Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    I'm average in riding, just rusty. Can run 12-15 miles also without any problems. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow or Monday.
    I haven't been on the trails in probably 3 weeks and I can feel the fat piling on. I might be able to join you Wednesday or Thursday, but hopefully you guys are talking about 12-15 miles of riding and not an average speed of 12-15mph!

mtbr member
    I guess you can only advertise your bike for sale on the classifieds, I noticed the thread I posted is now gone...darn, was starting to get response...oh well do a classified with the other 1,000's of bikes...but in the meantime pass it on everyone I'm selling my 2007 Cannondale Carbon Rush 2 for $1800 OBO all stock except have different tires on it (Ignitors on rear, and Conti Explorers on Front)...thanks for your help everyone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinker
    I haven't been on the trails in probably 3 weeks and I can feel the fat piling on. I might be able to join you Wednesday or Thursday, but hopefully you guys are talking about 12-15 miles of riding and not an average speed of 12-15mph!
    nah - i'm talking about total distance - i like to ride for fun, not in a hurry. this wont be race training that's for sure. just post a date and time and we can meet up at the parking lot off possum hollow rd. as i said before either day works and the weather should be the same both days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy46
    I guess you can only advertise your bike for sale on the classifieds, I noticed the thread I posted is now gone...darn, was starting to get response...oh well do a classified with the other 1,000's of bikes...but in the meantime pass it on everyone I'm selling my 2007 Cannondale Carbon Rush 2 for $1800 OBO all stock except have different tires on it (Ignitors on rear, and Conti Explorers on Front)...thanks for your help everyone.

So you knowingly posted on another forum, had it taken down, and do the same thing over here..... Take it elsewhere jerky.
    Too slow to race....too sexy to stay at home.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Don't forget it's shotgun season. The Bryant Field Trail is closed for sure (saw it) and I suspect the David English Trail, Cart Trail, and Boundary Line Trail are also closed.

Whitely Farms, Judge Morris, and everything in Middle Run is open.

TS

mtbr member
    wow what a mouth young man...being rude is not neccessary, certiainly won't gain you any respect around MTBR...Peace...c-ya on the trails...

Ed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eujinc
    Here's NOT what to do (hesitate):

Here's how you should do it (aim for the end of the skinny and keep pedaling):

Remember folks, it's "90% mental"
    eujinc,
    Do you have these videos in other links besides you tube ?? I can view them at home but not at work...I wanted to show a couple of co-workers...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There was a group of us out on Sunday. It was a little crisp,and damp,but otherwise a great day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    eujinc,
    Do you have these videos in other links besides you tube ?? I can view them at home but not at work...I wanted to show a couple of co-workers...
    Vyper, those videos were taken and posted by ExigeS. I have downloaded a copy from youtube and converted to .avi format. If you like, I can e-mail to you. Just shoot me a PM/e-mail.

Never trust a fart
    Thursday is all screwed up now for me. So i'm out for this week.

mtbr member
    Me & a friend are meeting at middle run (in the upper grass field near where the trail starts,not all the way down to the paved lot) at 3:15pm today (Thursday) if it doesnt rain or snow...It s gonna be a light ride between 6 & 10 miles,normal easy pace....Anyone interested ??
    Last edited by vyper005; 11-20-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Smarter Than He Looks
    Hopefully I'll be able to get out of work shortly - if so I'll see you there.

Me & a friend are meeting at middle run (in the upper grass field near where the trail starts,not all the way down to the paved lot) at 3:15pm today (Thursday) if it doesnt rain or snow...It s gonna be a light ride between 6 & 10 miles,normal easy pace....Anyone interested ??

mtbr member
    Was anybody else slipping & sliding on the trails at Middle Run yesterday (11-23-08) ??

Smarter Than He Looks
    Was anybody else slipping & sliding on the trails at Middle Run yesterday (11-23-08) ??

Yeah, it was a tad bit 'snotty' in spots, wasn't it? Actually, I thought most areas were in pretty good shape. The worst was the low lying portions of the Lenape Trail approaching Fox Den Rd.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'll be at White Clay next sunday... don't know the time yet, but would anybody like to join?

mtbr member
    Me & some friends went riding yesterday (Thanksgiving) at Middle Run...Conditions for the most part were great...just a little bit of mud in some areas...

I've been wearing SixSixOne shin pads ever since I wrecked pretty hard at Judge Morris about 3 months ago...Anyway they saved me from getting another huge gash on the very same spot...

There is a short log (about 10-12ft long about 2ft high) at the fiberglass bridge where the approach is just a few small logs put together and the other end is just a straight drop off about 2ft...I never tried it on my hardtail cause if you dont pull up the front wheel just right you will probably end up going over the handlebars...When we got there yesterday we saw that somebody had put a log on the end where it used to drop off to form a nice kinda steep down ramp...I said to myself," This is gonna be a piece of cake,any baby could do it "

There are 2 very small stumps on the ground before the approach which you have to go between..no problem....there are the semi loose baby logs leading onto the main log....no problem....there is a small hump on the main log that you have to watch out for...no problem..you have to keep you front wheel in the middle of the down ramp...problem...My front wheel was off to the left and it kinda missed the ramp...guess what ?? Over the handlebars I went..My shin hit the same spot as the JM crash but it didnt hurt at all...no marks no nothing...Nice

Moral of the story...Its much safer just to stay at home...eat turkey and watch football

Oh yeah...You can never have enough protection

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I was out there yesterday morning about 8:30 am. My buddy and i rode a small loop,had some fun.Definetly not as wet as before! Unfortunetly we didnt run into the section vyper did,too bad,it sounds fun!

mtbr member
    Nice pic of the Teeter-Totter from the Trail Spinners Club...

mtbr member
    Yep love that teeter-totter...just don't go too fast or it wont come down for ya quick enough then ya have to turn it into a jump...

mtbr member
    Trail condition update >>>> I went to Middle Run yesterday (12-3-08) & about 75% of the trails were still very muddy.The Mountain Goat & Corkscrew were good to go..

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Trail condition update?

I'm looking to head down from PA tomorrow. Think it'll stay frozen? Dried out by now?
    Just don't want to make the drive for wet/muddy/don't want to do any trail damage.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    I'm looking to head down from PA tomorrow. Think it'll stay frozen? Dried out by now?
    Just don't want to make the drive for wet/muddy/don't want to do any trail damage.
    Not expected to be cold enough to freeze 2 nite,. I have not had a chance to get over to Middle Run in a couple of days, but Fair Hill was fine yesterday so I think White Clay will be fine also, assuming nothing major happens 2 nite.

Tim.

mtbr member
    I'm going to the skills trail today (12-6-08) around 330pm and probably do some of Whitly farms & a loop of David English...I hope its not too muddy...I'll post when I get back..

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Def. would appreciate the post if you can...

I'm on the very eastern edge of Lancaster County. Snowing here right now.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Did the skills trail today then from there went over to middle run...Conditions were alot better than Thurs but still muddy in certain areas...We were leaving just as it started to flurry...I would definitely forget about Sunday...It'll be pretty bad...

Note>>Someone, maybe the trailspinners, put some new logs in the ground at the very end of the skills trail along the last straightaway...pretty cool...

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast