Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I rode middle run on Wed (5/20) and the trails were in fantastic shape...It was my first time out in about 3wks (pinched sciatic nerve)...I did about 4.5 miles of light riding...Felt pretty good...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Great Ride Sunday

Had a great ride at Middle Run on Sunday. 27 miles of single track bliss, even if it was a bit crowded.

TS

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by troutboy
    Had a great ride at Middle Run on Sunday. 27 miles of single track bliss, even if it was a bit crowded.

TS
    That was a great ride! Of course I only did 15 of the 27 miles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutboy
    The only way I'd ever do 27 miles is if my mountain bike had an engine !!

mtbr member
    I wonder if the storm did any major damage to the trails yesterday....anybody check them out ??

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yes, major damage to trees within White Clay and Middle Run. Mostly poplars, not surprisingingly.

Both Paper Mill Road and Hopkin's Road were closed last night at 7:30 as I was trying to get from Fair Hill to the meeting.

Expect lots of dismounting for the next couple of days.

Fair Hill was unscathed. It barely rained there. We rode 23 miles last night with trails in perfect condition.

TS

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I was almost going riding when I decided to stay home a work on my deck a little more. I typically ride Tuesday afternoons and I would have been there right when the storm hit. That would have been interesting huh! Glad I didn't go now even yesterday I was pissed I didn't go.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I would have been out in that storm, but I fell and bent my front tire, had to walk out and when I got to Performance to buy a new wheel, it started coming down. It looked like a hurricane out there. If that had not happed I definitly would have been stuck in it, so it was a blessing in disguise. When I was leaving a couple people were just getting out, I wonder how they fared.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if the downed trees have been cleared at all ??

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Most of the trees have been cleared. There were some HUGE trees that came down. I'm glad nobody got hurt when that storm came through because it did a lot more damage then I thought.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Will it ever stop RAINING??????

I havent been able to ride in like 3 weeks. It is killing me

2 wheel drifter
    Any local knowledge as to whether the white clay trails are appropriate for riding tomorrow (saturday)?

I don't want to be a jackass, riding when the trails are too soft...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Not likely. Poured again last night.

That being said, if it remains sunny all day today and tomorrow, they might be ridable by tomorrow afternoon.

Of course, the forecast calls for a reasonable chance of more rain today and tonight. Any more rain and the trails will most definitely not be ridable.

TS

2 wheel drifter
    Thank you, duly noted. Lets hope its bright and sunny today/tomorrow.
    Last edited by blackbart; 06-12-2009 at 08:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    check out http://www.bvmtb.com/

the trail conditions are updated often and are realiable

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Anyone been out today to see how the trails are?

mtbr member
    I havent been riding in about a month so I might go this weekend...Have all the trees been cleared at Middle Run & White Clay ??

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    I havent been riding in about a month so I might go this weekend...Have all the trees been cleared at Middle Run & White Clay ??

I rode last night. All the trees have been cleared but there are some low bridges in spots... and some trails, like the boundary line trail are a little less fast due to the trees uprooting and being cleared creating some pot holes.

mtbr member
    I rode Sunday (6/28) at Middle Run & some of White Clay...Trails were in great shape plus I didnt run across any trees that were blocking any of the trails.Some of the bushes & weeds have grown so much that it seems like you are riding thru a tunnel on some of the trails...pretty cool...

Has anybody seen that tree or bunch of trees that were up rooted near the papermill rd tunnel ?? The up-rooted section is right next to the trail and Im guessing its about 12-15' tall...pretty crazy...I'll post some pics later on...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vyper005
    I rode Sunday (6/28) at Middle Run & some of White Clay...Trails were in great shape plus I didnt run across any trees that were blocking any of the trails.Some of the bushes & weeds have grown so much that it seems like you are riding thru a tunnel on some of the trails...pretty cool...

Has anybody seen that tree or bunch of trees that were up rooted near the papermill rd tunnel ?? The up-rooted section is right next to the trail and Im guessing its about 12-15' tall...pretty crazy...I'll post some pics later on...
    Not sure if it is te same one you are talking about, but I was riding yesterday too and on Bryans field there were a bunch of trees down, probably at least a dozen down all in a line, like dominos on the way up towards the skills course. Then I think the one you were talking about you could see the whole root system up rooted, must have been 20-30 ft in diameter. Crazy stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEride
    I think the one you were talking about you could see the whole root system up rooted, must have been 20-30 ft in diameter. Crazy stuff.
    Yeah...That sounds like it...

mtbr member
    Here's a few pics of the up-rooted tree..The one with my friend standing there...he's 6'1"... gives you some perspective of how big it is...

mtbr member
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Last edited by vyper005; 07-13-2009 at 04:10 AM.

mtbr member
    I rode yesterday (7/09/09)...did 1/2 of Whitly Farms trail than David English than back up the Tri-Valley trail...man..I really hate the beginning hill to the right on David English...

mtbr member
    Here's a nice little video clip of White Clay I found on Vimeo...

White Clay Creek Ride from erci on Vimeo.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast