Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 155
  1. #101
    John Galt
    Reputation: cegrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Benster View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words!

    Happen to have any images of your Crazy Pete?

    Also, definitely more pics on the way. Wanted to have it 100% complete. Almost there!
    Here's a thread on mine:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/ritchey-desig...ly-474880.html

    Oddly, I never put in a pic with the downtube decals...will do that at some point.

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tductape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    Looks great Ben.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Benster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemmer View Post
    Looks great Ben.

    Thank you senor!

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Benster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by cegrover View Post
    Here's a thread on mine:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/ritchey-desig...ly-474880.html

    Oddly, I never put in a pic with the downtube decals...will do that at some point.
    Very nice build you have there on that Ritchey. From 1 former ZCar owner to another...

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Benster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    P22 complete!

    First the disclaimer... Certainly there are some items not quite 100% correct for a 95 P22, but I believe its all at least era correct and dammit I am not very patient and I really want to get this bike on the trails! Current weight w/ pedals is @ 23.4lbs which isn't too shabby.

    Huge props to Double Century for his technical assistance and for offloading a few of his components. It really pays to reach out on this site for advice... Also, huge thanks to Rumpfy for the controversial wheelset . Thank you to Sky of Velocult. What an amazing resource for NOS items. I had no illusions I would ever end up with new Megabites! Last but not least, thank you to my wife who tolerates my insanity. I know 5 bikes is nothing compared to most of you in mtn bike vintage land, but in my particular household, it's plenty.

    Overall, I am quite pleased with the final outcome. I tried to give this bike its proper justice. We'll see how she handles on the trails. I know I can't wait to find out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ritchey P22 project...-p22-complete.jpg  


  6. #106
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,281
    I really like it Ben. Good for you! Don't worry about the number of bikes a person has, that's entirely overrated. There are some guys on this forum that I adore that have zero vintage bikes but they contribute a ton with their knowledge and enthusiasm and we all benefit from that.

    yay! Now go ride!

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Benster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    Few more pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ritchey P22 project...-p22-complete-2.jpg  

    Ritchey P22 project...-p22-complete-3.jpg  

    Ritchey P22 project...-p22-complete-6.jpg  


  8. #108
    Certified Bike Junkie
    Reputation: muddybuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,740
    Looks awsome. I bet that's going to be a great rider. Is that Sweetwater or Otay Lake?
    Need: McMahon brake for roller cam mounts, Mountain Goat fork.

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Benster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    Otay! About 10 homes away from me.

  10. #110
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    Congrats Ben! Its been fun to watch the progression of this project. The love and excitement really translates.

    Look forward to your ride report and seeing it at K'Ville in a few months!
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  11. #111
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Congrats Ben! Its been fun to watch the progression of this project. The love and excitement really translates.

    Look forward to your ride report and seeing it at K'Ville in a few months!
    We must have a party when you have 16000 posts!

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yo-Nate-y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,668
    Sweet sixteen thousand?
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

  13. #113
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    We must have a party when you have 16000 posts!
    I'll make a special thread for it! Ten years on this forum (scary)...thats only 1600 posts a year....not too psycho. Right?
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chefmiguel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,237
    Nice bike Ben, have a lot of fun with it.

  15. #115
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    I'll make a special thread for it! Ten years on this forum (scary)...thats only 1600 posts a year....not too psycho. Right?
    Am i ten yrs here as well? What is this? I have moved to another country and back in the mean time.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

  16. #116
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,478
    I like the frame, the build and i like the pics, the light, the fence... Good stuff.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Benster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    237
    WOW! I expected some criticism! I think you are all getting soft these days!

    Happy New Year!

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fillet-brazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Benster View Post
    WOW! I expected some criticism! I think you are all getting soft these days!

    Happy New Year!
    Needs Ritchey brakes and rims.

    As I mentioned before, nice looking bike. Rare color.

  19. #119
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Benster View Post
    WOW! I expected some criticism! I think you are all getting soft these days!

    Happy New Year!
    you got that right. There's a San Andreas that is just begging for my comments.

  20. #120
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Benster View Post
    WOW! I expected some criticism! I think you are all getting soft these days!

    Happy New Year!
    Oh...well....in that case.

    Front wheel is on backwards. 'XT' logo should be same direction as the rear wheel. Line the tire logos up with the valve stems.

    Silver Ritchey (Nitto) Force stem and Ritchey hanger instead of the black Ritchey stem from a Bridgestone. Though I did the same thing on my blue Ritchey because the integrated hanger is just so much cleaner.

    Ritchey headset over a CK. Of course the CK is functionally superior.

    Toe clips and straps on the pedals otherwise go to SPDs.


    Anyone can nit pick a bike to death though. I think the build you put on it is really close to fully correct with some user friendly selections for hours of reliable fun XC shredding!
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  21. #121
    gobsmacked Moderator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,281
    Yeah, the pedals.

  22. #122
    Team Brooklyn
    Reputation: CCMDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Benster View Post
    P22 complete!

    First the disclaimer... Certainly there are some items not quite 100% correct for a 95 P22, but I believe its all at least era correct and dammit I am not very patient and I really want to get this bike on the trails! Current weight w/ pedals is @ 23.4lbs which isn't too shabby.

    Huge props to Double Century for his technical assistance and for offloading a few of his components. It really pays to reach out on this site for advice... Also, huge thanks to Rumpfy for the controversial wheelset . Thank you to Sky of Velocult. What an amazing resource for NOS items. I had no illusions I would ever end up with new Megabites! Last but not least, thank you to my wife who tolerates my insanity. I know 5 bikes is nothing compared to most of you in mtn bike vintage land, but in my particular household, it's plenty.

    Overall, I am quite pleased with the final outcome. I tried to give this bike its proper justice. We'll see how she handles on the trails. I know I can't wait to find out!

    Just oozes class ...
    Wanted: more of the same ... but different

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tductape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,093
    I think these would look good on that bike. Too bad I am a hoarder.



    Stunning bike Ben.
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2, or 3. Fillet brazed Ibis Custom. Cunningham Racer. Otis Guy (but not that softride model). That's all I need I don't need anything else... except... except for an old Mountain Goat bar stem combo. And that's all I need. I don't need anything else. Except.....

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation: yo-Nate-y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Benster View Post
    WOW! I expected some criticism! I think you are all getting soft these days!

    Happy New Year!

    AAAAND the saddle is ugly.

    But all in all, I dig the bike! Now all you have to do is get Tim to pony up the goods.
    (and get some toe-clips/straps)
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

  25. #125
    artistic...
    Reputation: colker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,478
    Ride report?

    You could place a longer stem there w/ the same 10 rise. 1cm longer. And move your saddle back a bit.
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •