mtbr member
    May 2014

Second Annual Marin Fat Tire Classics Celebration (08/27/2017)

Hey all,

First off, it's good to be back from my extended vacation from MTBR. Secondly, I've returned with, what I believe to be, some very good news! It's time to start getting ready for the second annual Marin Fat Tire Classics Celebration (that's what I'm calling it now)!

Last year was an absolute blast, so my hope it that we can capture that magic once again. The format will be the same, but with a few added bonuses. Here's where I'm at so far;

- The event will be held on Sunday, August 27th. Guests should aim to arrive at 9:00am. The ride will begin at 10:00am and finish around noon, just in time for lunch.

- The location has been moved just a short distance down the road to the Miwok Meadows picnic area in China Camp State Park. This site has a much larger capacity for guests and parking, and is centralized within the park's main trail loop.

- Food and beer will, again, be provided. I do still encourage people to contribute with snacks and beverages, if they so desire.

- There are no strict rules in regards to what bikes you may bring. My suggestion is to bring something pre-2000, but really all you need is an appreciation for old bikes. This is a family friendly event, so bring your partners, kids, or whoever as well.

- There is no fee for attending the event. Donations are appreciated though, as I am footing the bill myself, and would like to continue making this thing happen for years to come.

- As a bonus, a couple of the pioneers will be bringing some of their modern contributions to the world of mountain biking for guests to demo. If you've been curious to see how your vintage Fat or Koski compares to the new version, here's your opportunity.

I'm encouraging everyone here who lives in, or will be in the area to attend. Please spread the word as well. As I am not on the social media, it would be great if any of you felt like taking it upon yourselves to let the vintage bike communities elsewhere on the internet know (I'm looking at you, Eric).

Lastly, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at Leedumler@gmail.com with any questions or to R.S.V.P.

Cheers!
    Last edited by LeeDumler; 1 Week Ago at 12:15 AM.

velocipede technician
    In.
    looking for 20-21" P team

artistic...
    I would LOVE to go.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I would love for you to join us! You can't let Hollister have all the fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Last year was a fun and nicely organized event. Also got to meet Ross Shafer. Marked on my calendar.
    Looking for a P7, k14 or f12 1inch

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDumler View Post
    Please spread the word as well. As I am not on the social media, it would be great if any of you felt like taking it upon yourselves to let the vintage bike communities elsewhere on the internet know (I'm looking at you, Eric).
    On it.

Also in! Welcome back and great first return post Lee!
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

VRC Illuminati
    My photo album from last year with a lot of pics!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rumpfy...57671936069870

-eric-

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    New and improved, and I dig the event name. Count me in, good timing I'll be back from seeing the solar eclipse in Wyoming. Many thanks Lee!! Demo'ing a new Fat would be fun.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thanks Eric. Your help getting the word out last year was invaluable. I'm hopeful we can up the attendance this year.

Ben, demoing a new Fat is fun, but beware. After I rode one I ended up ordering one.

used to be uno-speedo....
    Damn. I'll miss it by a couple of weeks. Next time!

gobsmacked Moderator
    checking when my big hiking trip is...stoked though! give me your paypal addy and I'll chip in $20, nonetheless.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    checking when my big hiking trip is...stoked though! give me your paypal addy and I'll chip in $20, nonetheless.
    It would be a shame if you weren't able to make it two years in a row. You are definitely a pillar of this community and we'd love to have you join in the festivities.

My PayPal uses the email I posted at the top of the thread, and thank you very much for supporting the cause.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I had some free time this evening, so I started an art project. Hope to have a stack printed up and in the local bike shops this week.

Second Annual Marin Fat Tire Classics Celebration (08/27/2017)-img_1267.jpg

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeDumler View Post
    I had some free time this evening, so I started an art project. Hope to have a stack printed up and in the local bike shops this week.
    Ah, perfect. I was just looking for the right image to use for Fbook promotion. This will do nicely!
    -eric-

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Yes! Please post it wherever you see fit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    can't wait, thanks for organizing the event again!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by onebignut View Post
    can't wait, thanks for organizing the event again!
    My pleasure! I'll keep doing it as long as people keep showing up!

I have a bit of an update to the afternoon's festivities as well. I spoke with Connie Breeze today, and we are going to try to organize a scheduled tour at the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame. The idea will be to set a time in the afternoon when anyone who is interested can cruise over to the museum and get a group tour of the exhibits. It's about a 25 minute drive from China Camp, and we will most likely plan it around 3:00-4:00 in the afternoon.