mtbr member

Ukai rim Question

Trying to learn more about 26" Ukai rims. Through searches it appears they first appeared in the fall of 79 and their demise was around the fall of 87. A couple of different sizes and of course a few colors. During their run, did the Ukai's have any different names (like araya has the 7X, Rm 20 etc.) or visible style changes that would date the rim. I want to be certain to find era correct rims for a build I am searching out parts for.
    Appreciate your knowledge,
    T
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

mtbr member
    There were two different Ukai-branded rims to my knowledge. One looked like the Araya 7x and the other had a more plain shape to it:
    Photobucket

Ukai also made Ritchey's first Vantage rims as well in about 89. I don't know of any others.
    Last edited by Fillet-brazed; 09-08-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Ukai made the breezer backdraft rims also, early 90s
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Thanks for the information. I think I was reading more into this bikepro post about 1987 being their demise than was really there:

http://www.bikepro.com/products/rims/araya.html

T
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....