Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    trails today? trying to ride after school, its supposed to be in the 50s.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    The trails are still soft and muddy. I would stay off of them. This weekend is suppossed to be crappy too. I hate this time of year!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yeah, it rained here a bit today, not sure if it hit white clay (about 20 miles from here) but i'd stay off atleast until next week.

mtbr member
    Just keep telling yourself..."Summer is coming...Summer is coming "

mtbr member
    Just ran across this big tree called The Rotten Monkey at Middle Run...It has some skill stuff on top of it which is pretty cool...Has anyone tried it yet ??

Last edited by vyper005; 03-01-2009 at 02:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    how were the conditions today?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekenney
    how were the conditions today?
    Dont know today (3/1/09)..I ran across that tree while walking on Sat (2/28/09)..I saw about 6 or 7 riders...Some spots were ok but on the whole they just shouldnt have been out there...

mtbr member
    Uh...whats been going on ??
    Last edited by vyper005; 03-07-2009 at 03:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Isnt mud supposed to be good for you ??

mtbr member
    Whats the latest ??

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    check out bvmtb.com for trail conditions and updates. It's a new site that has info on WC MR, brandywine, elk neck, and FH. It looks like the rain is going to hold off, so today might be a good chance to get a ride in.

mtbr member
    ***Trail Update***

Went to Middle Run on Thurs 3-12-09 around 3pm,rode the log piles...the Rotten Monkey tree and the new skinny's by the fiberglass bridge...cool stuff...

Most of the trails were in real good shape...just a little soft/damp & super tacky but not real muddy at all...most of the huge ruts that were there about a month ago have been smoothed out real nice...

My friend had a pretty rough day...He almost went over the bars going over this small jump as soon as we started out...ripped his shirt when a tree stuck to it...got a flat tire with multiple holes in the slime tube...apparently the slime didnt seal too well...I had a small patch kit with me but the cement in the tube had dried up...my friend ended up just squeezing the tube all around trying to get the slime to coat the inside..it apparently worked as we filled it up and got back to where we started (by the fiberglass bridge)..He then tried the new 30ft skinny and his front wheel came off the board and hit the support log that laid underneath...He went over the handlebars and broke his rear brake lever right off the bike.....Ouch !!

All in all it was super fun and we probably saw around 15 riders...
    Last edited by vyper005; 03-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.

mtbr member

Tip

[QUOTE=vyper005]***Trail Update***

He then tried the new 30ft skinny and his front wheel came off the board and hit the support log undwerneath...he went over the handlebars and broke his rear brake lever right off the bike.....Ouch !! QUOTE]

Try loosening your brake leavers a bit next time. What I mean by that is to loosen the brake levers grip on the bar so that if you take a spill the leavers will spin around instead of breaking off. Donít make them too loose of course.
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

mtbr member
    Aries14,

Good advice..I'll pass it along...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by breilly
    check out bvmtb.com for trail conditions and updates. It's a new site that has info on WC MR, brandywine, elk neck, and FH.
    Not a bad site...It needs some pics though...

mtbr member
    My friends rode Middle Run yesterday (3/17/09) for a little bit & they said it wasnt bad at all...

mtbr member
    I rode Middle Run today(3/21) from 8am to about 930am...Trails were in great shape...

mtbr member
    I rode Middle Run today (3/24) fro 330pm to 5pm..trails were in great shape...Some dry & some a little tacky...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm really close to Middle Run but am thinking of checking out a place even closer to my house for the wetter days. Carousel Park is small and has mostly fire road type trails but might be good to just get some spinning in for the more local folks. I'll check on it and get back to everyone.

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by vwforty
    I'm really close to Middle Run but am thinking of checking out a place even closer to my house for the wetter days. Carousel Park is small and has mostly fire road type trails but might be good to just get some spinning in for the more local folks. I'll check on it and get back to everyone.

Carousel will do in a pinch, but it still gets wet, plus the mulched trails can suck the fun out a ride. You know what, the hill from the creek up to the pool is surprisingly tough!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinker
    Carousel will do in a pinch, but it still gets wet, plus the mulched trails can suck the fun out a ride. You know what, the hill from the creek up to the pool is surprisingly tough!
    How is the new bike treating you ?? I want one so bad but i'm low on cash...

