Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    I joined the gym for 6 months cause I havent been riding in about a month and a half...I hate crappy weather...

Yea, I did the 4 month special thingy and I have until early March then it's back outside more often. I just NEED to get out once in awhile and ride in some fresh air.

mtbr member
    ***Trail Condition Update***
    I rode White Clay yesterday 5/22 around 3pm (Whitly Farms & David English trails) and it wasnt bad at all...a few spots were a little muddy on both trails but you could manuever around them.98% of the trails were in excellent condition..I guess you could say the wind did a great job of drying them out...Have fun & stay safe

mtbr member
    I am soooooo stoked that there is some real riding in DE (I was obviously ignorant; most of the shops in the state are dedicated to road biking).....and even more excited that there are some shore stunts and features to play on. How is the rest of the area for riding ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Check this out to see a little bit of White Clay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFHd...eature=related

mtbr member
    ***Update***
    Me & a friend just finished riding Whitly Farms trail at White Clay and was pleasantly surprised by the new section of trail probably made & designed by the DE Trailspinners but I'm not sure.I can tell you this though,It looked like alot of people busted their a$$ to make this new section,much kudos to whomever made it & helped out,me & my friends certainly appreciate it....
    We rode the whole trail clockwise (as most people do) starting at the parking lot near the house & barn.I believe the new section is actually meant to be ridden counter clockwise as this would be slightly downhill & much more fun,kinda remind me of the slick & twisty trails in middle run,Has anyone tried this yet & what do you think ?? Thanks...

mtbr member
    Just curious...Have any of you guys tried that skinny at Middle Run that is about 6 ft off the ground ?? My friend has done it a bunch of times but I'm still scared

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    If you mean the skinny log crossing, yea I usually cross it although it is a little hairy. I can usually make it across easily except for the other day I only made it just over halfway and couldn't hold it. It wasn't too bad. The thing I always try to remember is to jump off the bike and don't worry about saving the bike. I Let the bike fall and worry about where and how I'm going to land. I don't clip in for this very reason.

mtbr member
    Here's a pic of the skinny at Middle Run..The middle of the log is about 6ft off the ground...I still havent done this yet...

These are pretty cool as well...

Last edited by vyper005; 10-27-2008 at 11:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The log stacks were built to "replace" a sweet section of trail that was removed called the Crazy 9 trails. Crazy 8 had a lot of log stacks, but they were all built over downed trees and flowed really well. Call me bitter, but ""logzilla" (the log trail pictured) has nothing on crazy 8's. I would rather just have trail in the spot than those ugly, unnatural log piles.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr
    The log stacks were built to "replace" a sweet section of trail that was removed called the Crazy 9 trails. Crazy 8 had a lot of log stacks, but they were all built over downed trees and flowed really well. Call me bitter, but ""logzilla" (the log trail pictured) has nothing on crazy 8's. I would rather just have trail in the spot than those ugly, unnatural log piles.
    I wasnt riding there when they had those Crazy 8/9 trails...I agree though...having smaller logs built to go over larger downed trees would be sweet...I still enjoy logzilla as it is something different to ride or try...I'm really surprised the club hasnt built a skills section similiar to Bryan's Field over at Middle Run..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

This one is kinda fun

I call this the Mother of All Log-overs. It's over at Brandywine State Park.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sir Dabs-alot

mtbr member
    XCBob,

Now thats what I'm Talking about !! I've only been to Brandywine twice and have never seen that log or should I say monster tree...Where is it exactly ??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Long Wall Trail

It's on a section of the Long Wall Trail. Coming from the Jewish Community Center off of Garden of Eden Road. Enter the park on the double track, take the second trail on the left, down a short shoot and accross a nice, short rock garden and it's a little bit up the hill from there. Continue on that trail and take the second taril on the right for some fun/techy rocks and more rocks. After that is the rest of the Long Wall with the smooth gravel dowsnhill sweeping turning fun-ness. -XCBob
    Sir Dabs-alot

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ^
    I was surprised to see that the other day. It's a nice feature! Who's responsible for it's creation?

mtbr member
    I still cant picture where this is located. I park near the hotels and normally enter the trail right there.
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

mtbr member
    These pics were taken today (10-26-08)..Its the long skinny coming off the wooden bridge at middle run(across Possum Hollow Trail rd into the trail)

I've made it to the incline then stopped...I guess I'm a big baby

These 2 pics are from the starting point from the bridge...

and

and these two from the very end of the same skinny...

Last edited by vyper005; 10-27-2008 at 11:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XCBob
    It's on a section of the Long Wall Trail. Coming from the Jewish Community Center off of Garden of Eden Road. Enter the park on the double track, take the second trail on the left, down a short shoot and accross a nice, short rock garden and it's a little bit up the hill from there. Continue on that trail and take the second taril on the right for some fun/techy rocks and more rocks. After that is the rest of the Long Wall with the smooth gravel dowsnhill sweeping turning fun-ness. -XCBob
    XCBob,

How do you get there from the hotels ?? Thanks..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    XCBob,

How do you get there from the hotels ?? Thanks..

it's gonna be a lot easier if you park on Garden of Eden Rd - but if you insist on the hotels:

from the main entrance in the back lot.

