Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    chk-chk-boom
    Today the trails were dry and fast at 95-100 degrees. I rode most of the loops within WC and MR. A little overgrown bush here and there but generally quite awesome. In the shade of the trees the air was tolerable, out in the open fields or low brush it was like breathing hot fire. I went through about 4 liters of water in 2 hours and was still in need of liquid on the drive home.
    I am a professional coffee processing unit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    yeah yesterday was awesome. Trails were empty, because of the heat. I picked up a few stray branches from the storm, but thats it.

Nice and fast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue42blue42 View Post
    yeah yesterday was awesome. Trails were empty, because of the heat. I picked up a few stray branches from the storm, but thats it.

Nice and fast.

mtbr member
    I havent been on the trails in quite some time Any changes or mods ?? Anything new planned ??

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    When was the last time you were there?

consumes mass quantities
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005 View Post
    I havent been on the trails in quite some time Any changes or mods ?? Anything new planned ??
    There is trail reroute off of the 9 foot road/Deerfield parking lot section of Whitely Farm.
    There's also a new large log-over on that section once you enter the woods.
    The northernmost section of the Tri-Valley trail was redone a couple years ago as well as the addition of a connector trail between the Tri-Valley and Paper Mill Park (free parking).
    Those are the only major changes done over the past few seasons.
    Overall, it's still as fun and flowing as ever.
    Just rode some of it tonight before the heavy rains came and chased us home.
    '12 Cannondale Flash 29 - dirt [] '09 KHS Urban Xpress - road [] '80s Cignal Montego - trainer

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    how much rain did you get in DE?

enough to keep the dust down
    just right to get it tacky
    too much, so it is better to stay off the trails

I know it drains well, but my commute is 40 mins, so any insight is appreciated.

Smarter Than He Looks
    how much rain did you get in DE?

enough to keep the dust down
    just right to get it tacky
    too much, so it is better to stay off the trails

I know it drains well, but my commute is 40 mins, so any insight is appreciated.
    Trails are fine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    trails were great! Nice to get a little rain to make the dust go away. Couple of trees down, and spent a little time moving branches, but it was great.

No on was out there..

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    White clay is probably my favorite set of trails to hit.
    Wish it was a bit closer ( no less than 1 hour ride)
    I noticed you can ride there shortly after a rainstorm since it is nice hard pack trail that drains fast.
    My tires are more for soft trail surfaces and so they take a beating on these trails.
    I hope to be there next week with my nephew on my specialized fsr's

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoobieNeil View Post
    When was the last time you were there?
    Probably in about 4-5 months....My GF hurt her shoulder so we havent been on the trails just riding in the neighborhood

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Is it easy to get lost here (WC/MR)? I was thinking about trying the trails for the first time but scared i might get lost lol.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Get a map.....

consumes mass quantities
    Quote Originally Posted by 16k-rpm View Post
    Is it easy to get lost here (WC/MR)? I was thinking about trying the trails for the first time but scared i might get lost lol.
    kencox.net

Ken's site has a map of the entire WC/MR area.
    In addition to that, signage throughout WC/MR is pretty decent, so you shouldn't get lost without trying really hard.
    '12 Cannondale Flash 29 - dirt [] '09 KHS Urban Xpress - road [] '80s Cignal Montego - trainer

mtbr member
    May 2012
    With it raining the last 4 days do you think the trails will be rideable this sat and sun?

Also what is the fee for parking in the lot off polly drummond hill rd?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    White clay creek park is mostly hard pack and so it dries up pretty fast.
    There will be a handful of small puddles though by Saturday and Sunday
    if I was less than 70 minutes away from getting there, I would definitely be there this weekend.
    I either go to. The pay parking lot trailhead at 9 ft road (0ff rt 72 across from golf course)
    Or if I want to hit the southern group of trails (also off rt 72. But just 1/2 mile SOUTH of 9 ft road entrance). this is called possum park rd? And you go about a mile or just under and make a left turn in to a free parking lot Make sure you don't go too far down this road to dead end where the bird sanctuary or whatever is. After that left just follow a gravel windy road for a bit and you're there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    BTW the fee is 3 bucks for del plates and 6 for out of state plated vehicles per day

consumes mass quantities
    Quote Originally Posted by 16k-rpm View Post
    With it raining the last 4 days do you think the trails will be rideable this sat and sun?

Also what is the fee for parking in the lot off polly drummond hill rd?
    Thanks
    It's possible as the trails drain fairly quickly. That said, we have gotten a LOT of rain lately, including today, so it's always best to check here or on the various Facebook groups (Trailspinners, Newark Riders, etc...) to see if they're ridable.

Parking at Judge Morris is $3 for in-state, $6 for out of state. There is also free parking at either of the county parks (Paper Mill Park or Middle Run County Park), both with easy access to the trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    bunch of close LBS to check as well. Henrys bikes, Wooden Wheels, Bike line Newark. These guys are plugged in so call them on trail conditions.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Rode there for the first time. It was fun, flowy, and fast. Was almost like riding a pump track with a ton of small jumps. Def better maintained than brandywine. Parking is alittle steep for out of staters lol. Defenitley worth the 30 minute drive just wish it was closer.

This time I parked at the judge morris estate and got lost however I found out that the Tri-valley trail (easy to find) leads right back to that lot.

Next time I think I am going to park at the Middle run lot (near bird sanctuary). If I get lost is there a trail I can easily focus on to bring me back to the lot?

Thanks
    Last edited by 16k-rpm; 09-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I wish I was only 30 minutes from there!
    There are free parking lots in the southern side trails of white clay.
    I use middle run free lot and I get there by taking route 72 north and turn right on possum park road and then after about 1/2 mile I turn right onto a gravel road that takes me to the free parking trailhead.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Any new trails or a new skills trail? that are now on the newest map? I think I heard about a new skills part

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    There are close to 40 mi of trails and the skills section is at Bryan's field.
    I don't think there atre any newer skills sections

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Not so fast Marco. Trail spinners have been busy. There is a rock garden in redd park and within the last month, they added some new elevated plank rides that will be the death of a lot of derailers. The planks are down by the creek. Thanks trail spinners.

mtbr member
    Not so fast Marco. Trail spinners have been busy. There is a rock garden in redd park and within the last month, they added some new elevated plank rides that will be the death of a lot of derailers. The planks are down by the creek. Thanks trail spinners.
    Those guys are awesome

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast