mtbr member

Vintage 1980's Selle Royal Superleggero Saddle

On Tuesday I was on Nashbar.com and purchased a NOS vintage Selle Royal Superleggero Saddle for $19. For those who want a comfortable and period correct seat and can’t find an NOS Avocet Touring, this is a great choice. I don’t think they came OEM on any bikes back then, but they were popular in the aftermarket world. I used them up until the mid 80’s when I wore mine out and had to settle for others. Anyways there are far more comfortable seats out there now, but 1980’s NOS seats are hard to come by.

By no means am I trying to promote the sale of these seats nor do I endorse Nashbar. But I haven't seen these saddles since 1985 when they were discontinued and it would be a disservice if didn’t tell the people who might benefit the most with this information.

Cheers
    Ron

PS
    Please let me know your thoughts on posting simaliar threads like this one when I find NOS stuff or if I am waisting my time?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ibike4fun; 01-31-2006 at 09:30 PM.

mtbr member
    "Please let me know your thoughts on posting simaliar threads like this one when I find NOS stuff or if I am waisting my time?"

Definately not a waste of time IMO.

Thanks for the heads up by the way.

mtbr member
    I received my Selle Royal seat today from Nashbar. It is an imitation of the original and is a piece of junk. It is not even leather but a really cheap vinyl. Forget about my excitement. It turned into disappointment.

VRC Hound
    Even if thos Selle Royal didn't work, Nashbar often has sweet NOS saddles. After the 90's parts thread I re-checked the availability of Selle Italia Super Turbo saddles and ended up order two for $13.50 each. Can't beat that.