mtbr member
    Nov 2007

WTB: Threaded Fork and Stem 1-1/8"

I'm in need of two parts and would appreciate any help from those with what I'm looking for:

1: WTB: Kona Project Two Fork - 1-1/8" x 143mm steerer tube, 342mm crown to axle. If not a Project Two fork I'm interested in hearing about other threaded forks with the same dimensions.

2.: WTB: Kona Velocity Quill Stem - 1-1/8" quill stem with an intergrated cable hanger (stem as in the picture below). I need the hanger so that I can still use my canti brakes.

Once I have these parts I will be able to get my 1994 Kona Kilauea up and running.
    Oh and if anyone has any suggestions I would appreicate it. I could benefit from your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

President, CEO of Earth
    I think I have a Velocity stem at home (it's like 120 or 140mm), but I don't believe it has a cable hanger.

You could always use a headset mounted cable hanger.
    "Newfoundland dogs are good to save children from drowning, but you must have a pond of water handy" - Josh Billings

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hi Toby, I actually already own a velocity stem without a cable hanger. The only reason I wanted to get the Velocity stem with the cable hanger is so I can spec the bike as it would have been originally from the factory with the P2 Fork instead of my Marzoochi XC51.

But just out of curiousity, how many mm do you think a headset mounted cable hanger adds to the length needed for the steerer tube length?

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    I have the stem and fork you are looking for. PM me with whatsteerer length you need.

rb

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    RB - PM sent!

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Oh good, now I don't have to go double check my P2 fork's steerer (which I know is threaded and somewhere tween 5 and 6" length) and the right colour for that kilauea.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    RichieB - your mailbox is full! I was trying to find out if you had the fork measurements. I also want to get that stem off you. Are you comfortable with me sending you money via Pay Pal?

[size=5]BTW anyone else out there with a fork and stem of my needs?[/size]

Thumbs Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by 416to212
    RichieB - your mailbox is full! I was trying to find out if you had the fork measurements. I also want to get that stem off you. Are you comfortable with me sending you money via Pay Pal?

[size=5]BTW anyone else out there with a fork and stem of my needs?[/size]

would this work?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth"
    Mike Tyson