Retro on Steroids

Talking in the Library

(This is cross-posted to the Northern California forum, but it may be of interest to some of the VRC crowd.)

I had a call a few weeks ago from the librarian at the Corte Madera Library. She told me she loved Fat Tire Flyer, and would I speak at the library?

I haven't had much experience in delivering lectures, but a microphone does not scare me, so a couple of nights ago I gave my talk and it was well received. One audience member went across the street to Barnes and Noble and brought back four copies of my book for me to sign.

Another librarian was in the audience. The next day got a call from the Mill Valley Library asking for an encore. That is scheduled for December 2, at 7:00 at the Mill Valley Library.

Everything I talk about is covered in my book, but apparently it's easier to listen to me than to read it.

A few days later on the 6th of December I will be joined by Joe Breeze and Wende Cragg for a book signing at Copperfields Books in San Rafael. Attend if you dare.
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

Phobia of petting zoos.
    Oct 2005
    If you bring this speaking tour on the road (or trail) to Australia, I'm there.

Grumps

VRC Illuminati
    Live story telling is always the most entertaining/engaging form of receiving the story.
    Make sure you leave out the very end of each story so they have to go buy the book to find out how it ends!

Maybe a Bay Area Library Tour is in your future?
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

rismtb
    Dec 2012
    Love story telling and weird questions being answered to make the scene more virtual hope you can come to Vancouver some day when the old school mtb crowd here get their **** together. HELLO

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are you also coming to Germany?

Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by huelse View Post
    Are you also coming to Germany?
    I will go anywhere as long as I can make some money on my book. I would have to sell a pretty big pile of them to get to Germany.
    shui.

mtbr member
    Charlie,

Congrats on the upcoming lecture tour. Who knows where this will take you. You may end up entertaining presidents and kings along the way... that will probably cause an update to the book.

By the way, I did read Fat Tire Flyer and it is a marvelous book. I would like to say that the book was so captivating that it kept me from riding, but a titanium plate and 11 screws in my clavicle took care of that... and gave me plenty of spare time.

John
    1995 Trek 970 - 80mm Atom Race
    1992 Serotta T-Max - 70mm Z3 Light
    1993 GT All Terra - 46mm Mag 21

CS2
    mtbr member
    Zuhu
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    (This is cross-posted to the Northern California forum, but it may be of interest to some of the VRC crowd.)

I had a call a few weeks ago from the librarian at the Corte Madera Library. She told me she loved Fat Tire Flyer, and would I speak at the library?

I haven't had much experience in delivering lectures, but a microphone does not scare me, so a couple of nights ago I gave my talk and it was well received. One audience member went across the street to Barnes and Noble and brought back four copies of my book for me to sign.

Another librarian was in the audience. The next day got a call from the Mill Valley Library asking for an encore. That is scheduled for December 2, at 7:00 at the Mill Valley Library.

Everything I talk about is covered in my book, but apparently it's easier to listen to me than to read it.

A few days later on the 6th of December I will be joined by Joe Breeze and Wende Cragg for a book signing at Copperfields Books in San Rafael. Attend if you dare.
    Cleveland is too far to drive. So, I just bought a few copies of the book.
    A garage full of steel frames means happiness.

Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by 70sSanO View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming lecture tour. Who knows where this will take you. You may end up entertaining presidents and kings along the way... that will probably cause an update to the book.

By the way, I did read Fat Tire Flyer and it is a marvelous book. I would like to say that the book was so captivating that it kept me from riding, but a titanium plate and 11 screws in my clavicle took care of that... and gave me plenty of spare time.
    Sorry to hear about the damage. Get well soon.

Funny you should mention heads of state. A friend is a set designer in Hollywood, and a few weeks ago he was invited to decorate the White House library for a Halloween party. Just in case, he took a copy along with a note telling the president he could keep it.
    shui.

mtbr member
    Hopefully the president will take a look at it, although his take on it may be a bunch of crazy white dudes trying to kill themselves.

I think George W would appreciate it a lot more since he actually rides. I hear that he is a pretty good rider and has a bunch of trails on his ranch.

Now if you could set up a ride with GW that would be a pretty cool.

John
    1995 Trek 970 - 80mm Atom Race
    1992 Serotta T-Max - 70mm Z3 Light
    1993 GT All Terra - 46mm Mag 21