Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only

69K views 450 replies 137 participants last post by  jadmt 
#1 · (Edited)
Since for sale ads are now free and wanted ads have always been free but hard to find, instead of flooding the forum with wanted threads, let's just post them here. MCS and I will move things here as they crop up as lurkers and new people may not see this.

Maybe negotiate through pms if you can help people out. As always, be wary of spammers and scammers. Just because they have an MTBR account doesn't make them legit. Use common sense.

VINTAGE MOUNTAIN BIKES AND PARTS ONLY. Let's say the cut off should be around 1997ish give or take a few years.

#375 ·
Wanted Either a set of:

grafton speed controllers in silver OR

Paul Stoplights in Black.

Willing to trade silver graftons for black pauls and vice versa or buy outright.

Condition - good usable is what matters most, can show wear and tear, we are talking parts that are over 20 years old.

#379 · (Edited)
Wanted and willing to trade...

1) Want: SR Laprade 26.8 seatpost - 250mm or longer. Willing to trade my 26.6 x 250 SR Laprade in excellent condition.

2) Want: Ritchey Mountainbikes fillet brazed bullmoose handlebar in silver and with 22.2mm quill - for 1983 Mt. Tam. Will trade my black, alloy one for later Ritchey bike (also 22.2mm).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#389 ·
Rock shox judy xcl hydra triple crown

WTB or trade:
I need both crowns and steerer or at least a top crown for a ('99?) Shox Judy XLC Hydra. It has 28mm stanchions and a double crown. The top crown was available in three different configuration - regular (flat), medium (about 1" of drop), LMK what you have-
THANKS!

#392 ·
Looking for a set of late 90's SRAM carbon v-brake levers. There are at least two models, IIRC one was labeled 9.0, the other was 9.0sl.

These, and these.

Either will work, and ideally I'd buy a few sets if I could.

PM me or hit me direct: mike dot curiak at gmail dot com

Thanks.

#400 ·
For Sale

Cleaning-out the Vintage bin:
1) Tektro 165mm rotors, for Avid BBDB mechanical disc x2 - straight, with 45 miles $25/shipped to USA

2) Shimano XTR FC-M952 Octalink 175mm w/ Spider - no chainrings, $50/shipped to USA

Bicycle drivetrain part Crankset Gear Circle Iron

White Black Grey Metal Iron

Grey Composite material Tool Bicycle part Household hardware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#401 ·
Suntour XC-II pedals for trade, 1/2" for 9/16"

These are in really good shape for a rider: chrome spindles are not spider-webbed or rusty; bearings are smooth; the cages are scuffed, but not dented or scratched.

For some reason that is beyond me, these 1/2" ones consistently go for about 50% more on ebay, being sought-after by the vintage BMX crowd. I'm willing to trade straight across for something in equally good or better condition, but with the larger spindle. I'm keeping my dust caps, so you can keep yours.

PM me if interested.

Wood Hardwood Iron Metal Wood stain

#404 ·
Suntour XC-II pedals for trade, 1/2" for 9/16"

These are in really good shape for a rider: chrome spindles are not spider-webbed or rusty; bearings are smooth; the cages are scuffed, but not dented or scratched.

For some reason that is beyond me, these 1/2" ones consistently go for about 50% more on ebay, being sought-after by the vintage BMX crowd. I'm willing to trade straight across for something in equally good or better condition, but with the larger spindle. I'm keeping my dust caps, so you can keep yours.

PM me if interested.

View attachment 1334979
I have two pair. One is in the shape you are looking for the other is more of a rider or needs the black cage refinished. I'll get photos soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.