Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 501 to 550 of 564

Thread: Trail Pics

  1. #501
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    For sure man, happy to show you.

    Anything more than 3 bikes is a great turn out to me. Nice to see JP getting out and riding regularly too.
    Jacquie has been trying to make it to a ride a week with our group. She hasn't ridden the trails I usually ride during my evening rides, so it's fun to get to show a seasoned veteran something new. Plus, I've been helping out with little odds and ends around their place, and I have to say, I'd be totally overwhelmed if I were in her shoes. Getting out, even for these little evening rides, I think, brings a little slice of normalcy back to her day to day.

    Now back to our regularly scheduled program. Did you know that Otis Guys basically grow on trees here in Marin?






  2. #502
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    135
    Lee,

    That's fantastic and good work/fun all around, the powers of getting out in general 2 feet or 2 wheels (gotta give love to hikers too). Eric is farther than I am, but I'll try to make this Wednesday evening ride from your shop, are you doing one this week? Even though Berkeley is only 12+ miles away traffic can make it a hundred. I'm coming off surgery, but I think II can tag along if that's ok.

  3. #503
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claus View Post
    Lee,

    That's fantastic and good work/fun all around, the powers of getting out in general 2 feet or 2 wheels (gotta give love to hikers too). Eric is farther than I am, but I'll try to make this Wednesday evening ride from your shop, are you doing one this week? Even though Berkeley is only 12+ miles away traffic can make it a hundred. I'm coming off surgery, but I think II can tag along if that's ok.
    We ride every Monday morning and every Wednesday evening, and you are always welcome. Just show up at the Recyclery at 6:00 on Wednesday evening. It's a nine mile ride, but it's a tight, twisty nine miles. Hope to see you there.

    On that note, if there are any other Bay Area locals looking to join in, feel free. About half the group is on vintage bikes on most of our rides.

  4. #504
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    135
    Lee,

    Great I'll be there this Wednesday, it'll also be cool to see the recyclery, I'll show up a tad early to avoid the 4 wheel mess, should be fun and twisty, I'll try to keep up with the the Fats or Otis.

  5. #505
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDumler View Post
    We ride every Monday morning and every Wednesday evening, and you are always welcome. Just show up at the Recyclery at 6:00 on Wednesday evening. It's a nine mile ride, but it's a tight, twisty nine miles. Hope to see you there.

    On that note, if there are any other Bay Area locals looking to join in, feel free. About half the group is on vintage bikes on most of our rides.
    You got a good thing going with those weekly rides, keep that up!
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  6. #506
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    You got a good thing going with those weekly rides, keep that up!
    Hey man, anytime you wanna play hooky...

  7. #507
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Beautiful place to ride/live/go to school.

    Did you that steel pallet at speed and clean it?
    Didn't even try! I'm rehabbing from two total knee replacements. Don't take many chances. A fall could be really bad for me. Been using MX type knee guards. Not gonna do this again.......

  8. #508
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,290
    Damn!!!!!!!!! That's nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdonley View Post
    Didn't even try! I'm rehabbing from two total knee replacements. Don't take many chances. A fall could be really bad for me. Been using MX type knee guards. Not gonna do this again.......
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  9. #509
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Got six of us out tonight, and 5/6th of the group was vintage! I think that's a personal best. Could have been seven, which would have been a shop ride record, but someone whom I'm pretending not to point the finger at didn't make it.








  10. #510
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Lots of Fats...and one fat tube bike! Cool.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  11. #511
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Monday ride on a new bike (I rode it yesterday too)





    Now that I've checked Ala Carte off of my list, I'm pretty much down to a Mountain Goat Deluxe and a Cunningham as far as must buy/ride bikes. I suppose there's always room to revise the list though.

  12. #512
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    135
    Lee, yes sorry about last Wednesday and forgot to contact you, the City of Oakland was needier that I thought last Wednesday.There's always this week, you doing it again, Wednesday? BTW, is that Salsa brazed or tig, can't zoom in on the pics. Oh and is it a purchase or a borrow? I did a nice modern ride in Joaquin Miller, not vintage but I was the only full rigid (P-29er) and going down Cinderella rattled my bones good. I swear the RL will be in once of these great photo shoots soon!

  13. #513
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claus View Post
    Lee, yes sorry about last Wednesday and forgot to contact you, the City of Oakland was needier that I thought last Wednesday.There's always this week, you doing it again, Wednesday? BTW, is that Salsa brazed or tig, can't zoom in on the pics. Oh and is it a purchase or a borrow? I did a nice modern ride in Joaquin Miller, not vintage but I was the only full rigid (P-29er) and going down Cinderella rattled my bones good. I swear the RL will be in once of these great photo shoots soon!
    We're here every Wednesday night, at least as long as daylight savings is in effect. I went to JMP a couple weeks ago, but on my long travel bike. That's the way to go there, in my opinion. I've done all the trails there on my SS hardtail, but Chaparral was VERY nerve racking without a really tall front end on the bike.

    The Salsa is a purchase. It was on eBay, but it didn't get a single bid. I got in contact with the seller, who was local, and he agreed to $600 cash. Couldn't pass that up. He described it as "one of the last Salsas that Ross sold out of Petaluma" so I'm assuming 1998 or 1999. If someone can decode serial numbers, let me know.

    Anyway, let me know about this Wednesday. We'd love to have you join us.

  14. #514
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Late to post Wednesday's ride pics. Here they are.




  15. #515
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Friday morning ride.



    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  16. #516
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Maybe it's just the perspective playing tricks on me, but those bars look narrow enough to throw on a fixie with some hot pink Ourys to go play pretend bike messenger in the City.

  17. #517
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,290
    Nice bike Eric. I didn't know you had a 90's Breezer.
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  18. #518
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDumler View Post
    Maybe it's just the perspective playing tricks on me, but those bars look narrow enough to throw on a fixie with some hot pink Ourys to go play pretend bike messenger in the City.
    Haha! Nope, those are uncut barely 23" Ritchey Prolites. I don't cheat with those 720mm wide DH riser bars you be usin'.

    I do have some white Ourys I could throw on there...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Nice bike Eric. I didn't know you had a 90's Breezer.
    Yup! Lightning Flash. I've been enjoying it so far.

    1991 Breezer Lightning Flash S/N: JB0094
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  19. #519
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Haha! Nope, those are uncut barely 23" Ritchey Prolites. I don't cheat with those 720mm wide DH riser bars you be usin'.

    I do have some white Ourys I could throw on there...



    Yup! Lightning Flash. I've been enjoying it so far.

    1991 Breezer Lightning Flash S/N: JB0094
    Hey Eric.. does it ride close to the P Ritcheys in feel?

  20. #520
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Hey Eric.. does it ride close to the P Ritcheys in feel?
    Not as similar as I was expecting. Both are 19" frames. Ritchey has a slightly shorter TT, longer stem. I'll have to double check, but I think they net out at the same overall saddle to bar measurement.
    Ritchey climbs a bit better, little more sketchy at speed. Breezer climbs ok but is happier at speed (and in the air). Both have that great trail input. Springy but not flexy.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  21. #521
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,290
    Yeah. I found that thread after the ask. It's a rare one. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Haha! Nope, those are uncut barely 23" Ritchey Prolites. I don't cheat with those 720mm wide DH riser bars you be usin'.

    I do have some white Ourys I could throw on there...



    Yup! Lightning Flash. I've been enjoying it so far.

    1991 Breezer Lightning Flash S/N: JB0094
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  22. #522
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Mojo/Moto Monday...


  23. #523
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Yeah. I found that thread after the ask. It's a rare one. Nice.
    Thanks! It's seen some hard use. Perfect rider.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  24. #524
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDumler View Post
    Mojo/Moto Monday...

    red bike monday.

  25. #525
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    Finally broke the shop record and got seven riders out tonight (eight, before a mechanical during the first climb)! Thanks to Ben for making the trip out from the East Bay, and for bringing a beautiful P-22. And thanks to Chris for bringing his new Yo 2.0. Got to ride it for a short section of trail. It's just as awesome as the original.




  26. #526
    Sneaker man
    Reputation: mik_git's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,709



    All the gear and no idea.

  27. #527
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDumler View Post
    Finally broke the shop record and got seven riders out tonight (eight, before a mechanical during the first climb)! Thanks to Ben for making the trip out from the East Bay, and for bringing a beautiful P-22. And thanks to Chris for bringing his new Yo 2.0. Got to ride it for a short section of trail. It's just as awesome as the original.



    Lee and your Rafael gang, that was a lot of fun and simply a great group of riders. Count me in as a pseudo regular when work, nutty BA traffic and day light allow. BTW, wish we had a bit more water like mik_git ride below, nice to get muddy rather than dusty sometimes...cheers to all

  28. #528
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,582
    Trail pic:

    Trail Pics-14183830_10210492611900527_7988525094230789959_n.jpg

    The golden light was reflecting off the clouds at sunset during last night's ride, giving the trail a cool glow.

    (Disclaimer: I was on a modern bike)

  29. #529
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DoubleCentury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,792
    Awesome sgltrak.

    The Mose Brothers ride is now the same day as Pearl Pass. Maybe next year.

  30. #530
    slow
    Reputation: sgltrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCentury View Post
    Awesome sgltrak.

    The Mose Brothers ride is now the same day as Pearl Pass. Maybe next year.
    Unfortunately I am out of town for both this year. Have fun at Pearl Pass. I hope to make that someday. Looking forward to riding with you again soon.

    ...and to stay on the subject of the thread, here are more trail pics:

    Trail Pics-thunderpass.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail Pics-13445265_10209860230971399_3877715398688677585_n.jpg  


  31. #531
    Team Brooklyn
    Reputation: CCMDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,520
    Trail Pics-image.jpg
    Trail Pics-image.jpg
    Wanted: more of the same ... but different

  32. #532
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    61

    one from yesterday

    Trail Pics-img_7732.jpg

  33. #533
    Sergeant Spandex
    Reputation: lewisfoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    615
    I want to vote for Trump just because those A'hols tagged that tree.

  34. #534
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    I want to vote for Trump just because those A'hols tagged that tree.
    Like.

  35. #535
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisfoto View Post
    I want to vote for Trump just because those A'hols tagged that tree.
    Pretty sure it was the same A'hols who maintain the trails and use spray paint on the trees to mark which trail you're on. And yeah, that spray paint is so much worse than what Trump did in the Wetlands of Atlantic City.

  36. #536
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,949
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBallman View Post
    Pretty sure it was the same A'hols who maintain the trails and use spray paint on the trees to mark which trail you're on. And yeah, that spray paint is so much worse than what Trump did in the Wetlands of Atlantic City.
    Not the forum for this debate but... since when does one wrongdoing justifies another? Since when do trail users need to have the same political candidates? You don't impose your ideas by throwing paint on trees cause it lessens those ideas. Either you act right or you don't and that tagging is stupid on all levels.

  37. #537
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,290
    Close to the border
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail Pics-img_3987.jpg  

    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  38. #538
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,949
    Mexico?

  39. #539
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Not the forum for this debate but... since when does one wrongdoing justifies another? Since when do trail users need to have the same political candidates? You don't impose your ideas by throwing paint on trees cause it lessens those ideas. Either you act right or you don't and that tagging is stupid on all levels.
    Well, I'm glad theres someone around to tell us what's stupid & how to act. Thanks for that!

  40. #540
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,290
    Close. Wy/Co
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Mexico?
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  41. #541
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Close to the border
    Nice!
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  42. #542
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    More time on the BLF.





    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  43. #543
    Stokeless Asshat
    Reputation: jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,290
    Super fun system. I call it SlowFlow. That bike was built for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Nice!
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

    Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

  44. #544
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    147
    More Breezer content from last Wednesday's ride. Tommy Breeze joined me on his Jet Stream.




  45. #545
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DoubleCentury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,792

    Zero Flex

    Like none at all.

    Trail Pics-img_7273a.jpg

  46. #546
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDumler View Post
    More Breezer content from last Wednesday's ride. Tommy Breeze joined me on his Jet Stream.
    Nice. Man, I didn't get a chance to ride with either of you the other weekend. Cool backstory on that Jet Stream too.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  47. #547
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,425
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCentury View Post
    Like none at all.
    How'd she do at the TPC Vintage Ride?
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  48. #548
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DoubleCentury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    How'd she do at the TPC Vintage Ride?
    I rode Series II, #12. Easy.

  49. #549
    The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Reputation: eastcoaststeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCentury View Post
    Like none at all.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7273a.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	368.0 KB 
ID:	1092976


    Who needs flex when you have that much class.

    So much awesomeness in that shot.



    Steve

  50. #550
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DoubleCentury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,792
    Thanks ECS.

    I think it's actually important not to think too much about the bike while riding it.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •