mtbr member
    Apr 2006

want to mount my titec pork rinds grips, advice?

Hello. Anyone have good advice for me? I want to install my new titec pork rinds i scored to my new titanium titec flat tracker. I usually use hairspray on normal rubber grips, and wondered if I still should with these. (these are a foam-ish material) Or do I have to use a spray adhesive with these weight weenie grips. I would rather not have to do the latter, but am curious as to what others have done with theirs. Thanks. Happy New Year.

wannabe corporate shill
    Jan 2006
    you can use either one. However for peace of mind, I use Super 77 spray adhesive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

spray

guess cutting them off is the only option when using the spray adhesive, right?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Yes usually... I prefer tubular rim glue myself... its sooooo vintage afterall.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrider2
    Hello. Anyone have good advice for me? I want to install my new titec pork rinds i scored to my new titanium titec flat tracker. I usually use hairspray on normal rubber grips, and wondered if I still should with these. (these are a foam-ish material) Or do I have to use a spray adhesive with these weight weenie grips. I would rather not have to do the latter, but am curious as to what others have done with theirs. Thanks. Happy New Year.

I use clear coat paint for foam grips. Works like a charm and you can still remove and replace later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    E6000 silicone is pretty much the most amazing usable glue you can ever have in your tool box. (I glue all my motorcycle and bicycle (downhill) grips with it and then I safety wire them just for looks)

give it a try, will not damage the paint or finish of you parts and maybe not even the foam on the grip.

maybe you can also use Dual side tape, but i have never try it on grips