mtbr member

WTB New Paradigm

I got this New Paradigm front hub 32 hole that really is a nice hub but I never bought the rear to match, I have not seen any on ebay for a long time (shoulda grabbed the one I saw almost 2 years ago for $45) So does anyone have a matching hub they wanna get rid of? I always liked the WTB greaseguard stuff, It just makes total sense. really bummed they dont do em anymore. My hub was one of the best tracking front hubs Ive ever had, and always spun smoothly like the day I got it, because of the grease-guard.

Man my dream bike would be outfitted with every component wtb new paradigm greaseguard, headset, hubs, and bb. I was close, my privateer had em all except for the rear hub.

Will

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    ummmm, the rear hub really isn't anything special besides being grease guard. I blew my New Paradigm cassette up on one of the first rides - and I never destroy parts. Sometimes you gotta ask yourself "why don't they make that part anymore?" Sometimes there's an obvious reason. Now a Classic Grease Guard rear hub, that's something special.

And like you, I also continue to use my front New Paradigm hub with great results.

mtbr member
    still got the blown hub?

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    ummmm, the rear hub really isn't anything special besides being grease guard. I blew my New Paradigm cassette up on one of the first rides - and I never destroy parts. Sometimes you gotta ask yourself "why don't they make that part anymore?" Sometimes there's an obvious reason. Now a Classic Grease Guard rear hub, that's something special.

And like you, I also continue to use my front New Paradigm hub with great results.
    Mike, are you a 'finess' rider?

I also only have front (in the form of a Momentum)
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Williwoods
    still got the blown hub?
    Sorry, sent back years ago.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Mike, are you a 'finess' rider?
    Aye. That would be my aspiration.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    Aye. That would be my aspiration.
    Yup...me too.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Didn't the New Paradigm hubs just use a Shitmano freehub body. I am pretty sure they did because I remember putting a ti xtr body on one at some point. The classic wtb stuff is the goods, the new paradigm is crap in my opinion. My favorite WTB part of all time is the classic headset. I think I like them even more than the breaks but I don't know why.

banned

Hear Here

I've got a 32 hole, silver New Paradigm rear in good condition.

Yes, it uses a Shimano free hub. I've heard of people using XTR, Ti before... as an upgrade over the stock XT.

Email me if you like.

Not a regular
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AKamp
    Didn't the New Paradigm hubs just use a Shitmano freehub body. I am pretty sure they did because I remember putting a ti xtr body on one at some point. The classic wtb stuff is the goods, the new paradigm is crap in my opinion. My favorite WTB part of all time is the classic headset. I think I like them even more than the breaks but I don't know why.
    Yes, you're right. My hub that blew up was a MOMENTUM hub. My bad. And the front hub I'm still sporting is the Momentum hub as well.

mtbr member
    imridingmy bike,
    email me at willhrtn@yahoo.com

sent ya pm.

The classic wtb stuff is the goods, the new paradigm is crap in my opinion. My favorite WTB part of all time is the classic headset. I think I like them even more than the breaks but I don't know why.
    what year of parts are you talking about, i dont know, u sure your'e talking new paradigm and not momentum? and which model wtb headset you talking about got pic?
    never heard of anyone not liking new paradigm, theyre a little heavy but hey its got grease ports. conical bearings, i mean from a durability standpoint,

also the xt freehubs and even lx more so seem to be everyones fav's from what ive heard. xtr is lighter but lx is bombproof from all accounts.

will

anyone got any NP headsets? 1" pretty please?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Williwoods
    imridingmy bike,
    email me at willhrtn@yahoo.com

sent ya pm.

what year of parts are you talking about, i dont know, u sure your'e talking new paradigm and not momentum? and which model wtb headset you talking about got pic?
    never heard of anyone not liking new paradigm, theyre a little heavy but hey its got grease ports. conical bearings, i mean from a durability standpoint,

also the xt freehubs and even lx more so seem to be everyones fav's from what ive heard. xtr is lighter but lx is bombproof from all accounts.

will

anyone got any NP headsets? 1" pretty please?

Ya know, I may have been thinking of the momentum as being crap. Also I agree that the lx and xt is relatively bombproof, the changing to the XTR was simply more of a "bling" mod that the owner wanted done. The older classic headsets are basically King headsets with a greaseport. They are pretty damn cool. I only have one left on my Haukalugi.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here is a link showing the headset.
    http://www.bikepro.com/products/head...king_hset.html

mtbr member
    thats a damn nice headset but im refering to the newer (97-98?) New paradigm headset which is an altogether different shape. I would love to own one of the king made ones for sure though. It looks like this headset could be converted to threadless using the king conversion kit. thanks for the info.

Will

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Price for a WTB hub?

This talk about WTB hubs reminded me that I've got some I want to sell. Any idea of what would be a fair price? The rims are a bit worn so I'm just looking to sell the hubs. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lml1x
    This talk about WTB hubs reminded me that I've got some I want to sell. Any idea of what would be a fair price? The rims are a bit worn so I'm just looking to sell the hubs. Thanks.
    id like to know myself!

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Not Too Much

Only the old freewheel hubsets (80's and early 90's) seem to be worth anything.

The cassette hubsets I've seen go for $25-$50

I've seen freewheel hubsets fetch $200+