mtbr member

WTB Speedmaster Parts Needed + Roller Cam Pics

Hello all,

I recently posted a thread with my old Speedmasters I was able to get back from the guy I sold my Ibis to about 10 years ago. Now I am trying to find a few small parts for these brakes. I think I've exhausted WTB's stash as they've sent me two seperate packages now (free--I'll give 'em that), but they keep sending the wrong stuff (this last package contained misc. Speedmaster canti parts, too. Like I said, they're trying!).

Anyway, the parts I need are the dome-shaped alloy "washer" that went between the brake arms and the brake pad post (they're all cracked), the brake shoe post bolt (the cross-drilled bolt that the brake shoe stud inserts into, two brake spring tab/roller bolts and a set of four medium-sized rollers.

I've included a picture of these parts I'm describing, a few pictures of the Ibis I "de-Speedmastered", and another of my down-sized rollercam drawer just for eye-candy.

Let me know if anyone out there knows a source for these parts.

those are Rollercams...
    I'd like to roll naked in that rollercam drawer

Truly a wealth of useless information.

http://blackdogadventureteam.blogspot.com/

VRC Illuminati
    If I ever catch you bidding on roller cams...I'm gonna be pissed.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

VRC Hound
    That drawer is great both because of the contents and how well they are organized. Very nice. The other day I was thinking about how I often cannibalized roller cams to use the rollers for front derailleur pulleys. The XC 9000s were good but the WTB pulleys were great. What was I thinking?

He be a moose too.

D'oh!

Looking at that drawer makes me regret all the stuff I didn't keep over the years. Sheesh. Before the days of ebay and MTBR classifieds, I often gave stuff to friends or my mechanic (recently I was pretty pissed off when I gave my mechanic a part that I thought he wanted for his old bike and I saw it on ebay selling for $30...last thing I ever gave him). I gave away Bullseye hubs, cranks, shifters, brakes, even a Klein MC1 stem.

In some ways, it's ok. I was more interested in making sure they got a good home than I was in making a few dollars. I live a minimalist life and move a lot and try to accumulate as little as I can and I can't keep everything but my parent's attic is starting to look a lot more appealing...

Penguin

mtbr member
    This is actually the "pared-down" version. I've been a rollercam kook since my MTB came with them in '86. In the early '90s I spent several days on a crusade with some fellow bike shop monkeys going to every bike shop in the Bay Area buying up every rollercam brake and part we could find. It was amazing how many "sub-versions" of the brakes that were out there. For example, I remember at least 4 different types of linear spring for the XC roller cams (!).

In any case, I sold most of my roller cam parts in a huge "lot" several years back on eBay--before they had much $$ value. I had everything organized in plastic slide-out drawers--rollers, cam plates, springs, bosses, arms. I tried to keep at least one example of each type (still need to get another XCD-6000 and 4500 to make the Suntour family complete).

Oh, just remembered...I forgot to include my NOS Shimano Dura-Ace AX rollercams in the picture

Any one else got a nice rollercam spread??

Carsten
    [QUOTE=filegiant]In any case, I sold most of my roller cam parts in a huge "lot" several years back on eBay--before they had much $$ value. QUOTE]

have saved this photo from an ebay auction long ago...

here's a thread with a couple of photos

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=138363

Carsten

mtbr member
    Small world...that's my old countertop. I'm amazed someone saved that picture!

mtbr member
    Can we see some of the other drawers?

mtbr member
    Blush,,,now you're just getting fresh!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten
    have saved this photo from an ebay auction long ago...

Crazy. What did that auction go for?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by holden
    Crazy. What did that auction go for?
    i was bidding on the auction, somewhat a little under 80$ IIRC

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by filegiant
    Let me know if anyone out there knows a source for these parts.
    I sent you a PM a while back with contact info to buy some of the parts you need. If you didn't get it, or need me to resend it, e-mail me though my profile.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads-up. I missed it. Can you re-send if you've still got the info??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rasaldul
    i was bidding on the auction, somewhat a little under 80$ IIRC
    You've got a great memory! For that week my records show $76 for the rollercam lot. Also that week I sold a NOS XC Sport brake for $28 and, amazingly, a '91 Suntour catalog for $63 and a NOS Campy Nuovo crankset for $522.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by filegiant
    Thanks for the heads-up. I missed it. Can you re-send if you've still got the info??
    You have PM.

Got some Bullshot grease?
    Jun 2009
    My bad
    Last edited by passthebuck; 05-12-2016 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Wrong place