Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

vintage?..Retro?..Classic? Cool,oh yeah!

My ride for today turned out to be a great choice. Not really a belonger in this forum, but close I think. Kinda heavy, but ooh, what a rider . Fab Foes Weasel for the unknowing. One of two in my collection, the other is in project stage with a Risse triple crown monster fork. Why? Why not I say
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

VRC Illuminati
    Cool bike.

You've got vintage cranks on it at least.

Is the frame too big for you or is the seat dropped for a little DH session?
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

Hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy
    Cool bike.

You've got vintage cranks on it at least.

Is the frame too big for you or is the seat dropped for a little DH session?

RUMP-fy , I'm beginning to worry a little..you mention my seat almost every post. ..I told you, I've got short legs, 29" inseam , they will only stretch so far !
    "I won't sell these for a penny less than $60.00. I'd rather put 'em back on the shelf and keep 'em! "

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4bikes
    RUMP-fy , I'm beginning to worry a little..you mention my seat almost every post. ..I told you, I've got short legs, 29" inseam , they will only stretch so far !

Well...how many bikes are you going to ride where the handle bars are up higher than the seat? It's not a Harley.
    -eric-

Highly Ir-regular
    May 2006

actually.......

Well...how many bikes are you going to ride where the handle bars are up higher than the seat? It's not a Harley.
    not to please you but I had planned on changing the stem and going with a flat bar. But I feel comfortable with it level or even a little higher than level. I don't like leaning down. I rode that Tirreno today and almost threw up , well not quite that bad but close.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    I think all of my mtb's have the bars higher than the seat. It's better that way.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stan4bikes
    I rode that Tirreno today and almost threw up
    That's due to the extremes in experience. Foes (small, one off type, cool builder) to Tirreno, (mass market, Performance brand, or whoever, schlock). It's like having a really nice small batch single malt Scotch, and washing it down with Budweiser.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    I think all of my mtb's have the bars higher than the seat. It's better that way.
    Really?
    All the (vintage) bikes I've ever owned, the saddle has been up higher than the handlebars.

I tend to ride frames smaller than what I should, but even frames that are the correct size and fit for me...still, saddle above bars.

My modern bike is closer to level. It's comfortable and I do prefer that to being up real high and hunched all the way over...

However...having my hips below my hands...I don't know...
    -eric-

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Really?
    All the (vintage) bikes I've ever owned, the saddle has been up higher than the handlebars.

I tend to ride frames smaller than what I should, but even frames that are the correct size and fit for me...still, saddle above bars.

My modern bike is closer to level. It's comfortable and I do prefer that to being up real high and hunched all the way over...

However...having my hips below my hands...I don't know...
    Over time my favored bar height has crept up. Arthritis? Senility? Manopause?

It used to be about 3" below saddle height but now it's 0.5"-1" above.

mtbr member
    I remember there being a law specifying that your bars had to be at least 4" lower than your saddle in the early days...

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep
    I remember there being a law specifying that your bars had to be at least 4" lower than your saddle in the early days...
    True. Also 21" width was "rad."

Expert Pushing SSer
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep
    and swapping out the stock 135mm stem with a 150mm T-bone was good practice.
    Tuff Schist

mtbr member
    CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!

That? Oh that was just my vertebra...