slow

Time Warp - Klein and old shop content

Found these old photos of the shop I worked in from 1986-1990 when I cleaned out the garage the other day. Kind of a fun look at the product of the day. I took these pix in early 1990.

I think we were one of the top Klein dealers around. We had a couple of TEST BIKES and kept at least a dozen frames / bikes in stock. This photo of our "Klein Shrine" shows 9 Pinnacles, 2 Rascals and a few Mission Control bars. There is also a black Monster Fat on the rack and another hangning on the post to the right. The other side of the post had a MB-Zip hanging on it. A Xizang frameset is also on that wall.

Our display case containing Mavic headsets, Bullseye Pulleys, IRD brakes, IRD and Ritchey seat post, WTB Hubs, grease gun, and bottles, Proflex , Ritchey, and Answer stems, and an Answer fork.

Lots of neon clothing with a row of MB-2s in front

More neon, with a GT Quattrefoil tandem in the front window. (same window was broken in the middle of the night a few months prior, and a white Yeti FRO disappeared into the night.)

Thanks for letting me share a trip down memory lane. Get out and ride...
    Last edited by sgltrak; 06-01-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Update identity of some bikes pictured

artistic...
    no wonder one gets addicted to cycling stuff.. shops like this would make me go gaga some 15yrs ago. it felt like th garden of eden.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Great pics, I liked 1990.