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    How is the new bike treating you ?? I want one so bad but i'm low on cash...
    I love it! The combination of the right size and full suspensiion gives me a lot more confidence on descents and over rocks/roots. The RP2 is stiff enough that I don't even notice it, even when climbing. Thanks for asking.

mtbr member
    Anyone been riding ??

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Anyone been riding ??

I rode Tuesday on my new bike... went through the "chunnel" for the first time from Middle Run over to White Clay.... If the trails dry out by Saturday morning, there will be a group of us riding.

mtbr member
    You might have to shoot for Sun 4/5/09...

mtbr member
    ***Trail Update***
    I rode Bryans Field & Whitley Farms today (4-5-09) from 10am till noon...The trails were in great shape...most of the trail was dry with some parts being soft & tacky...I only a few wet spots on a 7 mile ride...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Trails were beautiful yesterday... Did approx. 18 miles through Judge Morris, Middle Run & White Clay. They'll be back to crap unridable for at least the next few days...

mtbr member
    Trails were beautiful yesterday... Did approx. 18 miles through Judge Morris, Middle Run & White Clay..
    18 miles...Thats way outta my league...I think the most Ive ever done on a mountain bike was 13...and that was tough...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    18 miles...Thats way outta my league...I think the most Ive ever done on a mountain bike was 13...and that was tough...

It was a rough ride... Since I haven't ridden consistantly since last August, it killed me. I can't ride technical things like the skills trail but I try for distance... I've got Xterra Smith Lake at Fort Bragg, NC coming up Memorial Day weekend to get ready for so I need the miles.... .5ish mile swim, 18 mile MTB and 4 mile trail run (partly in deep sand no less)... I just make sure I have enough to eat and drink when I'm on a ride like that.

the moon master
    alright, i've been dying to get out to this park and check out the skills area. has anyone been there since the most recent rain? i was thinking of going tomorrow after work.

also, where exactly is the skills trail? i'm looking at the map ( http://www.destateparks.com/download...clay-creek.pdf )
    but don't see it marked. is it on a trail with a specific name? what's the best way to get to it from 95? (i'm coming from the aberdeen area) sorry if this has been mentioned already...i didn't get to read through all the posts. thanks!
    ridin in bmore

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

the moon master
    Awesome map! thanks!
    ridin in bmore

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Trail Conditions

I might head this way on Saturday, how are the trails this week?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    this week has been fairly dry.

you should look at www.bvmtb.com

they are pretty good with the conditions.

mtbr member
    Middle Run was awesome yesterday (4/13/09)...I'll tell you what...The hill that is right after the long wooden bridge is a pain in the butt when youre just getting started

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Middle Run was awesome yesterday (4/13/09)...I'll tell you what...The hill that is right after the long wooden bridge is a pain in the butt when youre just getting started
    It sure was... Went through the Cork Screw, Mountain Goat Trail and parts of Logzilla a few times trying to work on some skills... then it started to get a little dark... Ended up doing a total of 10.5.... looks like it may not be rideable again until Friday at the earliest... maybe thursday evening.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It sure was... Went through the Cork Screw, Mountain Goat Trail and parts of Logzilla a few times trying to work on some skills... then it started to get a little dark... Ended up doing a total of 10.5.... looks like it may not be rideable again until Friday at the earliest... maybe thursday evening.
    Yeah. We rode about 20 miles in Middle Run on Sunday afternooon (late) (skipped the Judge), but the trails were in near perfect shape. The new trail design is the bomb for keeping the trails sustainable. Four years ago you would have never been able to ride on Sunday after that Saturday drenching.

By comparison, we rode about 17 miles (so we got a good cross section of trails) at Fair Hill last night and although the trails were in good shape, (firm, slightly wet, moderately tacky) they were not dry like the MR/WCC trails were on Sunday.

Good riding anyway. Hope to see some of y'all at the Bike Line race this Sunday. Even if you don't race, come on out and watch, ride the race course after. If the weather is good, the course will be a blast, especially after 500 racers go through it multiple times (does not hurt the trails, just really smoothes out the debris, etc).

