Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Today's rescue (Fat content)

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  415m3 
#1 ·
Today I was driving through a not-so-nice area of town. Never-you-mind why I was in such a neighborhood. So along rides my (new) buddy on this beater. Says he's on his way to recycling center. So I ask him how much he wants for the rusty old clunker. He quotes me a "fair" price with a twinkle in his eye - like he's thinking 'there's no way this fool with give me $$ for my crappy old bike.' I whip out the cash, we shake hands, and we both part ways feeling like we just got a really good deal.

1987 Fat Chance. Mostly original except for the shifters, rear wheel, and post. It's way too small for me, but I couldn't resist.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
right on. did you make the guy walk the rest of the way? i've done that to a few unsuspecting day laborers. sent them walking into the sunset with a fist full of cash.

#5 ·
vdubbusrider said:
right on. did you make the guy walk the rest of the way? i've done that to a few unsuspecting day laborers. sent them walking into the sunset with a fist full of cash.
HaHa, of course I did. I don't know where the recycling center is anyway.

#7 ·
Rumpfy said:
Was he riding it with out the seat like that!?

I've got that inflation hose packaged up and due to go out tomorrow GK.
Nope, he wanted to keep the seat (wrapped in a plastic bag as it was). Who was I to argue? I have a favorite seat too.

#12 ·
Fillet-brazed said:
Should be a 26.4; slightly tough to find. Whats wrong with the post thats on it? Cindy Whitehead would have no complaints. ;)
Hmmm, now where did I leave my super tight Ross jersey? Just kidding...CW rules.

#13 · (Edited)
Another lazy question because I don't feel like going out to the garage. Is the rear on this 130mm? I'd assume so because it's a 6 spd rear hub.

Also, what is the seatpost clamp size? It's missing one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.