Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    As your signature says, but add a little twist..."trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean towards the LEFT...." cause the skinny will tilt ya towards the right...

Once you do it you wonder why you didn't in the first place and Eujinc is right 90% mental...he didn't tell ya he went over to the right his first try, and "jump back on the horse" and did it again...when the videos are posted by Jason you'll see just how fast he cleared it the 2nd time....last year I wouldn't dare try it...last weekend did it so now it's getting easier...

Ed

Here I did it last week...picture same spot as Eujinc's.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy46
    As your signature says, but add a little twist..."trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean towards the LEFT...." cause the skinny will tilt ya towards the right...
    But don't lean too far left because going down to your left is going to hurt a lot more than falling to your right. I have first hand experience here (see imprint of body on side of hill) :

mtbr member
    And to put things in perspective, here's Ed clearing leaves off the skinny (and Ed's a pretty tall guy).

mtbr member
    Yep thats a DEEEEEEPPP culvert I'm about 7'...LOL...NOT....just teasing, had to laugh over the Eds a pretty tall guy... but as you can see I'm not in the middle and I'm on my tip toes at 6'....it sure was fun...

Ed

mtbr member
    Here's a quick video clip of Sunday's ride:

mtbr member

Lean Not

Once you do it you wonder why you didn't in the first place and Eujinc is right 90% mental...he didn't tell ya he went over to the right his first try, and "jump back on the horse" and did it again...when the videos are posted by Jason you'll see just how fast he cleared it the 2nd time....last year I wouldn't dare try it...last weekend did it so now it's getting easier...

Ed

Here I did it last week...picture same spot as Eujinc's.
    Ha ha, very funnyÖ

Now I have to cross this stupid thing. I watched your video and you made it look real darn simple. Next time out at white clay, Iím going straight over!!!!!! Iíll post the pics here!
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

Baller/Biker

Aries!!!!!!!

You know DAMN well your not going straight over that Skinny!!
    If you do my treat to lunch after the ride!

mtbr member
    Street...check out the video....only leaning cause of the tongue thing...you know like Mike did...otherwise....all the way baby (Dickie V)....

Baller/Biker

Very nice..you guys make me want to try it..

Street...check out the video....only leaning cause of the tongue thing...you know like Mike did...otherwise....all the way baby (Dickie V)....
    I think that if I see someone do it in my group i'll do it as well. Looks all to easy
    Cant wait till the next white clay ride!!

Rub it............
    I'm planning to hit Middle Run/White Clay either next Wed or Thursday morning. Have a 2:00 pm work start.

Anyone interested for either of those two days?

mtbr member
    I've been looking at that high skinny for about 4 months now and still havent tried it...Like someone already said, "Its 90% mental"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    I'm planning to hit Middle Run/White Clay either next Wed or Thursday morning. Have a 2:00 pm work start.

Anyone interested for either of those two days?

i can go either day - weather supposed to be nice, sunny and chilly. shoot me a PM or post to the this thread -

i would describe my riding as above average 12-15m normally - i know all of the trails but i would rather watch people cross the skinnys

mtbr member
    Funny...lay that "skinny" on the ground and EVERYONE could ride it...GO FOR IT!!!! Piece of cake....

Ed

mtbr member
    Sunday is possible for me. I'll keep watch on the times.
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

mtbr member
    Has anyone seen the new tree crossing on the double horseshoe trail (I think) ??

Apparently a huge tree or branch had fallen accross the trail last Thur of Fri...Instead of just cutting it up into pieces...somone had carved out the middle of it and built a ramp on each side...Kudos to whoever made it...I rode on this past Sun and saw it but didnt try becasue it was pretty wet back there...

To get to it,I'm pretty sure you go over the long wooden bridge on the trail that leads accross Possum Hollow Trail rd and close to the bird sancturary...make a left at the end of the bridge and its about 1/4 mile dead ahead...I'll post some pics when I get some...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    we went over it on tuesday - so new it was covered in sawdust . it is on the double horseshoe trail. somebody did a very nice job, good approach and easy angles, easier if you are going counterclockwise on the trail.

mtbr member
    So excited there is such good riding in DE.

mtbr member
    Where is this bridge located ?? I've never seen this before...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    Based on the sequence of pictures taken, this bridge is midway between the tunnel and the entrance to the Skills trail.

mtbr member

Video of the skinny crossing

Here's NOT what to do (hesitate):

Here's how you should do it (aim for the end of the skinny and keep pedaling):

Remember folks, it's "90% mental"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005

WHen you come out of the culvert under the busy highway you make a left to go up the hill to the skills park...well half way up the hill to the skills park is this little bridge... Thats ME...

Ed

mtbr member
    Man, you did the damn thing!!! Almost blew out your ACL on the 1st one, but you came back strong.
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

mtbr member
    When you come out of the culvert under the busy highway you make a left to go up the hill to the skills park...half way up the hill to the skills park is this little bridge...
    Is that the same bridge where if you guys had turned around and done it the other way it leads you to the junction where if you make a right it takes you to the guardrail crossing ?? If so, then I have ridden that bridge a bunch of times...It just looked real different in the picture...Getting up on the bridge is sometimes difficult if you are seated and tired...Its uphill and a little steep

mtbr member
    Vyper, thats the bridge...yep and I rode up it 4 times to get pictures and videos...was slippery too since it was a little damp...

Ed

Rub it............
    Quote Originally Posted by boscoboy
    i can go either day - weather supposed to be nice, sunny and chilly. shoot me a PM or post to the this thread -

i would describe my riding as above average 12-15m normally - i know all of the trails but i would rather watch people cross the skinnys

I'm average in riding, just rusty. Can run 12-15 miles also without any problems. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow or Monday.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast