Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Vintage MTB Magazines For Sale (MTBR Classifieds)

705 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ssmike 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Rumpfy said:
Selling off some excess Mountain Biking and Mountain Bike Action Mags...
Only slightly related question. Do you or anyone else who might see this have any idea whether old issues of the Fat Tire Flyer (in mint condition) have any collectible value? I have heard that they turn up on EBay now and then.

BTW, I have every issue of both MBA and Mountain Biking for the first four or five years of publication. I think I'll hang onto that collection.

#3 ·
Repack Rider said:
Only slightly related question. Do you or anyone else who might see this have any idea whether old issues of the Fat Tire Flyer (in mint condition) have any collectible value? I have heard that they turn up on EBay now and then.

BTW, I have every issue of both MBA and Mountain Biking for the first four or five years of publication. I think I'll hang onto that collection.
They've aged just like fine wine ;)

Have a few extra issues do ya.....

#4 ·
Repack Rider said:

I'm sure they do, but I can't say what, exactly, they'd be worth. CK, keep what you have. You're our local historian. :)

To me, selling the magazines are for people who are looking for a specific vintage bike review to have along with the vintage mtb in their collection.

If you own a Ti Fat Chance...you want that MBA or M&City Biking that'll have the review on that bike.

It sure as hell isn't for the quality of the articles! :)
I will say that I enjoyed the old Mountain & City Bikings race coverage better for some reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.