Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Not me - heading out Sunday if the trails are dry enough by then - raining pretty good right now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yeah **** got real tonight! Pouring rain at my house (2mi from JM) for about 2 hours. Looks like I'll be on my road bike tomorrow . I a considering going sunday afternoon though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
    Pouring rain at my house (2mi from JM). I a considering going sunday afternoon though.
    I might go Sunday as well...if its dry enough.....

Speaking of JM...a friend of mine just dislocated his shoulder there last week...we rode it counter clockwise and towards the end its a pretty fast slight downhill....I was about 75ft behind him when his back tire hit a small stump in the weeds...it bucked him over the handlebars and down the slope on the left...head first right into a tree....OUCH !!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Went out today from the papermill park connector for about 2 hours. Great riding, conditions were perfect. I did see a bunch of other riders, and a group of about 15 in TrailSpinners jerseys about to shove off from the Bryan's Field trailhead. I did the double horseshoe, lenape, bryan's field, whiteley farms, and david english trails and only bit it once. Good day for me!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Three trails

Here's three of the trails at White Clay. The vids are mostly complete runs, didn't record much climbing, and open field though. There may be some more to follow.

Bryan's Field

Bryan's Field - White Clay from diggingtrail on Vimeo.

Snow Goose

Snow Goose Trail - White Clay from diggingtrail on Vimeo.

Whitley Field

Whitley Field Trail - White Clay from diggingtrail on Vimeo.

Last edited by diggingtrail; 05-16-2010 at 07:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by diggingtrail
    Here's three of the trails at White Clay. The vids are mostly complete runs, didn't record much climbing, and open field though. There may be some more to follow.

David English

David English Trail - White Clay from diggingtrail on Vimeo.

I'm pretty sure this video is Whitly Farms Trail...

Nice work though...I def like these vids alot better than the other one...
    Last edited by vyper005; 05-16-2010 at 05:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Went out today from the papermill park connector for about 2 hours. Great riding, conditions were perfect. I did see a bunch of other riders, and a group of about 15 in TrailSpinners jerseys about to shove off from the Bryan's Field trailhead. I did the double horseshoe, lenape, bryan's field, whiteley farms, and david english trails and only bit it once. Good day for me!
    I may have passed you today...me & my friend did Whitly Farms counter clockwise than David English clockwise...we started around 915am...very good ride...BTW...I hate hills...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I did a figure 8 from the Bird sanctuary parking lot going counter-clockwise on lenape, through the chunnel, clock-wise onto bryans field, 2 loops around the skills trail, then up to the parking lot and down, back through the chunnel to finish the Lenape cut-off back to bird sanctuary.

If a lone rider on a Sette Flite wished you a good morning around 12:30/1:00 today - it was me. I forget when "afternoon" starts....

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Definitely nice vids!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    David English clockwise
    Do people actually do David English CCW? Doesn't sound fun. But it is incredibly fun CW. I love that loop!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'm pretty sure this video is Whitly Farms Trail...

Nice work though...I def like these vids alot better than the other one...
    Doh! Thanks for catching that. Fixed the title.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by picassomoon
    Do people actually do David English CCW? Doesn't sound fun.
    Out of all the time I've been to David English I've only ridden it CW 3x...and one of them was this past sunday !! If you do it CCW, the first hill is really nasty now that they added a bunch more of the whoops (for run-off I guess) after you get by that though it is smooth sailing pretty much...you def gotta try it

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I actually have not done DE clockwise -- the steep uphill with the bumps on it really sucks, but other than that it's fun!

mtbr member
    I rode parts of Middle Run & WCC yesterday...I'd say the trails were 95% good...real tacky which makes for awesome traction....There were a few mud spots (same places as always)
    I did notice that someone had added more gravel on some of the muddier parts of the trails leading away from the chunnel...Hmm...How did they get that stuff back there ?? 4 wheeler maybe (not much room for them) or a motorcross bike with a cart ?? by hand ??

mtbr member
    Yeah, that first hill you would encounter running CCW with all the whoop-de-do stuff just seems almost tailor made for going down. Climbing is one thing but climbing up that just sounds frustrating. I can see the rest of it being reasonable in the other direction.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I did notice that someone had added more gravel on some of the muddier parts of the trails leading away from the chunnel...Hmm...How did they get that stuff back there ?? 4 wheeler maybe (not much room for them) or a motorcross bike with a cart ?? by hand ??
    I was out yesterday too, and noticed on the uphill section of Lenape, if you go right instead of going left to go through the Chunnel, it looks like they had a walk-behind skid-steerer back there doing trail maintance. Just noticed the tracks and the trail was a little "squishy" - like a dirt jump not packed down completely.

Beautiful day to ride yesterday - I hope I can get back out this weekend!

mtbr member
    Rode 5 miles this morning...First time on the "new & improved" Bryan's Field...wow....once all that dirt gets seriously packed down...it"ll be pretty damn awesome

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'll be going out Tuesday, hopefully tomorrow's sun will bake it off.

mtbr member
    Did a 5 mile loop yesterday (5/26) around 3pm...It was pretty damn hot...I think I lost about 4pounds

mtbr member
    Anybody go out today (5/30) ?? Me & a friend did an 8 mile loop...super nice outside....I ended up getting a flat at the very end of my ride

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I went out today -- had a flat out of the garage but pumped it up and it held for the ride. I parked at Hopkins Bridge on my way home from work and did the big loop to the chunnel, got lost a bit, and came back to complete the loop. Trails are in AWESOME condition. Definitely hot out!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Rode today as well - Fantastic conditions. Parked @ the bird sanctuary, went left down to the chunnel, up through Bryans Field to hit the skills trail, then planned on riding the Whitley Farm loop, but my buddy lost a lung on the way to the parking area, so we just took the Tri-Valley connector to the top of Bryan's Field and blasted back down to the chunnel and climbed back up to the cars...still a great ride after being stuck inside @ work.

Just out of curiosity, are there ever any races/events held @ Whiteclay?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delawhere
    Just out of curiosity, are there ever any races/events held @ Whiteclay?
    Ive never seen any mountain bike races there but did see two runner events last yr....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I had a nice ride yesterday (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/35668870). Started off at Papermill park and rode the connector in. I'm getting to know the middle run trails a bit better (ie not taking 4 laps to find my way out) and everything was in awesome shape. It was HOT but I finished right before the t-storms rolled in.

mtbr member
    I had a nice ride yesterday (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/35668870). Started off at Papermill park and rode the connector in. I'm getting to know the middle run trails a bit better (ie not taking 4 laps to find my way out) and everything was in awesome shape. It was HOT but I finished right before the t-storms rolled in.
    Damn...14.68 miles...pretty sweet !! A max spd of 33.6...Is that correct ??

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast