mtbr member

What I believe is an early 80's Miyata help

I do not know a whole bunch about this bike other than I believe it was from the early 80's and was a Japanese company. Supposedly they built some pretty good bikes. I also know it is made from Cr-Mo tubes. It is a pretty nice bike and seems to be in stock form. What all can you tell me about it? Is it worth much?

Thanks,
    -Brett

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Is it hard to ride when you are constantly slipping off the back of the seat and onto the rear tire?

mtbr member
    First road bike I ever had as a teenager was almost identical, so please understand I say this from a place of love/nostalgia. It is not worth much. It is not collectible. It's probably a bit heavy. But as far as a neighborhood bike goes it would be fine and would last a good long time.

mtbr member
    Stay true to your beliefs.
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    As a form of transportation if you have none? Invaluable. And it's in good shape to boot.

As a vintage road bike? No value beyond maybe $50 or $100 if someone was feeling excited from a nostalgic standpoint.

As an old, bike boom era road bike, posted on a forum dedicated to MTB's? None.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve View Post
    Is it hard to ride when you are constantly slipping off the back of the seat and onto the rear tire?
    At first I thought this was going to be a DH joke, but then I looked again. This bike has been neglected in my closet for months after I fixed her up. I did not even bother fixing the seat angle.

Eh, my feelings are not hurt. I figured it was not worth much. I was just hopeful that it would bring some for my next AM bike. Total investment was not much considering I got her for free and all it needed was brakes and tires.

-Brett

illuminaughty
    gee, I love nondescript road bikes in a mountain bike forum....

mtbr member
    Well, I am not going to join a stupid road bike forum just to ask this question. Its a love for bikes, so I do not give a ...

-Brett

illuminaughty
    Quote Originally Posted by Carraig042 View Post
    Well, I am not going to join a stupid road bike forum just to ask this question. Its a love for bikes, so I do not give a ...

-Brett
    so instead you come to a Mountain Bike Forum just to ask your stupid question? This is a Mountain Bike Forum because it is about MOUNTAIN BIKES! ..so don't expect anyone here to "give a ...." either.

and I have nothing agaainst Miyatas, actually have a pretty nice one myself.

mtbr member
    Funny how when you don't give a *****, you're liable to get some.
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    my wife's bike is a Miyata path that i bought for her from my store. Its much nicer than a Trek 800

mtbr member
    The thread didn't really need a response because it doesn't belong here. I go to other forums, and when people post unrelated topics, it gets moved or deleted, not left up for people to post snarky comments and express exasperation-even when it's warranted, like in this case. This is MTBR.com, home to an ungodly number of forums-if you want freedom from this type of post, why not have a dedicated, members-only website where you can put up a gate and keep the unenlightened away?

In all honesty, this kind of post is far less irritating to me than the 'guess what I found today at the LBS/craigslist/ebay' posts that are nothing more than a way to try to generate PM's and sell stuff.
    Looking for a TNT Titanium front hub....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by da'HOOV View Post
    so instead you come to a Mountain Bike Forum just to ask your stupid question? This is a Mountain Bike Forum because it is about MOUNTAIN BIKES! ..so don't expect anyone here to "give a ...." either.

and I have nothing agaainst Miyatas, actually have a pretty nice one myself.
    I did not just come here to ask a road bike question. I have been a member of this forum for 2 years. I received several appropriate answers on this topic. What is not needed at any forum is someone to post useless **** that stirs people up.

FYI- I hate road biking. I used it to commute for a very short time. I then learned riding the bus is more fun...

-Brett
    Last edited by Carraig042; 12-06-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Comfortably Dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by da'HOOV View Post
    gee, I love nondescript road bikes in a mountain bike forum....

You really don't have the moral high ground on this issue.
    They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one