I'm invisible.

Whatever happened to Morati?

Remember the Czech titanium frame, fork and component builder from the mid 1990s?

Are they still around?
    Signature space intentionally left blank.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    no, not in the bike world at least... it was a money loser for them.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Have u seen these brakes?

Morati

As I understand it the owner of Morati was a bike afficionado and the company was set up to primarily make soviet fighter jets. After the end of the cold-war and dissolution of the Soviet Union the company held on for a bit still making bike parts then also dissolved. It was a good set-up though because they had all the equipment needed to make stuff in-house due to the jet building thing. As with most hobbies the high-end bike making part couldn't turn a sufficient profit to sustain itself. Even when the company was operational they quit making cranks because they had a 1% failure rate (according to the then Canadian distributor at the time). I bought the second to last crank from the Canadian distributor who at the time also specialized in selling Tufo tires and other goods.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    They work for the french firm "Sunn" and did the bike for Miguel Martinez, (worldchampionship and 1998 olympic champion of X country). After 2000, they worked for themselves.
    The crank was one of the weight lighter, but a lot of broke, and it was not very stiff.
    They stop welding bicycle parts in 2005, and preferes to work only for planes.

velocipede technician
    nice toe clip there
    looking for 20-21" P team

Hit The Road Cyclery
    They also made some funky bars and a seatpost that didn't work very well. I have both on my single speed, and the bars are fine, but I had to drill a hole through the seat clamp on the post and stick a bolt through it to keep it level.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    My titanium forků

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    looks like the morati m-bar works best with red parts (as you can see on anomie's steelman also). here's a quick shot of my 2003 morati HC1.3 team edition with red decals and red hope mini's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Interesting BB junction. Do the chain stays go under that plate? Or welded to it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    the chainstays are welded to the plate, here is a better picture of the bb area. no stiffness issues here.

too sad morati isn't anymore, the frames and components have been really value for money (ok, beside the cranks).

mtbr member
    Thanks for the picture, that's pretty neat!