Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by caemis View Post
    Hi there,
    I am looking for a decent (i.e. fillet brazed) fork: 1" threaded with around 23cm(!) steerer. Everything else is not that important... Thanks a lot!
    Threaded or threadless?

I have a 1" fork with a super long threaded steerer, but it's a mid to lower end. Looks fine, but it's heavy, and it's TIG welded.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    Threaded or threadless?

I have a 1" fork with a super long threaded steerer, but it's a mid to lower end. Looks fine, but it's heavy, and it's TIG welded.
    Threaded... But for the lower/mid end forks shipping over the pond would make no sense.. Nevertheless, thanks for the offer!

And @jestep: Custom would be an option, but I really would like to testride the bike before I went nuts...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have a fillet frame and fork from the mid 80ís avail.
    Send me a pm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boardguru View Post
    You are absolutely correct about manufacturers of bike components. The Mafac's were mechanical motorcycle brake levers. And the components were touring parts. I still have the cantilever brake just not the levers. As one of mine broke from a crash and were replaced by Suntour levers. Just rying to find these brake levers to make the bike OEM again.
    Like many of us think, I too think you are mistakenly remembering Mafac instead of Magura.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    Nope, the cantilever brakes clearly are stamped Mafac. The levers were the same brand . They came on my 1981 Ritchey Mt McKinley.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boardguru View Post
    Nope, the cantilever brakes clearly are stamped Mafac. The levers were the same brand . They came on my 1981 Ritchey Mt McKinley.
    Are these wat you re looking for::
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-LEVERS-BIKE-CITY-VINTAGE-CANTILEVER-LEVER-SET-WEINMANN-MAFAC-RETRO-CYCLE/122604416992

Fisher and Kelly were the US distributor for Magura levers, so the vast majority of bikes came with Magura levers. Tomiselli was as an option too, but generally used when trying to avoid Fisher/Kelly. I have never seen Mafac levers on a mountain bike.
    Last edited by laffeaux; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:30 PM.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    Probably more these ones if you can find them:

VeloBase.com - Component: MAFAC Ville VDA (plastic levers)

Mafac made a few cantis, but none as cute as these little fellas:

VeloBase.com - Component: MAFAC Jacky

Grumps

Moderator Moderator
    May 2009
    Caemis, may or not help, but I have a 1985 Mt Fuji (made in Japan) frame, fork, headset, BB in 20 or 21". Fillet, threaded fork. Also a 1985 Schwinn High Sierra (made in Japan). with a threaded, Unicrown, Unicrown fork.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle grumpy View Post
    probably more these ones if you can find them:

velobase.com - component: Mafac ville vda (plastic levers)

mafac made a few cantis, but none as cute as these little fellas:

velobase.com - component: Mafac jacky

grumps
    want
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-bc34de12-c83d-439c-9d43-f72d6160d39f.jpeg  

WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    want
    I think I can help you with these levers. If you can't get them in the states let me know, I'll send them over... And I might be able to get the right brakes as well.

@fos'l: the Mt Fuji sounds interesting but I just need a fork not a complete frame set...

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    Anyone have an old Suntour XC Sport rear derailleur? (1986 Trek 850) I think I stripped the threads on the bolt that holds the clutch on...
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    First..... I know I know..... rare as hen's teeth. But I would really like a WTB converted Suntour post for a Phoenix.

Can anyone help a guy that really really wants to ride this Phoenix because he has been looking for one for pushing 15 years? Thanks!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234