GMF
    Mmm... Tasty

Strange Marzocchi fork dimension request

I'm looking to hybridize a 2002 Marzocchi Marathon I was gifted with a mid 90s Z(something) lowers with the bolt-on arch. The stantions are the same OD and pitch, but the damper assembly stuff which is more sophisticated in the Marathon are a specific length. The critical dimension I am curious about is the distance between the axle centerline and the recessed face the damper is bolted to:
    Strange Marzocchi fork dimension request-marzocchi-bolt-depth.jpg

When I get back home this weekend, i'll get the 2002 marathon depth for the record.

Thanks for any help,
    -Damon

human dehumidifier
    How accurate does the measurement need to be? I've got a Z2 BAM in the garage, but will have to measure with a ruler.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    Within a couple mm would be fine. My understanding is that this will ultimately set the axle crown height.

I think a ruler may be a bit on the wide side so something like. Spoke or a straw dropped down in there and marked at the axle line with a sharpie would give a pretty accurate measure...

Thanks!

human dehumidifier
    Yeah I realized a ruler wouldn't work right after I posted that. A tape rule won't work either unless I disassemble the fork, but the spoke or straw idea is do-able. I'll post what I find here in a bit, will do it before I start the yard work (ugh).
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    Much appreciated. And FWIW, i'd much rather be in a yard doing work than a cube doing work (like just before and after now...).

human dehumidifier
    Well I'm in the eastern TZ so my day of staring at a screen is over.

I measured it out at 4-5/8", two separate measurements, both the same. (turned the straw over and did it again) I had a wheel in the drops so I wasn't guessing at the axle position. Eyeballed to the center of the QR.

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    Perfect, thanks a bunch. I'll compare that with the marathon fork this weekend and hopefully dimensions will be compatible and work in my favor :-)

GMF
    Mmm... Tasty
    For the record, the Marathon is 82mm vs. about 118 on the older z2. Ifi put the z2 lowers on the marathon, the fork would get a lot longer. No obvious/easy compatibility.