mtbr member
    Mar 2006

What year is this Giant ATX 890?

I have a Giant ATX 890 RS frame that is chrome in color and the only serial number I can find is on the bottom bracket and is; GD581618 there is also the number 4 that is smaller located on the bottom bracket.

I am trying to find out what size BB and seatpost this frame takes if anyone can help out.

All 26.5" all the time!

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    and don't people have rulers anymore? they make em in METRIC you know ..I've said more than once..Tool Town or Harbor Freight have DIGITAL CALIPERS for under $20.00!!! well worth picking a set up.
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    stan4bikes,
    Listen I am well aware of how to use calipers and if I had a set I would have used them. I thought maybe someone here could help until I am able to get a set. If I wanted smart ass replies I would have asked my wife.

Zanetti,
    As for pictures of the frame no can do without a digital camera so if you would like to send me yours I would be glad to take a pic for you and post it.

Dumpster Diver
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanetti
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!
    Stuart

wanted: TA Chainrings, FUNK Big Fork, Bullseye Cranks 176mm,

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Downeaster
    stan4bikes,
    Listen I am well aware of how to use calipers and if I had a set I would have used them. I thought maybe someone here could help until I am able to get a set. If I wanted smart ass replies I would have asked my wife.
    WOAH !! Chill the 'tude, dude If you notice I had a happy face in my reply. Try to have a nice day anyway
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downeaster
    stan4bikes,
    So you decided you'd be lazy and expect an answer from someone here instead ?

Zanetti,
    As for pictures of the frame no can do without a digital camera so if you would like to send me yours I would be glad to take a pic for you and post it.
    Buy one... its not like it takes a fortune anymore. You can buy digital cameras for $20 that'll do the job of photographing a bicycle.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Check out this link: http://www.airfreetires.com/Specs/default.asp

Click on Giant and then the model. You may have to narrow it down by comparing components, colors, etc to find the correct year...

anyway...

Most likely you're looking for a 68mm bottom bracket and a 30.8 seatpost.

Built4Speed
    Are the seat-post and bottom bracket missing? Is the bike built up or a frame only?
    The post should have the size below the limit line if the numbers aren't damaged. Is this an aluminum frame? 30.8 and a 68mm bottom bracket should be right.
    "Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Stanetti and Stan4bikes,
    Listen guys I was not trying to be rude nor was I upset. I was just trying to be as humorous as you. Unfortunately the problem with these forums is that that you can not see someones expression when they reply or hear the tone of their voice in their typing. I have a great sense of humor and did not mean to offend or upset anyone and appologize if I did.

DeeEight,
    I was not trying to be lazy or cheap by asking the question here but instead just looking for some help which is what I thought these forums were all about. If I had the means to get the answer myself I would have not asked the question.

I have since aquired a set of calipers and the bottom bracket is indeed 68mm and the post is 30.8.

Once again I appreciate everyones help and appologize if I upset anyone or sounded upset in my reply.

Erick