Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

1991 Stumpjumper Comp Rigid Fork

Newbie here. I came across a decent 1992 Stumpjumper Comp. It has a seized Answer Manitou Easton fork. Iíd like to swap it out for a rigid fork. Any tips on what to look for or what will work? I am an older guy and wonít be charging hard. Just some light trail riding. I started the usual Ebay, CL search but canít find any Specialized Stumpjumper forks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-1024_1.jpg  

sluice box
    Have Gary Fisher DustTrax 26x2.2 gum wall NOS. If anyone is looking for a new shoe. Not sure of the year. In AK will ship to outside on your $ make offer.
    Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-20170626_191252.jpgThread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-20170626_191303.jpg

Rubber Side Usually Down
    Quote Originally Posted by bp101 View Post
    Newbie here. I came across a decent 1992 Stumpjumper Comp. It has a seized Answer Manitou Easton fork. Iíd like to swap it out for a rigid fork.
    The manitou 1 really suits it. Are you sure it is totally trashed now and can't be rebuilt? The original elastomers would be overdue for a replacement by now. It is one of the simplest mtb fork designs ever.

suspensionforkparts.net might be able to help.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------
    'Geez, I wish I had a witty signature'

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    [QUOTE=Mr Crudley;13229362]The manitou 1 really suits it. Are you sure it is totally trashed now and can't be rebuilt? The original elastomers would be overdue for a replacement by now. It is one of the simplest mtb fork designs ever.

suspensionforkparts.net might be able to help.

Not sure really. Not knowledgeable on shocks or mountain bikes for that matter. I just know it doesnít spring back and bike is unridable since the fork rubs on the tire.
    Thank you for the link - Iíll check it out but still not sold on this fork though.

Rubber Side Usually Down
    Not sure really. Not knowledgeable on shocks or mountain bikes for that matter. I just know it doesnít spring back and bike is unridable since the fork rubs on the tire. Thank you for the link - Iíll check it out but still not sold on this fork though.
    It is a classic and one of the earliest ones that worked. It will take the edge off bumps but anywhere in the league of today's forks.I don't need another one but I'd take it off your hands you are going to throw it

The earlier Manitou suspension are all one form of another of a shishkebab of squishy elastomers or MCU's and springs. No hydraulics to worry about.

Sorry to pimp another forum, but it is for a good cause.
    The M1 manual is here.
    Answer Manitou Owners Manual | Technical & Manuals | Retrobike

Here is a rebuild example.
    Manitou 1 fork rebuild with springs ¬Ľ bMHR

Other handy threads.
    Manitou 1 Rebuild | Retrobike
    and
    Manitou 2 Coil/Elastomer FrankenFork Build Thread | Retrobike

I would guess the elastomers you have in your Manitou 1's there have collapsed due to old age only.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crudley View Post
    It is a classic and one of the earliest ones that worked. It will take the edge off bumps but anywhere in the league of today's forks.I don't need another one but I'd take it off your hands you are going to throw it

The earlier Manitou suspension are all one form of another of a shishkebab of squishy elastomers or MCU's and springs. No hydraulics to worry about.

Sorry to pimp another forum, but it is for a good cause.
    The M1 manual is here.
    Answer Manitou Owners Manual | Technical & Manuals | Retrobike

Here is a rebuild example.
    Manitou 1 fork rebuild with springs ¬Ľ bMHR

Other handy threads.
    Manitou 1 Rebuild | Retrobike
    and
    Manitou 2 Coil/Elastomer FrankenFork Build Thread | Retrobike

I would guess the elastomers you have in your Manitou 1's there have collapsed due to old age only.
    Awesome! I will take a look at these links. You have my attention. Thanks man.

Rubber Side Usually Down
    Worth the effort for your classic steed. Let me know if you need more details and I'll do my best to help out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crudley View Post
    Worth the effort for your classic steed. Let me know if you need more details and I'll do my best to help out.

Thatís really cool man. Thank you very much. Thatís exactly what I was hoping to find by joining this forum.

gkk
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Looking for a few parts to complete a restoration of my 1993 Monster Fat.

M735 XT Brakes & levers (complete set) or
    M560 Levers only (no shifters or pod needed, have thumbies)
    Pedals of similar vintage

Well-Used is fine, this bike has lots of "patina".

thanks for any leads!

/Greg

the new Gilbert Grape
    Looking for a full set (front an drear) of black Paul Stoplight canti brakes. Anyone have a spare set they're looking to get rid of?
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Looking for retro water bottle cages, especially with pink or blue tones. 1980's 1990's Zefal or Specialized would be most likely to work.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    StevieDT, how much do you want for two orange ones?

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Hey Guys,

Looking for a nicer 27.0 seatpost with some layback. Ritchey branded nitto would be my ideal. Have some VRC items for trade or happy to discuss a fair price. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by exlibris View Post
    Hey Guys,

Looking for a nicer 27.0 seatpost with some layback. Ritchey branded nitto would be my ideal. Have some VRC items for trade or happy to discuss a fair price. Thanks!
    I think I might have one for you. Shoot me a PM re. what VRC parts you have in trade and I will shoot you some pics.

rismtb
    Dec 2012

ritchey 27.0

have this ritchey 27.0 not sure if its laid back enough. The black one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-img_3309.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hi ALL,
    maybe kind of a long shot but I'd love to have a second singlespeed frame next to my Lobster. Is something out here?

Specs: steel, 18"-20" (c-t) and at least 22.5" (c-c TT)

Thanks so much!

Link to Classifieds: WTD: Vintage Singlespeed Frame - Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes and Accessories

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    bp101, I just picked up a bike earlier this week with the Manitou shocks and have just got them apart to rebuild them. I found this manual online and it has helped.

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekatal...s/Manituo4.pdf

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_ralph View Post
    bp101, I just picked up a bike earlier this week with the Manitou shocks and have just got them apart to rebuild them. I found this manual online and it has helped.

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekatal...s/Manituo4.pdf
    Thanks for sending the link. Iíll definitely take a look.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi team,

Chasing a dirt drop stem and RM-2 barsfor my Ritchey project.

I'm based in Australia but happy to pay postage.

Cheers

Adrian the Aussie

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Seek a pair of Bullseye BB cups to complete a project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers and have a great Labor Day!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Kinda newish, but looking for a rear swing arm for a 99 Mantra. Freebie because somehow the owner managed to destroy the BB shell.
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Kinda newish, but looking for a rear swing arm for a 99 Mantra. Freebie because somehow the owner managed to destroy the BB shell.
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    Well, damn it! I cracked the top cup of a chris king no-logo headset.
    Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-king-crack.jpg
    Long shot, but I'm hoping someone has a matching cup or whole headset that they'd be willing to part with. Could probably be bottom or top since there's no logo, and it doesn't necessarily need bearings. If all else fails, I'd consider a logo cup I suppose. Silver, 1". Thanks!
    We still hang bike thieves in Wyoming [Pedal House]

artistic...
    Looking for a vicious cycles fork 11/8, 425mm(or any other high quality fork w/ same specs). Could trade for a fat chance wicked fork(purple, exc condition), syncros 26.4 seatpost, silver kore elite 135mm 0 degr. ahead stem, silver control tech 1in ahead stem and titec 100 carbon bar ends.
    Also looking for 2 pairs of 26" 2.2/ 2.1 xc tires. Nanoraptors would be excellent.
    Last edited by colker1; 09-10-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by iamkeith View Post
    Well, damn it! I cracked the top cup of a chris king no-logo headset.
    If you can't find one call CK up and ask if they can help you out. They've been known to work the occasional miracle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I picked up an old Fat Chance frame (1988 i believe) but am missing the fork. I Would like to buy one, unicrown from a 1986-1990ish Fat. Color doesn't matter but yellow is what I need and it's for a large size frame. 1" threaded

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ambivalent Luddite
    Nice pick up, what's the serial number? It will tell you what year it is.

inFATuated

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Dude View Post
    Nice pick up, what's the serial number? It will tell you what year it is.
    B01148F

It's an odd serial number. 88 Fat Chance catalog shows it as a U brake frame but mine is Canti brake, an old Fat employee told me some were special ordered that way but that's all I really know.

Has Suntour dropouts, press fit BB, 1" head

Ambivalent Luddite
    It's an '88, the 114th built that year, not sure about the "B", I've seen that in a few serial numbers. The '88 catalog has '87 bikes in the pics, the only year U-brakes were standard.

It takes a fork with 2" of rake to go with it's 69deg head tube angle.

inFATuated

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I've run into a small issue with the 88 Fat Chance and need either a silver Chris King 2nut top (have cups and crown race) so I can run a brake hanger in the stack, or I need a stem with a roller cam or built in hanger and then cut my steerer down to fit (not the ideal choice).

So, does anyone have a 1" CK 2nut laying around they'd sell or trade? I have the GripNut i could trade, 3dv top cap and a few other CK bits laying around to swap as well as a Salsa stem if I go that route. Still on the lookout for a Fat Chance fork but the one I painted will do for now.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by dubya3 View Post
    I've run into a small issue with the 88 Fat Chance and need either a silver Chris King 2nut top (have cups and crown race) so I can run a brake hanger in the stack, or I need a stem with a roller cam or built in hanger and then cut my steerer down to fit (not the ideal choice).

