we got back to the parking lot so we didnt stay for the picnic afterwards...They said most riders were coming back around 1pm so we didnt wanna hang around that long...

My only complaint was that no one really knew what to do after they parked their cars...kinda disorganized...maybe next year you guys could have some sort of portable loudspeaker system where you could make anouncements to all the riders at the tents and in the parking lots,example-"Beginners trail ride will begin in 15 minutes,please meet at the main tents"...Just some food for thought.Other then that,I thought it was great.

88 Rex,

Actually...I think my group was the first one out with Tracy as our trail leader....

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    88 Rex,

Actually...I think my group was the first one out with Tracy as our trail leader....

I'm pretty sure I was in that group!!! Our guide and sweeper were ladies and I was on a yellow single speed. Nice to meet some people

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    Troutboy,

My only complaint was that no one really knew what to do after they parked their cars...kinda disorganized...maybe next year you guys could have some sort of portable loudspeaker system where you could make anouncements to all the riders at the tents and in the parking lots,example-"Beginners trail ride will begin in 15 minutes,please meet at the main tents"...Just some food for thought.Other then that,I thought it was great.
    I'll relay the input and we'll get that fixed for next year. Thanks for the comments.

Tim

Members who have read this thread: 0