1. down the hill toward the woods (away from 202)
    2. enter woods and stay to the left - follow trail until you hit the water crossing - cross over
    3. trail goes along the stream then veers left up a BIG hill - lots of rocks, leaves, etc
    4. you are now on the BLUE trail - there are a few small signs
    5. after the hill there are a few trails to the left - you want to stay right but its obvious its the main trail
    6. come to a T intersection and take a right (this is a main and obvious trail)
    7. take your 2nd left - down a small hill - over a small rock garden and VOILA!!

alternate way - rebels only

1. down hill toward woods (away from 202)
    2. enter woods and take your first right - down the hill and cross the stream
    3. follow trail to the left
    4. come up on stream again and stay on the right side of the water -go up small hill
    5. pretend not to see the no bikes sign
    6. down the hill to the fire road(thompsons bridge parking lot is to the right - small bridge to your left.
    7. cross small bridge and take trail to your immediate left
    8. stay to the right through the woods and start up long rocky climb
    9. take 2nd right (1rst is labeled no bikes and doesnt go where you want)
    10. down small hill - over small rock garden and VOILA!!

mtbr member
    Now I can picture this. I remember when that tree fell a few months back.
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

mtbr member
    After all the good press these trails have gotten, I made the trek north from Baltimore and hit them up this afternoon. I must say I was impressed. I didnt make it to all the trails but I hit up Whitley something, Bryans Field, and two others off of that whitley one. Whitley and Bryans I rode multiple times in both directions and I rode the skills trail 3 or 4 times. From what I rode, these trails arent really technical at all, but they are fun as hell and maintained awesomely, I dont know what others are talking about, but I didnt hit any roots, rocks, (or any real climbs or straight DH sections either). But these trails are straight up tight, fast, twisty singletrack. The whole frickin place is like a huge pump track. If you know how to pump well, and have at least some DH skill in order to rail the turns you can absolutely fly down these trails. I rode for 4 hours straight and had an absolute blast. Whoever designs and maintains these trails deserves a huge kudos. If places like Patapsco could develop nice flowy sections like these to complement the climbs and DH parts, that would be paradise. The skills trail could be a bit longer, though. I just get into a rhythm and its over. But seriously, this place rocks. Ill be back again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudforlunch
    These trails are straight up tight, fast, twisty singletrack. The whole frickin place is like a huge pump track. If you know how to pump well, and have at least some DH skill in order to rail the turns you can absolutely fly down these trails. I rode for 4 hours straight and had an absolute blast.
    If you loved flying on the White Clay trails...It will seem like youre on nitrous if you try middle run

mtbr member
    Remember...Always follow the rules

mtbr member
    Went there today with a couple buddies...had a great time, weather was pretty good for riding too...I just love it there with all the little jumps in the "pump tracks" and the skills park is a blast...saw a guy do an endo just after coming off the teeter...he was fine, but it looked very cool.. I think my friends had a good time...Eujinc did the skinny across the culvert and Jason will have his video posted soon I hope...his first try he bailed part way into it...fortunately he dumped it towards the bank instead of the left deep side...whew...very cool though he "maned" up and did it again and cleaned it!! Way to go...I made it last week so my first try today I cleared it..gets easy when you make it... Some of the wood bridges were a bit slippery in places, but it wasn't to wet today, just barely in a few spots...lots of leaves though!!!

Here are a couple shots:

More pictures can be found on my Flickr site....

Ed

mtbr member
    Thanks for taking the pics, Ed. Had a great time there yesterday. I like this one that you took of me realizing I was in trouble and unclipping seconds before falling off. LOL! Good this it was a soft landing. The thing about that log skinny was it was more of a mental challenge than a physical one. If it was 6 inches off the ground most people would've done it without thinking twice but at almost 6 ft off the ground, it is very intimidating.

Here are the photos from my camera. I'll upload the video clips tonight after I have a chance to edit them a little:

http://picasaweb.google.com/eujinc/W...y=nVuTVkrhENM#

mtbr member

Mental is right!!

Quote Originally Posted by eujinc
    Thanks for taking the pics, Ed. Had a great time there yesterday. I like this one that you took of me realizing I was in trouble and unclipping seconds before falling off. LOL! Good this it was a soft landing. The thing about that log skinny was it was more of a mental challenge than a physical one. If it was 6 inches off the ground most people would've done it without thinking twice but at almost 6 ft off the ground, it is very intimidating.

Here are the photos from my camera. I'll upload the video clips tonight after I have a chance to edit them a little:

http://picasaweb.google.com/eujinc/W...y=nVuTVkrhENM#

I have yet to get across this! Here is another shot of how thin the skinny really is. From this angle you cant see how deep the fall would be. Next time out I'm going across!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Work Hard 2 Play Hard!!!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast