mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Some info about my Griffen Full Suspension

Well I don't know if this is a good thing or not but I searched this entire forum and didn't find a single post about Griffen full suspension bikes. I am about to rebuild mine and an looking for some sort of info it and if they are worth working on. I think it's around a 97 or 98 model. I will post some pics as soon as my post count is high enough.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ok, here are some pics of my bike. I was told when I bought it several years ago that is was a lightweight metal matrix Griffen frame with a Titus rear. I know that when I had the Fox Float R shock rebuilt by Fox they said it was a special made shock for Griffen and was only used a couple of years. It has a a Marzocchi Bomber Flylight Z3 100mm dual air adjust front fork, SRAM 7 speed Cassette, Titec Hellbent Handlebar and stem, Race Face Good and Evil grips, Bontrager Camino rear wheel, set of Kenda Mountain tires 26x1.95 and tubes. Other parts include Bontrager Race Crankset, Shimano Deore XT front derailler, Shimano Acera rear derailler, Shimano trigger shifters and brake levers, Weinman XTB front wheel, Avenir Saddle, Chris King Headset. It has been sitting for the last several years in my garage and when I moved a month ago I set it outside for a week and my dog really worked it over. I thought that this section would be the best section to post this in since I figured it was old enough to be a classic. I am already searching out parts to start rebuilding it. I am going to pull the fork off tomorrow and send it back to Marzocchi to get rebuilt. I am hoping that the rear shock is ok since it was rebuilt about 3 years ago but hasn't had but about 25 miles on it since then. I would appreciate any info or feedback on the bike.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    HEY! THANKS for reading the stickies! You're awesome!

Do you like the bike enough to invest in some parts? A saddle and....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I definately like the bike, its very light for what it is. I don't have a problem throwing a little money at it. I rode a buddies new fuel ex7 and while it seemed smoother pedaling the suspension on my bike felt a lot better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk