Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leoferus View Post
    Thanks again for the report. I removed the small bridge from underneath the other bridge and I repacked the ramps a bit. It should do for now. Jim Ireland and I also made sure that the bridge connecting the Tri-Valley trail to Middle Run was repaired. It may seem a bit higher now than before but we expect it to settle into position.

It would help me a lot if you guys would post your trail reports in the WCC-MR Trail Maintenance/Building thread. This way I will be able to have a central location for all reports regarding these trails so that I may get the information to those that need it.
    Any new trails planned ??

mtbr member
    How are the condition at White Clay this weekend?

Toro
    Due to the volume of rain we received in the last few days... and because of yesterday's thunderstorms I stayed off the trails today. I'm going to check them out tomorrow. They should be a bit soft and wet in some sections but our trails dry quickly. If you can wait until tomorrow they should be almost completely rideable.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    It was great today. Fast and sticky. A few mud spots but nothing that didn't have solid edges.

mtbr member
    Looking forward to going out late afternoon tomorrow, should be great conditions. Hoping the weather is like it was today. Warm with a cool breeze

Smarter Than He Looks
    Yep, trails are fine.

Toro
    The trails were tacky. Excellent traction. Some puddles here and there... yeah, I'll get to them. I'll see about fixing those puddles in the next week. Other than that, the trails were great. So much so that I have another video in the works.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    Whats the predictions for this weekend's conditions at White Clay?

Any locals willing to be tour guides for someone who hasn't ridden there?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post

Skip White clay and go to the fair hill jamboree. There will be guided tours, barb-q and beer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue42 View Post
    Skip White clay and go to the fair hill jamboree. There will be guided tours, barb-q and beer.
    Is there a forum or a website for more information on rides in that area?

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post

The trails will be perfect at White Clay this weekend!

I've got a full weekend but could do a couple of hours Saturday morning if you're available.

Local info: go to Delaware Trail Spinners Home and follow the instructions to join the Yahoo Group. Once in you'll get lots of info on rides, conditions, etc. Also, if you do Facebook, ask to join Delaware Trailspinners and Newark Riders.

And definitely try to make it to the Fair Hill Jamboree Sunday. Guaranteed good time, marked trails, GT Demo bikes, Dogfish Head beer, reggae band, raffle prizes, bbq.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    As Sinker mentioned come enjoy some of the best riding MD has to offer just minutes from MR/WC on Sunday at the Jambo!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I recently moved to Chadds Ford, PA and I want to visit White Clay so bad. I am always up for riding if anyone wants to go. This weekend should be perfect for biking.

mtbr member
    Bryan's field was fantastic today (few mud puddles- not bad!), definitely pumped for tomorrow's jambo

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderGirl View Post
    Bryan's field was fantastic today (few mud puddles- not bad!), definitely pumped for tomorrow's jambo
    All of whiteclay and Middlerun were awesome. We did all of Whitleyfarms, Most of David English, part of Bryan's Field (including the skills park), and a hodgepodge of trails @ Middlerun. 14 miles in all. Middlerun definitely had more mud puddles, but the surface was pretty much perfect otherwise. My mtn bike mentor of sorts who has been at it for years had a blast there (I had been hyping it up for years), as did my other friend who is a complete mtnb newb (roadie who has only gone riding 3 times in his life).
    Last edited by SoobieNeil; 10-24-2011 at 07:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Had a nice ride around Bryant's Field and the Lenape trail at MR with a friend and our sons. What a great day for getting the next generation started.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Finally got to White Clay/Middle Run this past Sunday. We had a blast! Those trails put Brandywine to shame! The skills park and the corkscrew trails were by far the best part.

We also followed a group of three riders around for a little bit, one of whom guided us through the corkscrew trails. Anyone on here?

Great time overall. Can't wait to go back.

mtbr member
    Did a small loop at middlerun yesterday (11/9/11)...conditions were awesome...Didnt push too hard in the corners because some of the leaves are slick as ice

mtbr member
    Has anybody been out recently ?? Anything new ??

LAD
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Tried to ride yesterday afternoon. It was wetter and muddier than I had expected, so we cut the ride short and headed back to the car. I guess we're at the point in the season where things freeze overnight and then all of the moisture comes to the surface making it pretty slimy.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    reminder - White clay closed tomorrow for hunting.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    where the info says that the white clay is close for hunting?? I am planning to go there on next Sunday.

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by memi View Post
    where the info says that the white clay is close for hunting?? I am planning to go there on next Sunday.
    There is no hunting in Delaware on Sundays. Tomorrow (Sat, Dec 17th) is the last day of this portion of Shotgun season in White Clay and Lums Pond State Parks.

The remainder of the shotgun season for WC and LP are as follows:

* December 17th (WC & LP)
    * January 14th thru January 21st, 2012 (excluding Sundays) (Both parks)

There will be NO shotgan season in Judge Morris but, there will be a special Archery season. The dates are as follows:

* December 17th
    * January 14th thru January 21st, 2012 (excluding Sundays)

If you do ride in Judge Morris during these dates please wear bright colors and please limit your stops to a minimum so as not to disturb the hunters.

For more information please visit the State Parks website and click on ACTIVITIES, then HUNTING, then LOCATIONS or call the park offices WCCSP @ 302-368-6900 or Lums Pond @ 302-368-6989

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thank you Sinker! I will be there around 11 to 2 with friends...

mtbr member
    Yep...Sinker is a great & reliable source of info

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast