Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by caemis View Post
    Hi there,
    I am looking for a decent (i.e. fillet brazed) fork: 1" threaded with around 23cm(!) steerer. Everything else is not that important... Thanks a lot!
    Threaded or threadless?

I have a 1" fork with a super long threaded steerer, but it's a mid to lower end. Looks fine, but it's heavy, and it's TIG welded.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    Threaded or threadless?

I have a 1" fork with a super long threaded steerer, but it's a mid to lower end. Looks fine, but it's heavy, and it's TIG welded.
    Threaded... But for the lower/mid end forks shipping over the pond would make no sense.. Nevertheless, thanks for the offer!

And @jestep: Custom would be an option, but I really would like to testride the bike before I went nuts...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have a fillet frame and fork from the mid 80s avail.
    Send me a pm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boardguru View Post
    You are absolutely correct about manufacturers of bike components. The Mafac's were mechanical motorcycle brake levers. And the components were touring parts. I still have the cantilever brake just not the levers. As one of mine broke from a crash and were replaced by Suntour levers. Just rying to find these brake levers to make the bike OEM again.
    Like many of us think, I too think you are mistakenly remembering Mafac instead of Magura.

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    Nope, the cantilever brakes clearly are stamped Mafac. The levers were the same brand . They came on my 1981 Ritchey Mt McKinley.

mtbr member
    Nope, the cantilever brakes clearly are stamped Mafac. The levers were the same brand . They came on my 1981 Ritchey Mt McKinley.
    Are these wat you re looking for::
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAKE-LEVERS-BIKE-CITY-VINTAGE-CANTILEVER-LEVER-SET-WEINMANN-MAFAC-RETRO-CYCLE/122604416992

Fisher and Kelly were the US distributor for Magura levers, so the vast majority of bikes came with Magura levers. Tomiselli was as an option too, but generally used when trying to avoid Fisher/Kelly. I have never seen Mafac levers on a mountain bike.
    Last edited by laffeaux; 04-08-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    Probably more these ones if you can find them:

VeloBase.com - Component: MAFAC Ville VDA (plastic levers)

Mafac made a few cantis, but none as cute as these little fellas:

VeloBase.com - Component: MAFAC Jacky

Grumps

Moderator Moderator
    May 2009
    Caemis, may or not help, but I have a 1985 Mt Fuji (made in Japan) frame, fork, headset, BB in 20 or 21". Fillet, threaded fork. Also a 1985 Schwinn High Sierra (made in Japan). with a threaded, Unicrown, Unicrown fork.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle grumpy View Post
    probably more these ones if you can find them:

velobase.com - component: Mafac ville vda (plastic levers)

mafac made a few cantis, but none as cute as these little fellas:

velobase.com - component: Mafac jacky

grumps
    want
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-bc34de12-c83d-439c-9d43-f72d6160d39f.jpeg  

WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    want
    I think I can help you with these levers. If you can't get them in the states let me know, I'll send them over... And I might be able to get the right brakes as well.

@fos'l: the Mt Fuji sounds interesting but I just need a fork not a complete frame set...

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    Anyone have an old Suntour XC Sport rear derailleur? (1986 Trek 850) I think I stripped the threads on the bolt that holds the clutch on...
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    First..... I know I know..... rare as hen's teeth. But I would really like a WTB converted Suntour post for a Phoenix.

Can anyone help a guy that really really wants to ride this Phoenix because he has been looking for one for pushing 15 years? Thanks!!!!!

mtbr member
    Looking for a small(er) sized frame to build up for my 12yr old son. Rockhopper? Something steel? Something more exotic? I'm open!

Thx - Rich

Ambivalent Luddite
    I have a 15" Rockhopper with a Rock Shox Judy SL ready to sell.

If interested, PM me for pics & more info.

inFATuated

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Dude View Post
    I have a 15" Rockhopper with a Rock Shox Judy SL ready to sell.

If interested, PM me for pics & more info.
    PM'd.

mtbr member
    I'm looking for a 1-inch Tioga T-bone stem (black) in either a 130mm or possibly 120mm length. Rise in the neighborhood of 5 to 7 degrees. And in good condition.

I'm looking for the exact stem pictured below, preferably in similar condition. The stem below is 140mm, which is too long. I'd gladly trade the pictured stem for a shorter version, or will trade wallet-sized portraits of US Presidents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-0503182048a.jpg  

Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Anyone have a spare Ringle Moby seat post - 26.8mm, black, in very good condition - that you're itching to part with?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Anyone have a spare Ringle Moby seat post - 26.8mm, black, in very good condition - that you're itching to part with?
    Hey Eric I have a decent Moby, but in silver 26.8 may not fit the bill, you could paint it? It'd be a VRC deal. Cheers
    Benjamin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claus View Post
    Hey Eric I have a decent Moby, but in silver 26.8 may not fit the bill, you could paint it? It'd be a VRC deal. Cheers
    Benjamin
    Thanks! I'm going to hold out of black. It completes a theme.

mtbr member
    This shouldn't be so hard, but in several months I've not managed to find a Shimano Deore XT M732 rear hub with 36 holes. This is the 7 speed version of the hub and the hard part is the 36 holes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCentury View Post
    This shouldn't be so hard, but in several months I've not managed to find a Shimano Deore XT M732 rear hub with 36 holes. This is the 7 speed version of the hub and the hard part is the 36 holes.
    Pretty sure I have one or two in 36h, no skewers though if I recall. Have to double check the pile of bike parts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wesMAmyke View Post
    Pretty sure I have one or two in 36h, no skewers though if I recall. Have to double check the pile of bike parts.
    That would be great. This is for a rather historic bike: Ross Shafer's personal Salsa #37.

mtbr member
    Looking for:

17.5" Yeti FRO, 91 and older.
    15" WTB Phoenix

Trade bait:

19.5" unpainted Brazed Steelman

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCentury View Post
    That would be great. This is for a rather historic bike: Ross Shafer's personal Salsa #37.
    No luck with the 36h hub, only have a 36h m730 front. Have both variations of hub shell and axle width in 732 hubs, but both are 32h.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wesMAmyke View Post
    No luck with the 36h hub, only have a 36h m730 front. Have both variations of hub shell and axle width in 732 hubs, but both are 32h.
    Ah, bummer. Thank you for looking.

I think 36H became much less common with M732 versus M730.

mtbr member
    I think I have a 36h 7 speed XT hubset f&r. Not sure if it's exactly M732. IIRC it's not a HG lockring, it's the external thread (IG?). Can dig around my basement and get some picks if/when I find them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldybikes View Post
    I think I have a 36h 7 speed XT hubset f&r. Not sure if it's exactly M732. IIRC it's not a HG lockring, it's the external thread (IG?). Can dig around my basement and get some picks if/when I find them.
    I think you could run both on M732. Otherwise M730 was 6 speed with the external lock ring. If you find something I'd be very interested so I can finish Ross' bike. Thanks for looking!

mtbr member
    I went down to the dungeon and found my box of old hubs but not the ones I was looking for. Sorry, my bad. Must've gotten rid of them. I'll let you know if they somehow materialize.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldybikes View Post
    I went down to the dungeon and found my box of old hubs but not the ones I was looking for. Sorry, my bad. Must've gotten rid of them. I'll let you know if they somehow materialize.
    Thanks so much for looking!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hey DC,

I know not exactly, but I have a have a nicely built M732 (7 speed) laced to a Mavic M-231 in very good shape. Yes, it's 32 hole, but....worse case it's yours for shipping cost. dig it and best to you, the hunt for the bob-tail is always

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Claus View Post
    Hey DC,

I know not exactly, but I have a have a nicely built M732 (7 speed) laced to a Mavic M-231 in very good shape. Yes, it's 32 hole, but....worse case it's yours for shipping cost. dig it and best to you, the hunt for the bob-tail is always
    Thanks for the generous offer! I'm looking specifically for 36H because I have a Bontrager cut-down rim in that count which is a match for an existing front wheel. I guess if I could come up with a 32H Bontrager cut down my life would be a lot simpler, but that is asking a lot to begin with.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

** FOUND ** WTB older 26 x 1.75 wheelset

**FOUND**

Scored a sweet pair, thanks everyone!

Building up a bar bike, need a decent wheelset with nutted axles suitable for late '80s mtb with 5 speed Shimano cassette...120mm? Looking to spend <$100 shipped, I am halfway between GJ and Crested Butte, CO if you're close enough for a fly-by.
    Last edited by Silverhair; 07-29-2018 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Found

mtbr member
    I have a roll of yellow Shimano brake housing. not sure of the vintage but it's yellow. also have white.

Quote Originally Posted by tductape View Post
    Starting a new project and looking for some missing bits.

Seek in good to great condition. All proper for 1983:

Front and rear derailleurs Suntour Mountech. FOUND
    Front/Rear (130) Phil Wood hubs. Steel center, prefer logo intact.
    Suntour XCII Pedals.
    Sella Royal anatomic seat?
    Campagnolo wheel quick release skewers. FOUND
    Shift/Brake housing (yellow preferred) proper for a 1983 build.
    Seidisport chain.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm seeking a 80mm 1/18" steerer fork with v brake bosses to replace my dead 1996 Judy XC. Thanks.
    Seeking a 90's or 00s 80mm 26" suspension fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXPilot View Post
    I'm seeking a 80mm 1/18" steerer fork with v brake bosses to replace my dead 1996 Judy XC. Thanks.
    how long do you need the steerer to be?

Ambivalent Luddite

WTB: Suntour XC-Pro Headset

Looking for a 1" Suntour XC-Pro Grease Guard Headset.

Thanks

inFATuated

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray230sx View Post
    how long do you need the steerer to be?
    6.5" and up.
    Seeking a 90's or 00s 80mm 26" suspension fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I'd be interested in a silver set of Dia-Compe 986s.
    Last edited by drew54; 07-18-2018 at 11:02 AM.

DFA
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
    I'd be interested in a silver pair of Dia-Compe 986s.

Have a new set. Wouldn't be able to verify if they've scratched themselves living in the Big Box of Brakes for years without opening the bag.

Life's a Garden, dig it!

Hayes 22mm Calipers

If anyone has any old Hayes 22mm mount brake calipers just lying around (with or without levers and M/C), I'd be interested.

Thanks!

Chuck
    "The maturity of an 8 year-old boy coupled with the insecurity of a teen aged girl."

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hi, I am looking for a Cross frameset in the range of 56cm ST - something like Rock Lobster, Bontrager, ...
    Maybe you have something to share in the shed.

Cheers and best wishes from Berlin,
    M.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    If any one has a Simplex SJA103 front derailleur they are willing to sell I`m looking for one in good working order to NOS condition.

mtbr member

Ritchey McKinley specs

In an effort to help you recreate originality I wanted to let you know some 'net research shows the Ritchey McKinley model was introduceed in 1982 as shown in this Mountainbike Flyer signed by Gary Fisher: https://ritchey.vintagebicycledataba...es1982_102.jpg

I have a Ritchey stamped with a 1981 serial number but it has the "Ritchey Mountainbike" decal and those models weren't introduced until 1982 so maybe you have the same situation.

The 1982 model was spec'd with Mafac tandem brakes but Magura brake levers as shown on this 1982 catalog page from the same website:
    Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-mountainbikes1982_09-mckinley.jpg

I guess it's possible they couldn't get the Magura levers they needed so substituted the Mafacs or yours were replaced somewhere along the way but the catalog specs show Magura levers.

Maybe someone who was around the shop at that time can clarify if they would've subbed parts on non-custom bikes and if serials were stamped for years prior to model releases due to release schedules or some other reason.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018

1986 Bridgestone MB2 19"

Im considering selling a 1986 bridgestone MB2 19" that is dead stock and an EASY 8.5+++ /10 its freaken ridiculous how nice this is. green/red color It has original tires that are great and not dry rot at all. I'll grab a pic tonight or pm me

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    WTB Early Ritchey fillet brazed bull moose bars in nickel finish with 22.2mm quill. If anyone has these handlebars for sale please send me a pm with pictures, handlebar width measurement & price. I am located in the S.F. Bay Area.

Jeprex
    Aug 2018

Kona P2 26 v-Brake QR

Hello from Norway.
    I desperately need a Kona P2 fork to my Kona Kula 1996 project. V-brake 26"
    AC minimum 42, took off one Judy XC.
    is there anyone for sale out there ??I paid good !!

mtbr member
    Pretty sure I have not posted this yet, apologies if this is a repeat...

Wanted:

NOS/Mint Ritchey Vantage Pro 32 Hole "6061" stickered version
    NOS/Mint Ritchey Vantage Comp 28 Hole "6061" stickered version

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeprex View Post
    Hello from Norway.
    I desperately need a Kona P2 fork to my Kona Kula 1996 project. V-brake 26"
    AC minimum 42, took off one Judy XC.
    is there anyone for sale out there ??I paid good !!
    I have this one, stamped 99 on the steerer tube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-kona-p2-sizes.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-kona-p2.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-kona-velocity-stem-silver.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXPilot View Post
    6.5" and up.
    sorry been recovering from a surgery

red judy has 7.5" steerer
    white fudy has 7" steerer

the red DH needs a decal [left lower missing] its as I got it on a bike I am redoing except I cleaned and relubed with fresh slickoleum

the white judy received new oem 80mm damper [drilled for the 8mm retaining bolts, titanium from Toronto cycles] and a new oem set of type three springs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-dampers.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-judy-dh-1.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-judy-dh-2.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-judy-dh.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-80mm-judy-back-together.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-80mm-judy-fresh-slickoleum.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-80mm-judy-left-stancion-full-slickoleum.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-80mm-judy-right-stancion-full-slickoleum.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-front-view.jpg  

Jeprex
    Aug 2018
    Sweet,do you know the AC ?
    Do you sell and send to Norway ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Yes, i measure 410mm AC, sorry i see you need 420mm?

Jeprex
    Aug 2018
    Price ink sending ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeprex View Post
    Price ink sending ?
    I am asking 100$ usd for the p2 and matching velocity stem
    Email or pm me your post code and i can get you a shipping quote
    Topazblue330ci@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Looking for anything specialized from 96 back. Clothing, parts, bikes etc. Let me know what you have.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Adams View Post
    Looking for anything specialized from 96 back. Clothing, parts, bikes etc. Let me know what you have.
    This pair of bib shorts from about 1996 has been worn many dozens of times, but if youre a big fan, then you probably cant resist:

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-c0b37b92-ef51-473f-8c6e-3d8285895ec8.jpg

Ok that was a joke. (Unless you really want it, then Im 100% serious) I do also have this windbreaker which is from 1993 or so Id guess?? It has a Suntour logo on it, anway, and the sleeves date back to the last time neon was cool.

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-5115bd03-4ed1-46f7-9d05-7a851b18e9c6.jpg

Pm if interested.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I`m still looking for a set of early Ritchey fillet brazed Bullmoose bars with the original nickel finish & larger 22.2 quill size if anyone has some for sale

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Anyone have a GT Bologna fork with a long steering tube? 9+ inches long.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hi, for my newest project I am after a decent high rise quill stem, such as a Salsa P7 preferable with 1 1/8" steerer. But I will consider everything with up to 100mm and between 25 and 53

Cheers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234