Not a regular
    Jan 2004

Thank you First Flight Bikes

The scans you've been posting have been great reads. Keep 'em coming!

artistic...
    indeed!
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Yes, especially a 1992 salsa catalog! Ha ha ha!

I agree with Mike. It's been bedtime reading and it's been a really fun read!

VRC Illuminati
    Scanning is a pain in the ass too....so yes, a huge thank you to Jeff and Wes. But mostly Jeff.

-eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

Fat City Michael

Thank you First Flight Bikes

You guys must put in A LOT of hours with your shop, your special builds, your museum, your web site, your events...I assume that there are more employees other than just Jeff and Wes doing all of this?
    If it's not already up there and when you have the time I'd like to see a page devoted to your staff and tell us what makes you all tick, as you've defintely been one of the major forces in keeping the VRC MTB torch going for the better part of the past 7 years as far as I've seen it! Keep up the good work, there's a lot of selfish "collectors" out there and everyone is guilty of hoarding or seeking out a deal for themself in one way or another but you guys are like the unofficial or possibly the official comand center for old mountain bikes and an incredibly generous source of info for all of us who are into this scene!
    FATMIKEYNYC
    STILL Looking For: NOS 176 Non-Drive Cook Bros RSR Crank Arm in silver

slow
    Your bikes, scans, etc, bring back my shop days in the late 80's and early 90's. Thanks for all of the hard work and great reading.

I like butter
    Jan 2004
    Jeff is doing all of the scans as he goes through a lot of stuff we just got from a good source. The shop really is just Jeff and me with one 5-6hour/week part timer. Jeff works on the site harder than anyone could imagine and should get more credit then he does. We have talked about a employee page but cant even finish the history page. Too much stuff to do on just the web site for MOMBAT and then we get to deal with the shop and Mountain Goat on top of that so things can get strung out or put on the back burner to go drink beer with buddies and ride bikes every once in a while.

McNears-DTB Schooner
    Jeff & Wes- Thanks so much for your contributions to the forum... Please more Salsa stuff!
    Wanted: Salsa P7 or P10 1" quill stem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ^^^what they all said
    [SIZE=1]Fuquay, Saracen Kili Flyer, DBR Axis, Dave Yates Diabolo, RSP 450, Mystery Ti, Proflex 855, Orange X1[/SIZE]

mountaingoatcycles.com
    Like wES said, this last batch was sent to us in a box already torn out of the magazines and it was easier to scan and post it as we were filing it.

There really are only the two of us at the shop which is probably the biggest misconception about the shop. Most people assume there are 5 or 6 others running around.

This all really started when I was compiling stuff on the computer and figured it would be easier to access if it was on the web site. It is occasionally fun to go to one of the Internet archive sites and check out the beginnings of this mess. We don't do it for any type of recognition but I do appreciate the "shout outs". Sometimes we kinda wonder if any out there notices or cares.

The biggest problem is my inability to stay on one task. I get rolling on one certain part of the web site (new pictures, part pictures, scans.....) but rarely ever finish anything. The FFB history page really needs the final touches and then editing and we have always talked about employee pages but just haven't made it happen. It is weird writing crap about yourself. Much easier to write about others.

So drop us a note of encouragement on occasion or make suggestions and we'll continue to improve!

Fat City Michael
    I personally appreciate all of your hard work and love to see the latest things that you guys come up with and it's rather amazing that it's just the 2 of you behind all of this!!
    FATMIKEYNYC
    STILL Looking For: NOS 176 Non-Drive Cook Bros RSR Crank Arm in silver