mtbr member
    Jul 2012

VRC Bikes in Classifieds - Shameless Plug

I posted a couple bikes in the classifieds and will be posting a few more. Thus far there is a Moulden frame and a full Ritchey posted. I will also be posting another Ritchey, an early stumpie, a Raleigh Edge, a Kedo, a Montana, and an Ibis. The Raleigh, Kedo, Montana, and Ibis are all trials bikes. Everything is pretty period correct, will try to detail in the photos anything that is not. I am taking offers on all of them to free up some shop space as they are not things I will be keeping.

Many thanks!!!

Matt
    Last edited by datmony; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:16 PM.

mtbr member
    What's the story on the Moulden frame? I've not heard of the builder before. It has some neat and unique details.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I only know a little bit about it. I guess the guy was making frames up until the late 90s but only made just a handful. I think only around 200 frames.... all very light from what I have heard. He was from Edmonton in Canada. I guess from what Bushpig noted over at retrobike.... he used to work for Moulden. He even noted that he thought he had influenced the monostay on the frame that I have. I thought that was pretty neat to think what a small world it is.

There are definitely a lot of really really cool features on the frame. I guessing it used to be green because another poster over there noted that you could have a moulden in any color, so long as it was green. I thought that was pretty funny as the only other pictures I have ever seen of the frames are indeed green.... hahah.

I have had a couple folks on retrobike express interest on it but also thought I would put it up here too since it is so rare.