mtbr member
    May 2005

Rocky Mountain Glacier?

Has anyone heard of the Glacier model from Rocky Mountain? I just picked one up at a garage sale for $20. It is all white with dark blue and black lettering, and does not have the original fork. It is made of Tange steel. It has the seat stays forming a unistay at the seat tube with a welded on brake noodle. It has an XT 7-speed derailleur and cantilever brakes. It really looks like my 1992 Rock Mountain Blizzard, so I'm thinking it has to be from 1990-1993? I've checked the online brochures from those years and found nothing. Can anyone here help? I'm really just looking for some more information on it. I'll try to get a pic in the next few days.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Rocky Mountain Glacier?-img_4353.jpg

I finally got around to getting a picture (a poor one) of this bike and taking a closer look at it. It has Tange prestige concept tubing. I think it was set up almost exactly like my '92 Blizzard. It still has a Ritchey seatpost, Wolber rims, and full 7 speed XT. It has a Syncros flat bar with the same shim for the stem that mine has. The fork, headset, and stem are not original. It has XT rapidfire brakes/shifter combos with the shifter portions broken off. That's the only real difference to my Blizzard, as it came stock with XT thumbshifters.

Does anyone know what year this might be, and where it fit in the lineup? Was this some kind of variation of the Blizzard model? Does anyone know where it may have been made? Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Nice score. I picked up a Hammer a week or so ago cheap that is basically that same vintage. Anxious to get it out on the trail.