TS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutboy
    Hope to see some of y'all at the Bike Line race this Sunday. Even if you don't race, come on out and watch, ride the race course after. If the weather is good, the course will be a blast, especially after 500 racers go through it multiple times (does not hurt the trails, just really smoothes out the debris, etc)
    Where is the race ?? Any details ??

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Race is at Fair Hill, North Appleton Parking Lot.

Links:
    http://bikeline.com/page.cfm?pageID=65
    http://www.masuperseries.com/2009/in...list&Itemid=12

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=8103 (too late to register on line - race day only, but this gives more info like distances and times).

TS

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Race is at Fair Hill, North Appleton Parking Lot.

Links:
    http://bikeline.com/page.cfm?pageID=65
    http://www.masuperseries.com/2009/in...list&Itemid=12
    http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=8103

(too late to register on line - race day only, but this gives more info like distances and times).

TS

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

www.masuperseries.com

May 3rd at Granogue is a must on your calendar. You won't be able to ride there any other time throughout the year and it is some good riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    www.masuperseries.com

May 3rd at Granogue is a must on your calendar. You won't be able to ride there any other time throughout the year and it is some good riding.
    I can't wait for this. Will be my first ever race. I went to support a friend previously, and it was a good time just hanging out there. He led me to believe that this year it was on the 30th, which neither of us would be able to make due to a mutual friend's wedding. Seeing this response has me giddy. WAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I did the race this weekend... skipped beginner and went right to sport... this was my first ever non Xterra mountain bike race and I'm waaay out of shape... i finished but almost last... i did, however, stop to help someone about 2 miles from the finish... they needed a tube and a pump so it slowed me down a bit... but I wasn't going to win anyway, it was more for the experience...

mtbr member
    i finished but almost last... i did, however, stop to help someone about 2 miles from the finish... they needed a tube and a pump so it slowed me down a bit... but I wasn't going to win anyway, it was more for the experience...
    Now thats a nice thing to do...Kudos to you !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I did the race this weekend... skipped beginner and went right to sport... this was my first ever non Xterra mountain bike race and I'm waaay out of shape... i finished but almost last... i did, however, stop to help someone about 2 miles from the finish... they needed a tube and a pump so it slowed me down a bit... but I wasn't going to win anyway, it was more for the experience...

Congrats!! What class sport? I also race sport.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    Congrats!! What class sport? I also race sport.

Thanks! I believe Senior 2 30 -34. I lost a lot of time on the second lap helping someone with a flat... so I finished last of all people that finished... fun but hard... I'm already in better shape for the next big ride...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I rode on Monday (4/27) for about 2 hours and the trails were great. I had a great time. I parked in the Judge Morris Parking lot and when I cam back after riding the snow goose/lenape area I decided to try out the Chestnut trail. I wasn't expecting much, but I was surprised. It had some fun sections. I consider it a good warmup/cool down trail.

mtbr member
    Has anybody been out lately ??

I pinched my sciatic nerve about 2 1/2 wks ago and havent been out that much...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I just moved to Newark from the Ocean City/Bethany DE area this past fall, I had been bummed out not being able to surf on a regular basis, then a friend asked me if I rode bikes and mentioned white clay. I looked it up online and bought a bike the next weekend and I am stoked! I have been to white clay and judge morris several times and to Middle Run for the first time yesterday. After riding only a beach cruiser and the flat landscape of Delmarva for the past 8 years I am slowly getting in biking shape and getting some climbing lungs, but these trails are amazingly maintained and super fun. Middle Run is just a myriad of intersecting trails that you can get lost on and white clay is fun to just go around and around on. Looking forward to getting out there and exploring all the local trails besides these 3 places but am happy to make this my regular spot for weekend and after work rides.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I just rode middle run yesterday for about 3 hours. The trails were in great shape. Despite the mist/fog/rain, there was very few muddy sections. The only muddy areas were at the bottoms of descents, and those were easily avoidable by swerving. It was a fun day and I got to test out my new Tassajara. It is awesome!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast