Thread: rotec xc4

Edibles

rotec xc4

i have rotec xc4,that i am fixing up,is their a cheap way to put a disc tabs on the rear of this bike.It is a true 4 bar ,a one of a kind from rotec.I have a tracer now and i would have to say this bike is a much better trail bike than the tracer.It is much faster than the tracer on the downhill and it has the cool factor.can i get some help thanks.

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by spongstick
    i have rotec xc4,that i am fixing up,is their a cheap way to put a disc tabs on the rear of this bike.It is a true 4 bar ,a one of a kind from rotec.I have a tracer now and i would have to say this bike is a much better trail bike than the tracer.It is much faster than the tracer on the downhill and it has the cool factor.can i get some help thanks.
    I bet FSP would know of a way to make such a thing happen.
    Dirt diggler also made a post in the 'official slingshot' thread with disc tabs fab'ed for his Sling. You could find out where he had it done for starters...
    Hope that helps a little bit.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

Lawyer Time! No Comment.

Cool-blue Rhythm Discy.

Hmmm.. There's usually a way, it just comes down to how bad you want it. The ones for my Mantis were the result of a couple days of design & FEA, and a few hundred bucks in cnc time. The ones for my Trimble were quicker to design, and only cost about a hundred each for 5 sets. It always helps if you can find other owners interested. Most places won't touch a job till you hit the $500 mark, and at that price point, if you're talking disc adapters, you might as well have them do a few of em, divide evenly & hope to recoup some of your expense. Let me know if you'd like to have a few made. Otherwise, there are options like woodmans disc adapter, & the axlemount & stud spar type, but they do make getting a wheel on & off a bit more of a hassle, plus they're heavy, and, if you don't install em just right (& keep an eye on em) they can rip your frames nether-regions apart. Always an exciting development whilst braking especially hard for something...

If this is your frame, I'd have to get a better look at that non-driveside dropout. If it's anything like the driveside, we could make use of that horiz surface atop the nice lengthy drop, (lucky!) & those milled out pockets below.

Hope this gives you some idea of the scope. Any questions or ideas, you knwo where to find me...
    Pete.

Nothing left to lose, & half mad.

Captain Gravity
    Feb 2004
    Hey! good looking rig you got their.
    Does that thing got a hemi?

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsuperpetis
    Hmmm.. There's usually a way, it just comes down to how bad you want it. The ones for my Mantis were the result of a couple days of design & FEA, and a few hundred bucks in cnc time. The ones for my Trimble were quicker to design, and only cost about a hundred each for 5 sets. It always helps if you can find other owners interested. Most places won't touch a job till you hit the $500 mark, and at that price point, if you're talking disc adapters, you might as well have them do a few of em, divide evenly & hope to recoup some of your expense. Let me know if you'd like to have a few made. Otherwise, there are options like woodmans disc adapter, & the axlemount & stud spar type, but they do make getting a wheel on & off a bit more of a hassle, plus they're heavy, and, if you don't install em just right (& keep an eye on em) they can rip your frames nether-regions apart. Always an exciting development whilst braking especially hard for something...

If this is your frame, I'd have to get a better look at that non-driveside dropout. If it's anything like the driveside, we could make use of that horiz surface atop the nice lengthy drop, (lucky!) & those milled out pockets below.

Hope this gives you some idea of the scope. Any questions or ideas, you knwo where to find me...
    Pete.

Nice bike....riding a Rotec DH now, but that guy looks fun!

Hey whatdoya know....my first post on the new site!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jet
    mtbr member
    I fyou know of anyone that has one of these for sale please let me know.

Preferably before Sully. I want to get all three. I have DH and HT, I need a four bar.

Anyone ever see one of the road frames?