Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29
    mtbr member
    Anything new with the skills trail...I havent been there in ages...

Smarter Than He Looks
    Just bumping because I miss this thread.
    Trails are currently snow-covered and not really rideable except by fat bikes, and they're even having a tough time.

mtbr member
    If you should manage to get to white clay in the near future, would appreciate an update on the conditions.
    It's at least a 45 minuet ride for me to get there.. Would rather have an idea of what to expect before I make the attempt.

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrode View Post
    If you should manage to get to white clay in the near future, would appreciate an update on the conditions.
    It's at least a 45 minuet ride for me to get there.. Would rather have an idea of what to expect before I make the attempt.
    Heard a good report today; snowshoers, xv skiers and fat bikes have created a decent packed down trail surface that's rideable.

Still, your best bet is to call Henry's Bikes. They're right at the trailhead and have the most up-to-date trail conditions. 302-455-1099

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    For those of you that live under a rock, it's going to get considerably warmer for the next 5 days. Please stay off the trails until we get another hard freeze.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    walked White Clay yesterday. It is good to see very little damage to the trails from bikers.

While the elevated portions of the trail system is firm, any gulley or area that is lower than it's surrounding area is sloppy. To give an idea, you can see dog prints in the trails. It gets considerably worse as you go further down towards the creek. Pike creek Christian has continuous runoff coming down the hill.

Everyone is chomping at the bit to get out there, especially as it warms up. Please refrain from biking the trails for the forseeable future. Everytime you ride, you damage the trail, which requires manhours from the volunteers (trailspinners). If they are working on the ruts, they cant work on more serious drainage issues, and new features.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Big tree down on the trail ride now. After a fast part.

Toro
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyMudHole View Post
    Big tree down on the trail ride now. After a fast part.
    Thank you for the report. Unfortunately, you're describing about 90% of the trail system.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leoferus View Post
    Thank you for the report. Unfortunately, you're describing about 90% of the trail system.
    I'll be more specific, chestnut hill trail. Going clockwise around the trail, after the first extended DH section. The tree is about 3 feet around and very rotted. No easy bypass

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29