No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Smorgasbord Cycles: Complete History

Just posted over on Dirt Rag. In the Blog section.
    As a Smor hardtail owner and being from PA, I thought that it was kind of nice...

http://www.dirtragmag.com/blogarific...t-steel-feast/

Any other Smor owners (besides Chris Daily) on here?
    Angry, Warrior Daisy Flower, heads?

Gotta' get that thing built back up into a singlespeed....Breezer drops and all!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Is daily on here? I still ride my Grand Buffet road frame all the time...

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Suspect... Thought that I'd see you post!
    Daily has been on. Don't think that he's regularly on though.
    He responded to a post on here a long time ago that had Smor involved it it.

Weird. Thought of him this past weekend as I was riding in Mt. Gretna, PA. Proximity of the area to Hershey or whatever but made me think of my Smor frame.

I remember picking mine up and totally digging the "nondescript" color. To quote Daily, "baby poop brown"! I love stealthy bike colors!

Still have and wear my Smor T's, sweatshirt as well.

"Even Lobster Boy liked a good Smorgasbord!"

That frame has seen trails in UT (Moab, St. George/Zion area, and Brian Head). One rider even stopped me on Slickrock with a, "Hey! There's a Smorgasbord!"
    Colorado: Aspen/Carbondale areas.
    MT: all of the area in the east around Billings and out in Bozeman. Even had Carl Strong eye it up and give it props while in Bozeman. Pretty high praise, IMO!

And, of course, all over areas out here in the East. (I live in PA.)
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

artistic...
    almost bought one in 00. got myself an ibis instead.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

mtbr member

Smorgasbord Grand Buffet

Here's a link to a Smorgasbord catalog that I found....

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/bikekatal...morgasbord.pdf

I picked up one of their road frames, the "Grand Buffet" a couple of months ago and have been riding it this fall. Nice bike but a little too big for me, bought an ad over at RBR if anyone is interested.

http://classifieds.roadbikereview.co.../product/18085

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've got a catalog, earlier than the one above I think that I will try to scan/post. We sold one through the shop.. killer geo, looped rear end if I remember correctly. They disappeared too quick. Wish I had bought a tee!

-Schmitty-

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    I have a catalog as well....an early photocopied one and a color brochure.

Breezer drops with a single piece bent (looped) seatstay to a monostay at the seatpost.

I have two T's....the one with just the Smorgasbord logo on the front and Smorgasbord definition on the back...
    The other with the Smor logo on the front (angry, warrior Daisy) and an image of Lobster Boy on the back.
    "Even Lobster Boy Loves a Good Smorgasbord"

Oh, a Smor sweatshirt too!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    BTW, the guy that's doing the X-Up on the Smor BMX bike in the catalog photo?
    We ride together now and again....great guy.... Awesome rider.
    Goes by Moonraker on here!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    I have a catalog as well....an early photocopied one and a color brochure.

Breezer drops with a single piece bent (looped) seatstay to a monostay at the seatpost.

I have two T's....the one with just the Smorgasbord logo on the front and Smorgasbord definition on the back...
    The other with the Smor logo on the front (angry, warrior Daisy) and an image of Lobster Boy on the back.
    "Even Lobster Boy Loves a Good Smorgasbord"

Oh, a Smor sweatshirt too!

I wonder if the looped stay was a problem for them. The one frame we sold was way out of kilter in the rear, sent it back and forth a number of times, everytime they said it was 'dead nuts', and we said it was screwed. Campy tools, a myriad of properly dished wheels, etc. Maybe the bend had memory.

Really pretty clean frame though.....

-Schmitty-

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    I had mine out in MT for a two week trip. (Work trip but rode while there nonetheless. )
    Did a few different rides in areas from Billings to Bozeman... wish that I'd have had time to hit up the NW part of the state though...

But, stopped by Carl Strong's while in Bozeman for the evening. His old place...so, it's been a few years. Great guy. He set me up with an "Emerald Lake" ride. (I think that was the name)
    He wanted to take a look at my rig and came out to the ole rental car to give it the once over. Had nothing but good to say about it from what I remember. I just remember leaving and thinking that it made me feel pretty good about it coming from him.

Plus, he pointed me to the Ale Works for dinner and some brews after my ride.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

Bicycle repairman
    Eastcoaster - where are you from? I chased a guy down recently on the trail in Gretna that was riding a single speed Smorgasbord. Was it you? I was on my Pugsley at the time.

A good friend of mine knows Chris pretty well.
    Too many bikes!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Not me on my Smor at Gretna. Orig. of the Exton, PA area. Now of New Holland.
    My smor is on it's way to being a dedicated singlespeed/ hanging in the garage as a frame only right now... A buddy/riding friend of mine is buds with Daily as well. Although I only know Chris through the purchase of my frame. Drove up to Hershey to get it from him....

Although if you see an EWR Woods Bike (Orange and original from the last batch in 1997 or a Sinister Gruitr at Gretna.... that'd be me!)
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!