So, does anyone have a 1" CK 2nut laying around they'd sell or trade? I have the GripNut i could trade, 3dv top cap and a few other CK bits laying around to swap as well as a Salsa stem if I go that route. Still on the lookout for a Fat Chance fork but the one I painted will do for now.

Just put a steel Tange headset there..

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hi,
    also the frame is not particular vintage it needs a decent fork: 1 1/8, steel, threadless and at least 20cm steerer, 41cm AC +/- 1.5cm ...

Thats the frame:

(Matt Chester Utiitiman)

Thanks!
    Last edited by caemis; 10-12-2017 at 01:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Looking for an 18" WTB Phoenix Titanium frame. Any help is much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I'm looking for a 22.2 Ritchey quill stem in black just like the one posted earlier if anyone else has one. Preferably 130+

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
    I'm looking for a 22.2 Ritchey quill stem in black just like the one posted earlier if anyone else has one. Preferably 130+
    PM me. I think I have a Ritchey force stem or two.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2 or 3. Cunningham Racer.

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    is the 26.4mm Syncros post for sale? is it blk? I need one for a project started in 2008

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I am looking for a set of Deore XT thumb shifters.

I have a set of Deore DX ST-M071 brake lever shifter combos that I'd be willing to trade. PM me for a picture.

mtbr member
    I have DX thumbshifters. Not looking for that brake lever/shifter in trade, though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I need a single Mavic M231 rim (32h) for a frame that's been a slow build. Doesn't need to be super nice, just rideable

artistic...
    I would like a suntour xc pro headset. A shimano 600 would do.

This place needs an enema
    Have: One wheel worth of Paul Crosstops. They work great.

Want: Really only in need of newer WTB Vigo saddles.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-img_0606.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Looking for a set of WTB Classic Grease Guard Hubs in Gunmetal Grey.

Have a very little ridden silver WTB wheelset (140 rear hub) as a trade option.

Thanks

Moritz

the new Gilbert Grape

early Ritchey Vantage rim

I'm looking for a rim that matches the one pictured below. It's a 1989(ish) Ritchey Vantage rim - 32h, dark anodized. I need either a lone rim in good shape, or a complete rear wheel built to a Shimano XT m-732 hub. Either option, looking for a rim that is in good condition.

Also, (last option) if you have a nice complete wheelset with these rims in silver I might be interested in that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-20171121_111718.jpg  

Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    have these although they are silver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-img_3010.jpg  

Thread for Wanted Items for Vintage MTB Only-img_3011.jpg  

artistic...
    Need a 1" shimano crown race and the upper race that goes inside the head tube. I have a 105 headset which is JIS and i need ISO standard parts.
    I believe those races must be interchangeable between their headsets.
    Thanks.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    I'm looking for a rim that matches the one pictured below. It's a 1989(ish) Ritchey Vantage rim - 32h, dark anodized. I need either a lone rim in good shape, or a complete rear wheel built to a Shimano XT m-732 hub. Either option, looking for a rim that is in good condition.

Also, (last option) if you have a nice complete wheelset with these rims in silver I might be interested in that.
    I have a Vantage Comp in grey and a Vantage Sport in silver. Different decals though.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubya3 View Post
    I need a single Mavic M231 rim (32h) for a frame that's been a slow build. Doesn't need to be super nice, just rideable

Still looking? I have one for you. $5 plus actual shipping cost.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I have a Vantage Comp in grey and a Vantage Sport in silver. Different decals though.
    Thanks. I'm trying to match the decals. These were used in the late 80s and possibly 1990. After that they changed several times. My frame is from, `89, so I'd like to stick with the early decals.

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    Thanks. I'm trying to match the decals. These were used in the late 80s and possibly 1990. After that they changed several times. My frame is from, `89, so I'd like to stick with the early decals.
    I figured but thought I'd throw them out there.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vmontyy View Post
    Still looking? I have one for you. $5 plus actual shipping cost.
    Yes, that'd be most Awesome! Are you in the states?

mtbr member

Looking for 27.0 Seat Post and B72

Looking for an old school 27.0 seatpost like this that has some good adjustably. Also, looking for a Brooks B72 with patina that is decent shape leather wise, lots of the ones with patina on eBay are cracking and overpriced....

Name:  s-l225.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  9.9 KB
    Klunk on............

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Syncros made an aluminum 27.0 post. Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123