Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Whats the latest ??
    Last edited by vyper005; 12-23-2008 at 02:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Trails are thawed and muddy.

Need drying or freezing conditions before they will be ridable.

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by troutboy
    Trails are thawed and muddy.

Need drying or freezing conditions before they will be ridable.

Sloppy wet the past few days, but supposed to be down to about 28 tonight. Think it'll be frozen up enough for an early Saturday morning ride?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinker
    Sloppy wet the past few days, but supposed to be down to about 28 tonight. Think it'll be frozen up enough for an early Saturday morning ride?
    I rode middle run Sat (12/13/08) from 3pm to about 430pm...It wasnt that bad at all...The Delaplane Manor Hill....the Mountain Goat and the Corkscrew were fine.Anyplace on the trail where the sun hits was a little damp & muddy but not too bad.

mtbr member
    Has anybody tried the new log pile next to the long "Skinny" at the top of the corkscrew ??
    It's located on the trail that branches off at the very beginning of the corkscrew...It's about 8ft long...3 or 4ft high at one end & kinda crosses the 3ft ditch same as the other log...

After about 5 trys I rode the log pile on the downside but did not try to go up it....Its pretty steep and if you dont hit it just right you could be in for a world of hurt

mtbr member
    Has anybody been riding in the cold temps ??

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    Has anybody been riding in the cold temps ??
    Mixed trail/road ride for 1.5 hours tonight. Trails will most likely thaw and be a muddy mess with tomorrow's rain. I just wish everything would stay frozen, maybe add some white fluffy stuff to play in.

mtbr member
    Anyone going out today (12-26-08) ??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It was frozen solid at 5:30 this morning.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr
    It was frozen solid at 5:30 this morning.
    Still frozen at 8:30, but a few spots were getting snotty by 10:00. Ran into Vyper at the church parking lot, but I was done and he was just starting, so we didn't ride together.

Hope we get another freeze soon....the spin class is better than nothing, but it sure isn't the same as riding singletrack!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Doesn't surprise me that vyper005 waits until it's getting muddy before he starts;seems to be his pattern.

mtbr member
    I demand better treatment

I think I would rather ride in the snow than the mud...Take that...

mtbr member
    Has anyone tried this log pile at Middle Run ?? It's close to the top of the Corkscrew...Pretty cool...

Here's some pics..

mtbr member
    I rode Middle Run yesterday (1-1-09) from 2-3pm and the trails werent muddy at all...There were two downed trees that I ran across,one of them was at the beginning of the corkscrew.When I got there it was about 29 degrees with hardly any wind...not too bad at all...

On a side note...I ran into a group of 5 younger guys (< 21) with 2 of them wearing shorts,I said to one of them," I cannot believe you guys are wearing shorts in this cold ",he said, " I fee fine,I'm good." I said "Nice"

oh well...Anybody else go riding ??
    Last edited by vyper005; 01-02-2009 at 09:14 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Went to white clay for the first time today. I grew up in DE but didn't start riding again until I was living in Philly and riding Wissahickon Park/Valley Green 3+ days per week for 2 years or so. I recently moved back here and was sad that I would have to drive an hour or more to ride Valley Green. Turns out white clay is awesome riding (so far as I can tell now). I have been off the mountain bike but road riding only for about 2 years now and was excited to get out. I parked at Judge Morris and meant to ride over to the snow goose trail to make my way over into the park. I ended up riding the whole chestnut hill trail by accident which was a good warmup but nothing significant really. Really beginner trail here but that's probably what I should be on right now until I get my legs and skills back. I ended up riding over to Snow Goose and then to Lenape. I must have made a wrong turn somewhere because I was trying to get to the Whitley Farms trail but ended up back around by the double horseshoe trail which I rode. There were a few little obstacles that I practiced a few times to see if I still got it... I do but i'm nowhere near as fluid or fast (or strong for that matter). All in all I road for 1.75 hours including all the stop time to check my map and scratch my head. I plan to ride every weekend I can and weather permits. I may look into the trailspinners as well as I was always interested in doing some trail maintenance.

Custom User Title
    Has anybody had any issues with fishing line, and or rope across the trails behind JCC? About a year ago when I rode there, I hit some pretty low test fishing line just below neck level right behind the JCC. Thank god it was low test, and broke quick..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleStageDarkness
    Has anybody had any issues with fishing line, and or rope across the trails behind JCC? About a year ago when I rode there, I hit some pretty low test fishing line just below neck level right behind the JCC. Thank god it was low test, and broke quick..
    What's the JCC ??

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I think your talking about The Jewish Community Center up in the Brandwine Valley. I ride out there at at least once a week and have never seen anything like that.You'd think with all the walkers, runners, & bikers it wouldn't be there for long even if someone was putting it up on purpose.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE=TripleStageDarkness] [SIZE="5"]Thank god it was low test, and broke quick[/SIZE

Don't mention it...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    what is the condition of the park right now? I was hoping to squeeze a ride in tomorrow morning but don't know if it's already muddy or not.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    rode last night and it was pretty solid. Keep an eye on the weather b/c the snow is suppossed to switch over to rain at some point. Just get out there early while it's still frozen.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=God of Everything]
    [SIZE="5"]Thank god it was low test, and broke quick[/SIZE

Don't mention it...

AHAHAHA!!!

ok...back to lurking
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

mtbr member
    Anyone going to brave the cold temps and ride ??

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    Anyone going to brave the cold temps and ride ??
    It's not cold!! I rode last night at MR and saw quite a few other folks out there as well. Seriously, as long as my toes, fingers and ears are warm I'm good to go. I almost forgot it was cold out until I went for a drink and discovered that the sip tube of my camelbak was frozen.

FYI: There's a Trailspinners work day scheduled for this Friday at Middle Run. Meet at the McGlynn's parking lot at 9am.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinker
    It's not cold!! I rode last night at MR and saw quite a few other folks out there as well. Seriously, as long as my toes, fingers and ears are warm I'm good to go. I almost forgot it was cold out until I went for a drink and discovered that the sip tube of my camelbak was frozen.

FYI: There's a Trailspinners work day scheduled for this Friday at Middle Run. Meet at the McGlynn's parking lot at 9am.
    It wasn't too bad last night despite the 25 degrees. Trails were fast and frozen (along with my water bottle)

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast